Spirit Vs Soul

I don’t even know how to refer to them anymore, brother. I was using “spirit” just to see how Op and defective would classify them.

We can call them aliens like JoS does ;). Aliens’ a pretty modern term!

3 Likes

I usually use entities personally, brother. Just feels right to me, as that can describe pretty much anything from space aliens to JoS aliens.

But I do agree, its hard to know what term to call them. Beings is another I’ve used as its neutral.

3 Likes

That’s partially true,
They do need it to survive!
Else they’d just reside in our collective unconsciousness, and even then they’d need something, like memories or thoughts about them, else they’d poof out of existence.

Only Anthropomorphic Personifications don’t need attention in the traditional way, because of the fact that they embody abstracts!

Yes, you did not need it, but egregores, who are like dream characters (universe being the dream of the soul) need it!!
You don’t need worship either, but that too would make you feel better and powerful.

You are right, whatever the kind of being one is,
One should be respected if they deserve it.

I call them egregores to remind myself and to them, who the real boss (god) is. Puny mortals huh??

They don’t think highly of humanity,
And I don’t think highly of them.

The difference is,
Our thoughts matter.

2 Likes

@DefectiveSoul Again, you are making claims with NO EXPERIENCE to back them up. You yourself have admitted that you haven’t evoked a single entity. Come on, this is just unsubstantiated dogma that you are presenting as absolute Truth without having evoked a single entity.

6 Likes

Don’t you think you are assuming a little way too much?!?!?

When did I ever say such a thing?!?!?
I have shared my experiences on this forum (and some I don’t wish to)

And again you assume magic(some ritual) is the only way to have an experience.

In fact, (Even EA said this), when you do the evocation, the worst thing to do is to think it did not work as then you have that force, uncontrolled, doing shit.

Whatever you say,
I find this ironic.

Anyways this isn’t about me,
I just mind my own business now on this forum.
No replies!!

1 Like

@DefectiveSoul I am not assuming anything. Only repeating your own words back at you.

5 Likes

And that means I have no experience in life with the supernatural, spirits, etc???

Cool!

1 Like

@DefectiveSoul So, if you have no experience with magick why are you making dogmatic claims about it and presenting them as absolute Truth? You have stated in other threads that what you say is the truth and you haven’t practiced magick by your own admission.

4 Likes

I am with @TheStorm on this one. If you haven’t evoked or spoken to a single entity, you can’t make claims about them. Period.

Also, the collective unconscious doesn’t exist. It’s a BS theory that has no evidence to back it up. It’s accepted by most “scientific minded” people because a popular person coined the term - Carl Jung.

6 Likes

@Baal

As always, have you tried to go there? I am not entirely sure it doesn’t exist because I think I might have dropped into it a few times. That is not a claim as to the existence or lack of existence of the Collective Unconcious just that I have my doubts about it’s nonexistence.

4 Likes

Bah,
I am too cool for school.

I said I won’t ever discuss anything on this forum and just mind my own business.

Bye.

I have. It’s my OWN unconscious. The symbols there are meaningful to me. Other people interpret symbols from their unconscious differently. There’s no such thing as “collective unconscious.” Sure, there may be overlaps, but it’s ultimately different.

Also, not all people function the same way.

3 Likes

@Baal How do you explain being able to walk into someone else’s dream then? I am genuinely curious.

3 Likes

The same way I would explain soul travel or evocation. But that’s not proof of an unconscious that we all share and that everything’s the same.

Let’s take archetypes for example. One person could have Satan as the archetypical devil and evildoer in their unconscious, whereas I would have a liberator. And the first person will never experience Satan as a liberator because he does not have that idea in his unconscious.

We don’t share the same symbols, same archetypes, etc. That’s my argument vs collective unconscious.

2 Likes

@Baal I mean, personally, I’ve come to accept the astral as a real place and that we really do travel there in our dreams. Same with you or do you have a different explanation?

1 Like

Oh sure I believe in the astral realm, but I don’t think it’s the same as collective unconscious.

The collective unconscious really is a perversion of the idea of an astral realm.

2 Likes

I am curious as to why the complete shutdown in place of sharing experiences that led you to have the mental paradigm of all outside of self is false(egregors) as alot of what you post revolves around this concept but other than what looks like theories wrapped in this idea i havent got a clue where you are coming from.

7 Likes

That I agree with. I was never saying that the New Age version of the “collective unconscious” was a thing. Just that there does seem to be a realm that we all do share in dreams etc.

4 Likes

Yep, that’s why I used them as an example. The New Agers love to neglect the darker side of things and over emphasize the “positive.”

Kind of like Asatru romanticize Odin so much, when he was a fickle, traitorous, deceptive figure.

5 Likes

Lmao is it bad my brain extended this to the old ones… And the memes already exist. :rofl:

images (1)images (23)

5 Likes