Teach me the meaning of this magic method

I’m not a native English speaker and I don’t understand this.

I’m reading E.A. koetting Love Magick and I don’t know what it means.

“Relax your body, mind, and heart, sinking into the pentagram portal, allowing the scene to disappear and reappear from your sight in portions until the whole thing shimmers.”

I don’t understand the whole thing, but especially what ‘portal’ means here​:joy::joy:

Sounds like you are opening a gate done in ink on paper. You gaze at it until the lines on the paper shimmer similar to opening a sigil. A portal is a doorway to another location, in this case an astral one, so once it starts flashing, you can, in your mind, go through it to see what’s on the other side, or, things from that side can come through.

1 Like

I’ve got the book, I’ll check it when I get home and see if I can help. Which ritual is it, and what page is it on?

33p Asmodeus true love spell

Thanks !!

it sounds like hes asking you to open the sigil. You should have an image on a page which is the sigil. You have to open it.

It doesn’t tell me how to open the sigils, can you tell me?
:smiling_face_with_tear::smiling_face_with_tear:

2 Likes

Thanks

“Consecrate each of the white candles with the words:”

What do you do in a situation where you have a statement like the one above that immediately follows?

This ritual uses red, white, and black candles, and each of them is already fixed and lit before that step.

Reciting the sentence is one thing, but how do you specifically bless only white candles in that state?

The magickal world is so hard😭

Alright, as everyone else said this is asking you to open a sigil, but not just the sigil the whole setup as well. Learn how to do that from the tutorial @Mulberry shared. After learning that, the book has book has more specific instructions for this rite.

Gaze at the whole pentagram, the candles, the stones, and the sigil, as if the whole visage is one sigil.

So gaze at the full ritual and don’t focus on anything specific. Then using what you learned about opening sigils, open the whole ritual as a sigil.

This part is just further instructions on opening the ritual. Just relax and let go. Relax any tension in your body, let go of the things that are on your mind, and let your emotions calm down.

Sinking into the pentagram portal. The opening of the ritual might cause some sensations or have an effect on your mind. If you get such effects don’t push them away or try to magnify them, just allow yourself to feel them fully, aka sink into them.

Allowing the scene to disappear and reappear. After looking at the tutorial for opening sigils and practicing it you’ll see that this is a normal part of opening a sigil.

So the idea here is that when you open a sigil it becomes a gateway/portal to the spirit of that sigil. You can send your request through to them and they can send energy back through to make the manifestation happen. In evocation you can call their presence to come to your side of the gateway, or in soul travel you can go their side. So in this context portal means a doorway.

I’d say just intend to concentrate a white candle and put your full focus on it. I’d personally also hold my right hand above the candle I want to consecrate .

1 Like

Thank you so much for your kind response.

What you said makes so much sense.

I have a couple more questions: when blessing the white candles, do you have to say the incantation for each candle or do you do the whole candle at once?

I guess you could say this is my first spell book, but is it hard to successfully complete this ritual at my level?

“Turn your attention fully to the sigil in the center of the pentagram, and begin to pull the spirit of Asmoday from the ether above and around you down towards his seal, and push his body into materialization in the incense smoke.” Is utilizing the ether in this description just a symbolic gesture or does it require an actual ability?

I’m glad we have the same book and I won’t be bothering you too often, so if there’s anything I don’t understand, do you mind if I ask you privately?

1 Like

Just hover your hand over the each white candle in turn and use the words.

Well a lot of ceremonial magick overcomplicates the fuck out of it in my opinion, and unnecessarily so most of the time.

The base premise is that where you place your ATTENTION is where the energy goes, and where you put your INTENTION is what it does when it gets there… everything else is a lot of dancing around in ways to get your attention and intention set into patterns that will change the energy of the world as you want, and make it fun and interesting as that keeps your attention focused, and hence you get manifestation of what you intended.

You do what works to “get your juices flowing” as I call it, and if that means enchanting candles that’s one of many ways. You do what works for you and if it works keep doing it, but you have to try a few ways to find out what that is, usually.

1 Like

Honestly when I was reading it I had the same question. My best guess is that you consecrate one candle at a time. My reasoning is that the incantation uses singular nouns i.e. “Creature of fire, creature of flame” instead of plural.

Also since this is a larger ritual that is only meant to be done once, and if things go well you’ll only do it once in your entire life, you might as well take the extra time.

I think as long as you take the whole ritual seriously and don’t try to half ass any part of it, it will work. Also you need to trust that the ritual will bring you true love, and trust in your own power to make the ritual work, also trust your intuition as you draw Asmoday’s presence.

Part of the ritual seems like an evocation which makes me think it is too advanced, but it also doesn’t seem to require two-way communication so I think you can get by with your normal intuition as long as you trust yourself.

I think the ether in this context is just the empty space around you. So id say it is symbolic.

I don’t mind at all.

1 Like

The purpose of the forum is to share experiences and help each other. This thread seems to be more of a FAQ about the ritual itself than a personal discussion.

If you have these questions and the person who has answered you so far has had them as well, then chances are someone else does or will and moving to DMs a) cuts off others from contributing in the future and b) removes their ability to benefit from the thread.

1 Like

I think this text does sound a bit confusing and I think of it as merely “noticing” that what is described is happening. I personally don’t do any pulling or pushing with my mind, I do not act on the entity at all, and this may just be how the author senses it.

Stay relaxed and do not tense as that restricts energy flow, be confident and KNOW that the entity is present. It may or may not manifest patterns in the smoke and that’s ok, focus on the feeling of him being present.

Remember how you you get that you are being watched, or know when a room feels empty or as if someone is with you without having to look? That feeling of presence is what you’re waiting for.
If you work on that, getting the manifestation base to look cool is, in my mind, nice to have but not a necessity…

1 Like

Your explanation makes a lot more sense. Thank you.:wink::wink::wink:

1 Like