Spontaneous movement of inanimate objects

Has anyone experienced the spontaneous movement of inanimate objects during an evocation?

To cut a long story short, yes. Also after evocation, especially when not banishing.

Examples: Lamps going on and off, a lamp moving behind me. Items disappearing and reappearing.
There are at least 2 Magicians about whom I recently learnt who experienced the same or similar events. One of them is Jason S. Black, who had his whole altar move “by itself” during evocation. Another interesting thing that happened was a pidgeon crashed through his condo’s window during evocation after he asked for a sign…

oh and it landed right on the sigil he had opened. According to his account of the event.

Once while asking myself how I would improve my efforts in the black mirror, a gust of wind suddenly blew a folded piece of paper off the window sill and in a spiral above me until it landed into my left hand, between my thumb and index finger, as if I had grasped it. When I opened it, I discovered it was the seal of Sastan, which I had drawn and left there a few weeks earlier.

I PM’d ya Bella.

Cool story Student Of The Goetia.

Did you immediately pick up scrying and did it improve soon?

I’ve only had minor things, like the candle flame going from still to moving erratically after I mentally asked a question (with the windows closed and my face far from it) and my lightbulbs getting overloaded and frying on a regular basis (only happens when I do rituals, Like it could be fine for weeks and then poof! Do a few more rituals even with a longer waiting period, poof! Do nothing and let it sit for a few more weeks, perfectly fine… cute, but expensive at times!)

Same as nue, during my evocations the candles usually start flickering, which is a good sign. As a teenager I did experience a frighting night during an ouija seance (yeah didn’t have any clue on evocations at that time). Suddenly the music we put on stopped, the mirror flew off the wall and my ghettoblaster exploded starting a fire in my living room. As I didn’t evoke a specific entitity it probably was a wandering low level entity trying to scare the shit out of us.

But with all the rituals I performed later on using a circle and the LBRP this has never happened, always felt in complete control of the situation. Now I must say I only evoke spirits, elementals and angels. I have never evoked any demons.

Also had lamps going on and off when I walk under, and fires doing strange things when I stare at them.

Back when I was a new ager, I used to sing the names of deities for fun and one day I sang Innana’s name. Two nights later, she appears. I was half asleep and shocked to see a woman standing above me in a construct of white light which only revealed her outline. I closed my eyes and pretended it was a dream, then my bag fell off the shelf and hit the ground. My bag was leaning against the wall and it was impossible for it to move as it did. Then she left.

I evoked a succubus for a working and it seemed she was still lingering, because I dropped a bottle on the ground (I used it in the working) and it began to move back and forth. My friend who isn’t into magic couldn’t take his eyes off it, nor could I until I picked it up.

In my experience female spirits can more easily manipulate the physical world and move objects.

Had the incense smoke change direction and flow towards me despite doing the ritual in an open space in a more or less windy day. Simply put the smoke first flowed upwards despite the direction of the wind, which was strong enough to shake palm tree tops.

Then as I finished reciting the demonic enn for the ninth time? It shifted towards me and flowed in such a gentle manner it would suggest affection. Man, was I glad to see someone happy to see me besides the dogs!

And… After I was done? I usually leave the area “opened” to the spirits involved for a few hours and close it before going to sleep, so they can enjoy their offerings and such.

I guess I must’ve forgotten, because I had knocks around the house for most part of the night, and when I turned on the lights and asked the spirit to stop mucking about, my PS3 controller was slowly and theatrically dragged across the table.

Mind you, the controller itself has a vibration mode and all, but it moved on its own for about 10-20 cms, all while being physically separated from the console, which in turn was unplugged.

Seriously, dear spirits, don’t mess with a man’s entertaining system. You are not aware how mad I’d get if I found it inoperative, or if you messed my saved games D: Seriously.

This has happened to me since I was a child and still to this day though it is now more electronics going crazy. Computers flipping out, lights turning off on their own, cell phone fried, entire file folders dealing with the occult deleting themselves before my eyes (happened 4 times, I was getting seriously pissed!), radio dial turning on its own on an old analog radio, doors opening, etc…

I have always taken it as something reminding me that it’s still around.

Man did that pissed me off about the files!!!

hmm… i seem to have stuff happening randomly all the time, sometimes with evocation & sometimes just asking a random question in my head on a tuesday afternoon & sometimes not even asking anything consciously at all. whats the difference then between an event & a sign? recently i was wondering about something & received an answer from the tv - judge judy to be precise!

IMO it’s whether they work, this stuff’s far too fluid to be pinned down to “this type of thing is definitely a sign but this type isn’t” - keep a log (tedious but necessary) of each one and whether it subsequently came in useful or was accurate. Go back over the log every month or so and make notes on how the events played out.

If they’re hit and miss, see which ones are relevent to you - it could be something uniquely personal, or something that has a lot of lore and superstition.

must admit i always go by intuition… that means something… that doesnt.

IMO it’s whether they work, this stuff’s far too fluid to be pinned down to “this type of thing is definitely a sign but this type isn’t”[/quote]

I don’t know about that… I would say a bird crashing through my window and landing on a sigil is definitely a sign.

