Spirit boxes, are they dangerous?

I just got a spirit box radio for a good amount of money. Been reading and some are saying they are dangerous, is it reall so?

1 Like

I’ve been working with the box for a while, but I had a simple option - a tape recorder + a voice recorder to record responses from the white noise of radio stations. I won’t say it was dangerous, but sometimes the wrong spirits came in contact with whom I planned to talk. They can threaten, just be strict and persistent and use defenses. I’m not sure what harm they can do, but still think about safety.

Does it scan the area for spirits and such? Because I plan to use it only when my spirit is near me. If it scans I can see why it would be dangerous…

No, it doesn’t scan. I made it myself. A very simple device. A lot of different spirits come because they seem to be very curious and really hear. But if you ask them to leave and not interfere with the session, you will be able to talk calmly with the one you have called.

That makes it as safe as tarot and other means of communication then. Am excited to try it out!

Have you ever heard complete sentences from it?

yes, they often respond with fragmentary phrases, perhaps their vocabulary is limited by something or this is the specifics of the box, I did not fully understand. But we must pay tribute to them, the answers, although short, can be understood and a sentence can be made.

I wouldn’t say they’re dangerous, spirits and especially ghosts are often desperate to be heard, and will come to try to talk to you as soon as they know you can communicate.

So I’d second the caution to make sure your spiritual hygiene is good and I think you already know how to banish if you attract something rowdy. Set your intention to attract beings of a certain demeanour or quality if you like. Keep your own spirits positive and remember like attracts like. Set it to only the spirits in the house say, so you filter out neighborhood ghosts, assuming they respect the boundary set.