Spellcasting Sex Magick through Writing Poetry and Short Stories?

The title says it all. Would this be a form of magick? Could it be considered chaos magick? If so, would it become even more powerful if published through some hidden means such as masking it as something other than a ritual…? Just a curious writer wondering if I can use it to cast spells and create rituals and so on.

2 Likes

Allegedly, The Invisibles is a massive hyper-sigil, chaos magic style. Allegedly, it got the writer a lot of sex. And a collapsed lung. So if you try, be careful.

Also, if you find any interesting detail to make it work, please share. If it works, I believe it should work for mostly everything, not just sex.

5 Likes

Are you talking about the comic…?

Graphic novel, because I’m pretentious and pompous :wink:

But yeah, I’m talking about Morrison’s comic.

3 Likes

@UnseelieDiabolus reference to the Invisibles whilst discussing Sex Magick, figured you’d want to see, dear.

1 Like

I’m sad that I’m missing context. Guess I better read this graphic novel!

I would also argue that poems or writings can be a form of sex magick, as it’s ultimately all about your Intent.

Your words, written or spoken, are powerful and should be carefully considered, as I’m sure you know.

If you can get more spellwork and rituals out into the World using this medium then more power to you

2 Likes

I don’t know about sex magick, but Taylor Ellwood covers using the writing of prose to cast spells in his books as it’s one of his preferred methods.

1 Like

Noted, I shall look up the author and see what he wrote about that.

1 Like

Tell me more, Knight! Any recomended book, or it is all the info scattered in his work?

Yeah. What they said!

I think it is covered in Space/Time Magick, but I’ll have to double check.

It’s also lightly touched on in his book Pop Culture Magick.

He says it is particularly effective for influencing probability, and mentions certain authors whose lives were heavily influenced by the words they wrote.

That would be every single author in the world, I guess. But I’ll read the book. Thank you for telling me.

Not quite lol

Some authors ore more predictive in their writing than creative of circumstances. It’s an open secret that Jules Verne predicted the creation of the submarine in his fiction, and the sinking of the Titanic was predicted in a novella written 15 years before the legendary ship hit that iceberg (the boat in the story was called the Titan, and shared almost the exact dimensions as the Titanic).

Most writers whose works influence their lives did so unconsciously. Ellwood mentions Kafka and Hemmingway, but some, like William S. Burroughs, did so consciously knowing what they were doing.

Sorry, I digress. It’s covered in Chapter 5 of Space/Time Magick lol

6 Likes

Loved his work when I was a kid. I always thought he inspired scientists instead of predict.

Anyway, it’s okay to disagree, I’ll read the book and maybe I’ll come with new insight.

Thanks again, man.

You can evoke possibilities via writing about them if you know what your doing. Charging the story the way you would a sigil or just plain evoking it into existence. That being said they are easier methods to get what you want and that to me seems redundent.

I Own space/time magick your right it is covered there.

Would you mind explaining said easier methods? Frankly. Writing is a passion of mine, something I can both focus on for hours and lose myself through fluid written word and trance like thought. I felt it would be perfect to turn it into a spellcasting tool as well as a creative outlet. But if you have better and equally inconspicuous suggestions I’m always welcome to hear them.

Well sigils or simple spells for starters. You can do basic spells to attract people and cause events to occur. But if your dead set on writing I won’t stop you just evoke the story into exsitance or charge it via sigil. Taylor Ellwoods space and time magick touches on this briefly.

Dude , I always had this theory since I was young that events like the titanic happened because of people reading that novel before it that’s shockingly similar and because a lot of people absorbed that into their consciousness their energy made it manifest in the physical , is that kind of what you’re referring too