Thanks to all for sharing your experiences.

After getting over the initial surprise (read freak-out), at the repeated experience of the spontaneous movement of inanimate objects during an evocation, I’ve been experimenting with taking control and directing the movement in accordance to my will.

EA, perhaps you might include something about this in the Black Magick course?

Not during evocation, but in general, I experienced poltergeist activity, and I believe it was Stage 1 of being possessed. I see it a little deeper than stage 1 maybe stage 2 or stage 1.5, but somewhere around the earlier stages of possession it can happen. After googling the subject reading anything I can on the subject and watching every youtube video I could find on the subject (something that is a natural thing to do once you’ve experienced it) I came to the conclusion youtube is 99% BS, and there is little on the subject that can be googled without it being a sarcastic reference to the movie by Spielberg. They’re rebooting the poltergeist movie so look out for more sarcastic comments discrediting the very real phenomenon.

What happened to me is I was haunted by a poltergeist for quite a while, I sensed the energy of the spirit, it frequently went through me, not full possession just went through me as if to gauge my compatibility with itself, that’s just a guess but seems to be what it was doing. It had a fairly weak energy signature and I’d consider it an imp by that but it had for some reason or another a very strong ability to move physical objects. It moved everything in my room that was at most the weight of a bottle of water (in the space of many months), it moved at least 10 objects a day, we’re talking extreme activity, some while I tried to sleep, some in broad daylight while I watched.

It’s almost as if it was trying to get my attention, trying to evoke me. To this day I don’t know what caused it, if the room was a natural vortex to it’s world or if my roomate possibly evoked it, my roomate I didn’t know well, only talked to him a few times but he seemed big into angels and demons, he said he wrote Stephen King type books on angels and demons and possibly left out the fact that he was evoking them for his books, I don’t know but either way he said he didn’t experience any poltergeist activity, so it was isolated to my room. I moved out and haven’t experienced it since.

I’m glad E.A. mentioned it in one of his vids, that he did experience it here and there.

I’ve had a few minor experiences of this phenomenon.

I have noticed that every single time that I give any spirit or entity license to depart that aside from the subjective experience of having this presence being lifted that the house always makes this odd creaking. I wrote it off the first time as coincidence but it kept happening right on the dot regardless of what time of day it is that I evoke and end the ritual.

I notice that if I evoke a particular spirit that is inclined towards a specific cardinal point that the incense and candle flame tends to go in that direction and of course the spirit is talking from that direction. If I am still talking to the spirit while not facing him/her in that prefered direction there have been random things falling down from that side of the room until I rearrange everything and myself to face that direction.

I think it’s been mentioned in this thread but E.A. has talked about the experience of evoking a spirit in one room while somebody is sleeping in another room, probably not even initiated into the occult, experiences loud noises that eventually leads them to E.A.'s door to complain. I had a similar thing happen once or twice in HS when I was living with my parents.

[quote=“Dagon, post:16, topic:4460”]I’ve had a few minor experiences of this phenomenon.

I have noticed that every single time that I give any spirit or entity license to depart that aside from the subjective experience of having this presence being lifted that the house always makes this odd creaking. I wrote it off the first time as coincidence but it kept happening right on the dot regardless of what time of day it is that I evoke and end the ritual.

I notice that if I evoke a particular spirit that is inclined towards a specific cardinal point that the incense and candle flame tends to go in that direction and of course the spirit is talking from that direction. If I am still talking to the spirit while not facing him/her in that prefered direction there have been random things falling down from that side of the room until I rearrange everything and myself to face that direction.

I think it’s been mentioned in this thread but E.A. has talked about the experience of evoking a spirit in one room while somebody is sleeping in another room, probably not even initiated into the occult, experiences loud noises that eventually leads them to E.A.‘s door to complain. I had a similar thing happen once or twice in HS when I was living with my parents.[/quote]’

Cool that you noticed. Most people don’t notice. But, spirits creak houses all the time. It’s hard to know if it’s a natural creak or a spirit-induced creak, until you know that’s the spirit’s favorite spot for example, or as you picked up, it’s favorite time to creak. It’s almost as if house walls are easy to be creaked by spirits so they use the effect for those that notice. I’ve experienced many spirits, and the house wall creaking ones are very common if you know what to listen for. It’s a perfect cover though, for the non-believer, they’d never believe it was spirit related.

IMO it’s whether they work, this stuff’s far too fluid to be pinned down to “this type of thing is definitely a sign but this type isn’t”[/quote]

I don’t know about that… I would say a bird crashing through my window and landing on a sigil is definitely a sign.[/quote]
Yup

This happens all the time with spirits I have seated in statues. Certain ones will change how they stand, how they look at you, move closer to their alcohol lol. It’s nothing out of the ordinary. They may not have physical bodies the same as us, but they have enough strength to move where they need to (like their liquor bottle haha)

My image of the goddess Hathor moves a lot, usually so her back is to the west on the compass rather than my inaccurate orientation.