Soulmates

Do we really ever have a hand in anything or does something else guide us to act? I understand the waiting is tough, it has been 4 years since I have had any semblance of a relationship. So believe me, I sympathize. However, whether you do or you do not, if it was meant to be nothing in this universe can stop two forces from colliding and making something beautiful…

…at least that is my take on it. I am a huge hypocrite when it comes to myself but I do not like others to give up hope on anything.

4 Likes

I understand what you mean and I suppose I will always have a little hope just in case. But if i found it it would have to smack me dead in the face to even see it. It’s not even about waiting anymore it’s about feeling worthy enough. It would be extremely hard to convince me anything was real.

4 Likes

Again, I sympathize and I can see the difficulty in that. Once bitten, twice shy.

3 Likes

Regardless, I hope the best for you and everyone reading this post. Someone else doesn’t make us who we are, we do. You have come to magick for different reasons but one of them was to change your lives. Shed that fear of what may not be and put your intention into what will be and what is.

2 Likes

Soulmates as “your other half” - codependent bs. We are full and complete beings in on our own. Some of us are just more confident in that than others.

Soulmates as someone that you harmonize with, that adds an extra layer of beauty to your life, that is a good partner for you- absolutely.

Soulmates as the ideal fairy tale we will never fight or have problems because we are sssoooooo perfect for each other- get real folks.

That being said when I met my husband I stood beside him and feeling him next to me calmed the anxiety I was feeling, then I had a vision of us getting married and then chasing kids down at the park. He and I were both with other people at the time.
So there might be something to the hole " you’re destined to be with someone" thing but all in all the word Soulmates makes me giggle.

5 Likes

Oh gods no. I agree with you. Humans are humans and we are stubborn sometimes.

I agree we’re full souls and beings by ourselves… But as I put in my own experience, her and I basically invoked one another just through a kiss… I have no explanation for that. Everything got stronger in both of us…

We’ve had this as well. And I saw her 9 years before I ever met her.

Some shit I just can’t explain

3 Likes

I can’t explain things between me and my husband either. Love is a funny thing. I’m glad that you have found a powerful connection with someone.

2 Likes

Love is… Well its probably the biggest rabbit hole in existence.

I’m glad you found that connection as well

4 Likes

Rabbit hole… good way of putting it.

And thank you.

1 Like

the Law. Love under Will.

2 Likes

Love is will. I will to love, and I love to will :wink:

3 Likes

I have been single for 13 years, but I still believe in Love.

5 Likes

I should clarify.

I am single by choice, not because all women are bitches, etc, and all the other nonsense I’ve seen posted in various threads by angry young, and not so young, men. I do not NEED a companion in my life. It would be nice to have, but it is not a necessity.

I am a romantic, but I am also an intellectual and an introvert that doesn’t get out much. I like my own company and am very comfortable with myself, and thus, i have never worked any love magick to bring someone to me. Now that I’m older, though, I find my thoughts turning to it more and more, so perhaps I will. I don’t know. The idea of a “soul mate” is very romantic, but, being a romantic, I don’t know if I really believe in it. It’s a nice thought though, but, unfortunately, it is one that a lot of people get wrapped up in, and lose sight of what may be right in front of them.

7 Likes

IMO, this soulmate business is utter BS.

I can see desperate and needy clinger-on-ers as convincing themselves about finding a soul mate … but to what end? We aren’t all that different. We smell from the same parts, and try to manipulate life to go our way. Just blades of grass in a big fucking lawn. People tend to jump on the first person they meet that looks at them the right way. Such a special blade of grass.

I have let go of trying to be special, and that has led to letting go of “head over heals falling in love”, “soul mates” and all that stuff.

A body that tickles my five senses and that I enjoy having my way with, and a mind that doesn’t repulse me, is all I need. What she needs is up to her.

Once you have a few hundred romps around the house … the lust fades a bit.

Once you wind up in a mundane , everyday routine like every other couple … the magic fades.

Once you start having sexual fantasises about another … the soulmate business implodes like the house of cards it always ways.

Either you are oh so compatible that you become the king and queen of boring ville, or you complement each other’s skills and attitudes to the point where you lead distinct lives. LOL.

Strong people might as well cash in this soulmate idea for a drinking buddy or something.

At least with a drinking buddy, you put on your best attitude that once a week/month/year you go out!

2 Likes

I forgot to mention, there is a Spirit in Kingdoms of Flame, Tul, that can reveal to the magician "the secrets and knowledge of Love and Soul Mates, " if one is interested.

5 Likes

Soulmates are an actual thing.

It doesn’t need to be about “there’s a right match for everyone”. It’s about people that you are in a vibration sync with (“on the same wavelength” as the saying goes). In order to keep the relationship happy and healthy, you need to maintain that sync. When that gets out of whack, the connection is lost and shit gets ugly.

As I said in an earlier reply, I do think there are “people” who we’ve had experiences with before and who are important to us for that reason. These are friends, teachers, lovers, family…they can take a lot of forms in this world. And it is entirely possible that we’ve been here before, with them.

Or, if you’re not into that, our immortal energy has been here in some form or another and we remember things from that previous incarnation of said energy; the remnants left over from someone else’s life…who happened to interact with someone who possessed the energy of the person you now interact with.
Ancestral memory can play a role in that theory as well.

However you want to look at it, Soulmates are a thing. They are. My own experiences have been rather intense and far too much to write off as “BS”.

1 Like

I guess you don’t subscribe to the “life is cheap”, “humans are a dime a dozen” and “there’s no ultimate goal to any of this” philosophy. :grinning:

1 Like

Haha, no I do not. Life is amazing, humans need to be propelled to the next stage of evolution, and no there is no “goal” as in there is no winning or losing, right or wrong, black or white…the only goal is the goal that I create, as enlightened Magus and creator of my world. And while Life may not be cheap and is very worthwhile, to die…would be an awfully big adventure.

2 Likes

I have no faith in the concepts of soulmates, or love. One is simple self dilution, the other is a chemical response to sexual attraction. The emotional energy can be useful to an extent, but if one hasn’t known love it is of little use.

1 Like

Indeed. There is a lifetime of pathworking and self discovery to perform to even barely glimpse at the magnificence of creation. There is no need to delude oneself and be a slave to our biological cages.

The key is to see above the mere chemical reaction, ingrained behaviors and the grand delusion that each of us is special, when assuredly, given the shear number of human clones on this planet, it is nonsense.

We are manifestations of life that bear witness to the all. We may become as gods, but what is even a deity in the grand scheme.

I take this tiny slice of life given to me to explore the wonderful inner space and currents that flow all around.

My soulmate is life and the All, and it is wondrous. This shell of mine is a meaningless clone.

To spend so much spiritual energy on another human feels wrong, especially since it is mostly chemistry, weakness and a need to belong that guides it.

Trust yourself! You are the Universe witnessing itself.

1 Like