That Moment When 6: Happy Trails to TMW! I'll Hope to See You Soon!

I just saw the rename of the thread… I guess it’s a sign. To see if I can really pull that off :crazy_face::rofl::joy::sweat_smile:

2 Likes

I mean, with all the hype at this point everyone’s gonna want one. Might as well start charging and pull in the big bucks.

2 Likes

I guess my chooses career path and degree will come in handily after all :joy::rofl::laughing:

2 Likes

So a vet tech + zoology major, eh? Do you want to end up working with exotic beasts or stick with the classic dog and cat setup?

For some reason this reminds me of an anecdote I read in Feynman’s autobiography where he walked into a library and asked to see a “map of the cat” for zoology class. :rofl:

2 Likes

I’m been covered in pee, poop, vomit and blood enough. I will always love the pet offices. But I want to help with conversation and I would love to help get some of these amazing animals off of the endangered lists. I figured Veterinary back group helps with quick response times plus if an animal needs to be saved I can start it before a Vet tech can get there. I once did CPR on a duckling that had no noticeable vitals and he came back to me. My best friend was there and was amazed. He did lose his voice but other than that he was amazing. I am not sure yet where I would go to answer the pull to the wild, but my done asked to go where the Blue Fairy Penguins are :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

Aww, it’s not everyday you can put “Saver of Ducklings” on your resume. That’s flippin’ awesome! :smiley:

I hadn’t heard of Blue Fairy Penguins but the Great and Almighty Oracle that is Wikipedia tells me they’re native to southern Australia and New Zealand? Never been to the mythical land down under but NZ was absolutely fantastic to visit. Emigration is super hard though from what I hear, unfortunately.

2 Likes

Anddd that moment when apparently no one else is up this late in the TMW thread. Methinks 'tis time to crash myself before I get sucked into the ever-expanding tab universe of Wiki exploration. :joy:

'Night errybody.

2 Likes

There’s a preserve in Australia actually. That’s where he wants me to work and live. Sometimes you can go Places of you have skills they need and the will to get there. Though I am sure American Scientists go to study them all the time :thinking:

1 Like

@Nyxifer
How do people claim it? Is it a servitor? What is its specialty?

Tmw a piece of the carpet appears to shift, lift up and move like a chameleon walking away from me before going back to normal after two steps.

Figures the one night I didn’t have any rum.

1 Like

Tmw two christians came at my door asking whether i need a free bible, they were a couple i guess… they needed people in their church of whatever to volunteer for some stuff.

“Young prodigy”

Did you ask him for that title?

Just kidding, congrats on the enormity of your success.

Tmw…

jM3X1bb

4 Likes

Interesting.

Science has come a long way in explaining the mechanics of things, what happens physically. But when it comes to answering WHY, the best they can do right now basically equates to Uh, a wizard did it?

:laughing:

2 Likes

Hmmmm. There’s a documentary on sleep paralysis and the hypnagogic and hypnopompic hallucinations that come with it. It’s called The Nightmare and it also goes into how many people from all different cultures and walks of life, experience similar hallucinations during sp.

3 Likes

I’ve seen it.

Can see how that might be terrifying to the normies, maybe because i’m so jaded or just been doing this so long, any time something similar happens to me the first thought that runs through my head is usually, Motherfucker, you better have something really fascinating to say or be dropping a few grand on the night table for waking me up like this. :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

TMW catching a breather during a busy few days reading TMW & hence necro-Likes incoming. :smiley:

Is that a real thing?! :astonished:

White gravy, I mean.

SO true. :ok_hand:

But mainly what I wanted to post is:

Share it though? :hamster:

Groupthink sucks, and the forum was originally for peer-testing novel approaches and methods, would be nice to nudge it back that way. :+1:

9 Likes

Lol! In my early teens there was a period I experienced it almost nightly. Until I found a way to break out of it.

3 Likes

Tmw, I’m so happy winter has come. :snowflake:

3 Likes

Happened to me too! :+1:

I posted about it here and updated with a reply about some of them becoming able to know things I don’t (consciously, anyway): Creating A "Cabinet Of Invisible Counselors"

Have to say I mostly steer clear of working with any living persons now, for various reasons.

Worked out well for Osiris. :+1:

(Including the patched-back-together-for-sex part! :laughing:)

3 Likes