Step by Step Learning Path of Magic

Hi
I’ve read some books, tutorials, etc but without a solid and consistent courses thus I’m so confused. So please give me a step by step roadmap and program to learn magic from zero level from total beginner level.

1 Like

No one has the time or inclination to give you a “step by step roadmap” with no effort of your own. There is plenty of information available on this forum to answer any question you may have. Just use the search function and type in what you’re looking for. If you want to learn to evoke spirits, for example, then search up “evocation guide.” Or invest in one of the BALG video courses.

2 Likes

Thanks. You’re right. It needs effort, right. But I don’t know how and from where to start and what is the next step. I just want to know something like that. For example we might tell someone to go to primary school and learn abc and then got to the next school and then learn xyz.

1 Like

As I said, try using the search function:

2 Likes

Effort is meaningless without proper instruction. There are a lot of books that offer step-by-step magick lessons.

• Modern Magick by Donald Michael Kraig: A 12 month course that teaches everything you need to know about magick(witchcraft, kabbalah, chaos magick, and more). This is what I’m doing right now. This book is very popular and a lot of people had success with it. I believe every beginner should start with this.
  • Initiation into the Hermetics
  • Kabbalah, Magic & the Great Work of Self Transformation
  • High Magick I and High Magick II by Frater UD
  • The One Year Manual: Twelve Steps to Spiritual Enlightenment
3 Likes

Here
https://web.archive.org/web/20041028191820/http://www.spiritonline.com/files/messages/9/31.html?0
It’s Wiccan oriented, mostly the “Ethics” part but not bad as a possible reference.

2 Likes

Thanks buddies, I’ll check them.

1 Like

Type in beginning or for beginners it will give you enough thats what i did

2 Likes

This is simple. What do you want? A person? More sex? More money? To get rid of a disease? Revenge? To destroy a competitor? Lose 50 pounds? Help a loved one out of a jam? Get/pay an ex back? Get a job?

Figure that out, then search the forum. Baptism by fire/ Baptism by desire… whatever. You’ll figure it out…good luck!

2 Likes

Every culture has magick, so to learn magic from zero level from total beginner level I think first you want to pick one culture, maybe even one book, and stick with that, worth through it until you know you want to look at the next thing.

E.A. Koetting (one of the owners of this forum) actually did 2 soup to nuts courses and related books for exactly this: for what we call western occultism, which is loosely based in Kabbalisic/Solominic magick with a lot of the fluff taken out and useful tools from other cultures included. I recommend both of them but pick hte one you feel more drawn to or can afford.

1. First the book Ordo Ascensum Aetrynalis. Which means, Order of Eternal Ascension. This is the book of E.A.'s original mail order course before the forum and youtube existed.
    Nobody gets to the complete this book, it’s a lifetime of practice, and if you’re self driven and curious, it’s perfect and compact. Each lesson has you going off for possibly week and months of exploration. It’s not for those that like hand holding.

2. The Black Magick course is more money but has video lessons and a workbook that make it more accessible to people who learn that way, and is more results focused than general theory focused. Black Magick: Left Hand Path | E.A. Koetting | Become A Living God

3. For lots of info this forum has a homegrown Getting Started Guide, which is also quite large this link takes you to the post in the pinned Notables thread that has it:
    PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING: Getting Started Guide, RULES, Notables, Tutorials and References - #4 by Mulberry

3 Likes

:pray: :+1:

Read Postmodern Magick by Patrick Dunn. Its simple, understandable, and complete.

No BUT it is dangerous to do magic without knowing what you’re doing. It can attract parasites and negative entities. Having read the suggestions I think go with @Mulberry ’s suggestion, @DarkestKnight ‘s suggestion or @fapa79 ‘s suggestion for a starting point.

As a side note you are smart asking for suggestions on a starting point. Unfortunately magic is partly self serve. Someone can name a book or website or video but you got to do the legwork and then do the magic yourself. I will give you this advice free even though I can’t point you to any good beginner magician material that hasn’t already been suggested by the aforementioned forum members. It’s this, whatever you do, do not imitate Hollywood when trying to do magick and don’t do magic without any instructional starting point (doing that got me into trouble and got me a parasitic possession experience that almost kil-d
me). Don’t expect a magical tutor though, magicians have real lives and the real ones are either too expensive to hire as tutors and the rest are fake cons artists who’d take your money and give you bs or stall you’ll pretending it’s cuz you aren’t ready. Just look up the suggested resources and pick whichever resonated with you then work the rituals using the recommend protections like lhbr.

3 Likes

Quareia, google it, they give a free step by step course with exercices

1 Like

It may seem confusing, but I have found that reading books and tutorials helps not only figure out what to do but also to figure out what road I want to take. Part of the problem is that no one can tell you what you want. Some people want money or sex. If that doesn’t resonate with you, then set it aside and keep looking at what’s out there. When I find something that is appealing (for example, I feel a strong pull to tarot), then I spend more time with that. It has been a process of trying to find what speaks to me and to weed out things that I don’t need. While you are working on figuring out what you want/where you want to go, work on meditation and visualization. They are both used a lot, and when you figure out what you want, you’ll be more prepared if you have meditation and visualization skills.

search, than trial and error… that simple