So, my older cousin is getting married [Jaden's Journal]

And his fiance is hosting a witch themed bachelorette party. My mom called and asked if she could borrow my ritual robe for a costume, and I said that’s like me wearing a wedding suit to a Halloween party with a devil mask.

So, she ordered a suit and robe, going for (as she described) a “good witch” thing. She showed me her robe, and it has that spiral goddess symbol on it. My jaw dropped and I told her what the symbol means. She was completely embarrassed, and I had a good laugh at her expense.

I mean, imagine it. A couple of old Southern Christian ladies getting together in witch costumes, and my own mother shows up with a fertility symbol on the back. Sure, most likely no one would know, but the idea is just absurd to me.

I told her that no one in the family is all too familiar with witchy symbols at all. But if someone shows up that isn’t in the family, then there’s a chance they might know and may bring up. Even if they don’t mean any harm by it, I can see it being embarrassing for her. So, it’s better I let her know in private than for some stranger to bring up in public. Even if I have some fun at her expense over it.

I wish she woulda consulted me when she was ordering stuff. But the deed is done.

1 Like

Doesn’t seem at all embarrassing to me. Regular non magickians wear all sorts of things and it doesn’t mean anything other than it was attractive to them.

I think you could have been a bit more tolerant on this one and let her have a bit of fun, it doesn’t no harm and you made her feel bad for no real reason. You are not the thought police and she can wear whatever she likes. You’re an atheist didn’t you say? So it’s not like she’s insulting your religion and certainly not on purpose.

Procedure: remove head from ass. Go get a drink and ground yourself. :smiley: jk

4 Likes

You got me worried about the outcome of that title lmao

1 Like

I mean in all honesty she is getting married for fertility. Kinda goes with the theme of marriage and family.

Thought it is funny she chose that one

1 Like

Ironically enough, you’re not letting Jaden have a bit of fun and this comes off as shallowly moralistic.

Next you’ll say I’m “white knighting” him. :joy:

And? It still doesn’t take away the humor in having a symbol mean something else than what it’s being presented as.

1 Like

I think that horse already bolted :smiley:

But I’m not going to go “yes man” and go “lol dumb normies lmao” either. That wasn’t very nice, and laughing about someone behind their back about it isn’t a good look either.

I’m not sure that’s the case, as fertility and marriage seems like her own magick drew her to that and appropriately so, but even so, I don’t have a sense of schadenfreude so I wouldn’t find it funny.

Don’t forget everyone is magick, maybe not knowingly, but we live in the same energies and we still work with them sometimes unknowingly.

I completely get why you wouldn’t want someone to borrow a consecrated item for entertainment purposes, but then when they do their best to find a replacement and you just laugh at them for it, yeah.
That says more about you than them.

1 Like

I said something very similar to this to my mom today.

1 Like

Sounds like your moms intuition led her to the appropriate design for the party, I’d encourage her to trust her intuition and not be embarrassed, especially since she is fairly open with you and you let her choose her own costume without guidance as you didn’t want to share yours/it was inappropriate for her to wear.

Fertility is traditionally asked for during marriage ceremonies so- her intuition is good, no doubt about it.

I mean I would talk it up personally, how cool is it that she picked that by chance etc. it’s good party talk, no one needs to know anyone practices to enjoy a good and timely coincidence and the younger generation all seems to think history like that is interesting and cool.

It would make a cool yeah did you know that symbol was used for fertility rites during marriage ceremonies in the pre-modern civilization of…

2 Likes

Fertility is considered a very strong symbol in hinduism . Search Kamaakhya Devi Temple

1 Like

So the folks are going to New Orleans tomorrow. (Also Consecrations)

I’d join them, but classes start on Tuesday. Rotten luck, huh?

However, in ways of good news, I plan on performing a Consecration ceremony this coming Wednesday night while they’re out. All I think I need is white silk. I have also consulted my pendulum, and I only need to go through the 12 hour purification.

@Jaden_Isaac I have moved your Journal post in here as it seems not to be a question for discussion as much as a personal journal-like commentary on your life right now.

That’s ok, but please bear in mind this is a discussion forum not social media. I don’t want to discourage you from posting but we do want to keep the forum on topic and easy to read as much as possible.

Please keep your journal type things about family movement in this case together to help us keep the forum tidy :slight_smile: :+1:

If you want to start a dedicated journal that would work too. I have added [Jaden’s Journal] to the title to help identify this topics purpose for all forum member’s. That way people can more efficiently analyze and optimize what they want to read and respond to.

1 Like