Spellbooks for beginners

Hi guys!

I was wondering what your picks were on your favorite spell books? Or what ones you have had the most success with?

My sis ter and I are getting more into rituals and spells, but we are not sure where to start! We are mostly tryng to help/succeed in our dreams/passions, and kind of bring more fortune and good luck, things like that but we are open to anything!

Any help is appreciated :)!

2 Likes

Druid Power: Celtic Faerie Craft and Elemental Magic

Jason Palter’s Psionic

777 And Other Qabalistic Writings

6 Likes

It can help us point you in the right direction if you shared what your general hobbies and interests are. That way we can recommend something that fits your style.

3 Likes

Ugh this is going to sound so cheesy - but we are really just focused on our passions and dreams (both in the arts/entertainment business).
We like creating things, and I personally think we are both very positive people.

If that helps any…

2 Likes

Liber 777 gives you a bunch of symbolism and mythology charts. If you’re already good at making things, you could just as easily design your own rituals by using keywords as themes or writing prompts.

6 Likes

Venus: Art. Wealth. Love. Feminine. Friday. The color green.

Make a habit of lighting a green candle every friday around a certain time. Also, consider working with some kind spirit or deity related to art that you find interesting. Apollo and Odin being some examples.

Rituals are like books, songs, or scenes of a film. The set dressing and words you speak are based around a theme. Use the same process you use for making art and use astrology and mythology as your inspiration.

Then you just add energy, vibration, and concentration on top of whatever you designed.

3 Likes

Could you tell me about this book please? I looked it up but couldn’t find anything reliable.

2 Likes

It helps with learning basic manifestations.

3 Likes

I’d assume it talks about the Fae, right? How much does it if it does?

2 Likes

It does but not as much as other books do. That’s later in the book. The author kind of holds them as a “secret”, you know buy my next book and such lol.

2 Likes

Ok, I see

1 Like

I highly recommend this book!

6 Likes

Also, sorcerers secrets and protection and reversal magick.

1 Like

Yes. All Jason Miller’s books are great, in my opinion.

2 Likes

All of these authors are great. Esther and Jerry Hicks (start with this, their books will give you a head start on how to create and manifest), Damon Brand, Adam Blackthorne, Gordon Winterfield, Zanna Blaise, and Ben Woodcroft. Theodore Rose too for Lucifer and the Hidden Demons. All of these authors write beginner friendly books and grimoires.

5 Likes

You guys have all been so much help – thank you!!

1 Like

I’d recommend all of the Gallery of Magick books as they are very user friendly. The rituals are easy to carry out in that you don’t need a lot of equipment, don’t need to cast circles etc etc. Also books by Corwin Hargrove, which are similar in style. All excellent.

5 Likes

Well, I was looking for some books for beginners and stumbled across this :
https://www.chaosmatrix.org/library/chaos_all.php

1 Like

I am a beginner. I dont know how to ask lucifer for help. Can you suggest an easy book and easy way.

Welcome @magick2. Please introduce yourself in the NEW MAGICIAN AND INTRODUCTIONS area, and tell us about yourself and any experience you may have in magick. It is a rule of this forum.