That Moment When 5: It's dead Jim

I will have to try those. My indulge has been mainly wine and vanilla pipe tobacco I flavored myself as of late. I am one of those smokers that can smoke cigarettes, pipes or cigars depending on my mood.

But I will say I have a small guilty pleasure for Rum Al Capones as well

2 Likes

Smoked Cohibas, Montercristo’s and Romeo Y Julietas in the past (of the cuban brands) Cohibas are best, RYJ’s are pretty good and Montecristo’s are…not bad.
Cuban’s not really a sign of quality though, there’s plenty of shitty ones that come from there, and plenty of good brands outside. Had a box of pretty good nicaraguan cigars for half the price of what I would have to pay for a known cuban brand. Sadly cant remember the name anymore…

2 Likes

Very good point.

2 Likes

And some Dominican cigars get their tobacco from Cuban seeds. It’s all about the brand.

I’ve never had any issues with Macanudo or Punch, and CAO is usually good, although sometimes they have a stiff draw and issues where they go out sometimes.

1 Like

My favorite thus far has been Cohiba’s…club cigar I think. Almost the length of a regular cigar but slimmer. Actually had time to smoke those, yet the taste and experience was otherwise pretty much the same as a regular cohiba cigar

1 Like

I dont like smoking, but at least your final street will be asphalted. :woman_shrugging:

I think my favorite that I’ve had would be the CAO MX2 Belicosa, although it’s a two hour smoke. But for just quick smokes, I get Macanudo, they have some nice small 20 minute cigars that you can get in 10 packs, and some bigger ones that come in a metal tin of 8 that are 30 minute smokes.

1 Like

I think the Cohiba clubs came in a box of 25. :thinking: Nice 20-30 min smoke if I remember correctly.

1 Like

Well, the Macanudos I was talking about, I can get them at the tobacco store in town, the smaller ones are like $15 for the box of 10. The nicer ones in the tin are like $20.

The ones that are in the box of ten are about the same size as a cigarette, but not terrible.

1 Like

They don’t put tar or any of that bullshit that they put in Cigarettes in Cigars. Just pure tobacco and a nice natural wrapping.

2 Likes

I keep waiting until I’m good enough to follow through- this human construct that is me also but Morgana fosrnt pussy foot around she just stands up and dose.
Perks th is quirk of mine is what bothers / affects you also?

2 Likes

If you gentlemen are into pipe smoking, here is how I flavored the tobacco.

Take your tobacco blend (I prefer a mix of Carolina Burley, Virginia Burley and onyx tobacoo) and put it in a jar. Add a few drops of vanilla extract into the blend as well as the inside lid of the jar (or you can crush a vanilla bean and rub it into the lid before dropping it in). Add an oxygen absorber packet and seal, leaving to sit for a few days. I will also add Nicotina Rustia (in very, very small amounts) if it is for ritual use

2 Likes

Hmm that doesn’t sound that bad!

Never done anything with pipes, but it would be cool. That said, I like the ease of a Cigar.

2 Likes

Yes, definitely so.

1 Like

I think the box I bought was 40 € or so, from a spanish airport :thinking: Been 7-8 years though. These days I mostly smoke al capone’s or small RYJ’s

1 Like

Good cigars are pretty nice. It’s not really a nicotine thing unless you smoke fat ones every day.

1 Like

I tried cigars a few times, but it’s not for me. But well, everyone has their weakness. And mine is wine :grimacing:

3 Likes

I can’t do wine or beer, but I’m a sucker for a good mixed drink. Vodka tonic has been my drink of choice lately tbh. And I’m thinking about fermenting my own alcohol. Thinking pears, cherries, and oranges, fermented until it’s stupidly strong.

1 Like

Did beer and wine several years ago. Tasted good and got me drunk admirably…but there was a minor issue of guests that tried more than a glass getting way too drunk in a rather short amount of time

1 Like