Spirit Families - Shamanism

Does anyone have any tips for raising a spirit family.

By this I mean a spouse and children in the astral realm.

I have felt drawn to this type of situation for years, but I did not understand it until last year. Last year when I found out I was a natural born Shaman.

I began to research and I guess this is something that at least some shamans do.

They need to be fully focused on their spiritual work, hence the celibacy.

But many of them have spiritual spouses and children even, that help them in their work.

Have any of you experienced this? I began my own family last winter. And I would love to meet someone else who has a family like this.

Thank you for reading, everyone!

Blessed be xx
~Aura

1 Like

I have traced my family roots and I know that part of my family was from a tribe here in South America that practiced Shamanism and tribal spiritual traditions.

I have been drawn towards Shamanism too since I was a kid and discovering this fact about myself just increased the desire. Sadly, I cannot give you any other advice.

Either way, I’m planning on traveling to a certain place in South America to experience an Ayahuasca trip. You might want to travel and do the same if you wish or use other substances to communicate to the spritis related to Shamanism

3 Likes

Thank you so much for your input :slight_smile:

When I lived in a group home under the care of Social Services, there were two Native (Cree specifically) kids there and they had a right to learn about their history so an elder came in to teach them and do crafts with them, I also joined because why not. But she told me that Shamans were twin-spirited which meant that they were either gay or bisexual, and they were capable of bringing both a masculine and feminine perspective to things. They also, in addition to physical spouses had spiritual spouses.

Thought I’d throw that in there.

5 Likes

My spirit spouse is a woman… and so am I :stuck_out_tongue:

I have known I was a lesbian since my first ever crush- which just so happened to be my childhood best friend.

Thanks so much for sharing! I did not know this was common.

Blessed be xx
~Aura

2 Likes

Hey can you explain more about the shamans being bisexual? Lol

Now I was born into a long line of medicine men and not one of them were gay or bisexual in any way and neither am I. So I’d like to differ with your perspective on that a medicine man or “shaman” is gay and or bisexual. You don’t need to be either to have the ability to use both sides of the same coin so to speak. This is just another perspective on shamanism as a whole. Not all people practice their paths the same way or walk them the same.

If shamanism requires celibacy then count me the hell out of this. Sexuality is completely spiritual, hence tantric practices.

I am not a natural born shaman but I do feel I understand the points brought up here. Shamanism as a whole is a very old and wide practice that many different cultures practiced through out time. So there is naturally different practices, beliefs and traditions.

As for the whole spirit family I am very familiar with it. I am not a 100% if I have a full blow family in spirit (spouse kids ect) but I do practice and have had a deep belief of being married to a spirit since I can remember. Because of this however I do in a way practice celibacy by not being with a physical person. So I focus this energy into my practice and spouse and not just using it as most do in a physical relationship. So really it’s not fully celibacy as in no sex at all, just not in the same sense as a Buddhist monk (in some traditions) would choose to not act at all on those urges or desires.

What I can tell you about this topic on spirit family unfortunately is minimal. (As I’m mostly focused on other things at this time along with my relationship with my spouse.) I have yet to have to much interaction with my own spouse on the astral, but I do know there are those that had kids and spouses such as Lady Eva (who apparently is no longer with us….) But there is others as well that I’m sure would love to chime in.