That Moment When 5: It's dead Jim

Apple Jack might be up your alley then

Don’t like Jack, prefer Jim Beam. And I’ve had Beam Apple, and it was okay.

So you would know, does a fermented alcohol made from pears, cherries, and oranges at something around 100 proof sound good?

Was wondering why you didn’t randomly disappear for a minute there…
(forgot the name of a certain Freakazoid meme villain)

1 Like

Well, what I was referring to was an old colonial drink made by freezing and thawing hard apple cider to remove the water until it becomes a strong liquor. Don’t know why they called it Jack though

2 Likes

Oh, that sounds pretty awesome. But seems like a lot of work, just add more sugar to the cider when you make it and let it ferment a bit longer.

1 Like

Lol tablet froze

1 Like

That could work

2 Likes

Well I happen to like these cheap junk cigars and have never really liked any of the better more expensive ones. I have tried many. Even had a $100 one once. I like pipe tobacco better than cigar tobacco anyway. I would carry a pipe with me everywhere but these are more convenient.

I still want to try the 100 proof pear/cherry/orange booze though.

1 Like

Sounds like Kilju :thinking:

1 Like

What did you not like about the real cigars? I know pipe tobacco is often sweeter than cigar tobacco, but if you tried a double maduro wrapped cigar or something, it isn’t a good thing to try when you are first getting into cigars.

1 Like

The idea was 100 proof because it’s strong enough to have fun but not so strong that the fun ends too quickly.

2 Likes

I always use the Obstler for making medicinal herb tinctures. XD

Right, although I would recommend finding someone who could teach you how to distill. There is a point where the yeast will actually die from the alcohol ( I think around 20%). I like the freezing method as you are not producing methanol, which is what can blind or kill you if you do not know how to distill properly.

1 Like

Im not really into fermented tobacco all cigars at least good ones are all fermented. Don’t care for that rotten tobacco taste. I prefer a spicy yet fresher flavor. The best for me would be a really good pipe tobacco not one of those main stream hasish stile ones but like i said these are more convenient than carrying a pipe and tobacco bag with a tamping tool. Im also not new to tobacco been a smoker for over 20years.

Smoke what you like my friend. Al Capones aren’t exactly top shelf stuff either, and yet I’ll indulge when I am in the mood. I have a churchwarden pipe so I completely get where you are coming from as far as convenience

2 Likes

Ahhh. So I guess this is something that just needs pushing th r ough.
My daughter reminded me that Claunecek said “t that prefer to speak to (with) Morgana because she knows how to be quiet… that dose t mean subservient…”

This is our “constcts” a ss h e called us

1 Like

Perhaps so. I have an idea I am working with. I have one idea for a title but it sounds too close to “book of the damned” so I may cut it. “Liber Extorris”, translated to “Book of the Exiled”. Essentially, a book revolving around rituals I have used to rise from the broken person I was, thrown out from everything I knew and left to die, to the stronger person I am.

2 Likes

Is this still going?