Spirit Evocation in Virtual Reality

I have used Unreal Engine to build an Alexandrian type temple in VR, with everything I could ever want for a true to antiquity spirit evocation experience. I’ve performed my rituals in the space, and it is fascinatingly powerful, especially with the music and sounds. I am thinking about creating a Greek temple environment as well. Is this something people are interested in trying out? Let me know your thoughts.

13 Likes

I don’t have a VR but I am interested in the process! How does it work? Do you need to huck it to a PC or can it run solo?
I do wanna get one in the future but I don’t wanna get something that I am unable to use…

2 Likes

Sounds fascinating. I’ve just started playing Journey of The Gods today in VR and it struck me how magically accurate it actually was in many ways. I think you’re on to something there. You should probably make it in a way that anyone can access it from a web browser and just switch to VR mode from there. It is pretty hard to get accepted into any of the official stores.

1 Like

Personally I thought about, indeed, building a temple with for example Anim8or or Blender, as well as 3D sigils BTW yes, definitely interesting.

2 Likes

I use an Oculus Rift right now, so unfortunately there are wires, but I am going to get an Oculus Quest 2 to go wireless.

2 Likes

Good idea, yeah I know there are web frameworks for VR that would be compatible.

I am working on creating the Goetic seals right now, they’re going to be made of the metals associated with each spirit.

4 Likes

Yes, I have an Oculus Quest 2 actually (and an older Oculus Go), the advantage of the Quest 2 is that you can hook it up to your gaming PC wirelessly via virtual desktop, so you can enjoy the same games you already own for the Rift without wires. The Guardian system, which stops you from bumping into obstacles and walls works pretty well too. Developing for Web VR is better, like I said, because you don’t need to get into an official store, all you need is a website that anyone can access.

Ever since I got my Go, 2 years ago, I saw the potential of VR for things like meditation and rituals, but there is still some way to go to make this into reality.

2 Likes

If it’s a polished product, I think the store will take it if it’s introduced properly. But then you have to give them a cut if you’re interested in profit. I will probably have to develop it with a VR web framework and launch it indy though yeah. It’s really cool, I don’t care about money, it’s just amazing to look around and be in a giant temple by yourself, hear the random whispers, and ritual music while performing the working. I’m working on making it voice activated to get special animations to trigger, and sigils to be created as you call the spirit.

3 Likes

There was a experiment I wanted to do with building a temple virtually either by means of MC (which was shitty since too many limits) or any other possibility but I couldn’t find any other way lol.

2 Likes

Yeah I’m a software engineer with a lot of experience with 3D development, so when I’m not working, I’m experimenting with things, my other passion is High Magick, so I put time into it. There are limitless possibilities with VR, and I hope we as a community can start talking about it more.

4 Likes

That’s pretty amazing, if I had the skills I would def make one for myself lol

1 Like

I’m working on it, so when I get a version that’s accessible to others I’ll make it freely available.

4 Likes

Would an entity be able to manifest in virtual reality/game ?

The spirit uses your imagination as the vehicle for manifestation. I always face the demons corresponding direction, and my ability to see them, especially Seere is just as strong as without VR. The VR temple, music, sounds helps change your brain activity to allow the spirit to come through. It’s all about you allowing the spirit to override your senses to be able to see, in or out of VR.

4 Likes

They can manifest within your mentalscape which in turn affects what you perceive so you can perceive them even in VR they don’t actually have to be there but they’d be within your mentalspace. It’s also how thoughtforms make themselves appear outside of the astral/mental by manipulating your mentalspace/perception.

4 Likes

Very very interesting I have a reverb G2 just got it and I want to develop a little space in it so I can do rituals

New to VR I have Brush Tilt by Google and have been building the sigil for angels and demons in it. It’s pretty fun. How do I build my on temple space?

1 Like

I actually made a thread about this after hearing EA saying something about this. So does the spirit evocation happen within this VR? If it does have you successfully done it? Or does it just help you to get somewhere like astral projecting yourself? Really interested.

1 Like

Uneal Engine