So i'm interesting in magick related to nature

Alright, so I’ve always had quite a deep connection with all things connected to nature, and have taken up the interest of working with Nature or more elemental entities in general.

Problem is I don’t really know where to start.
Can you guys recommend any entities related to nature or any books on elementals or nature magick in general?
Keep in mind I’m not interested in things related to Wicca, so a book on magick that teaches Elemental/Nature magick without Wiccan/ new age influences is well appreciated.

Thank you.

2 Likes

Self Initiation into the Golden Dawn Tradition by Chic and Tabitha Cicero.

6 Likes

I second request this.

I’ve been trying to contemplate on the idea of making a sigil to grow plants and draw in critters.

2 Likes

Ritual Magic Workbook by Delores Ashcroft-Norwicki

5 Likes

Three Books of Occult Philosophy by Henry Cornelius Agrippa

5 Likes

Modern Magic by Donald Michael Kraig

4 Likes

Raymond Bucklands Complete Book on/f Witchcraft

5 Likes

Book4 by Aliester Crowley

4 Likes

I was considering Buckland’s book
It’s got all the fundamentals with no bullshit attached.

5 Likes

Look into books about the Druidic pathworkings. The Druids revered nature more so than most other systems. If you want nature magick without all that new age bs, why not follow the ones who spoke to the trees, elementals and animals while having the ears of The leaders of Men.

I have not looked into an LHP equivalent as it is primarily an RHP path but Im sure something out there will pique your curiousity.

8 Likes

Sounds good :slightly_smiling_face:

The “Big Blue” Buckland book is about as Wiccan as you can get, though. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

1 Like

If you want to learn about the elements, you can’t get any better than evoking the 4 kings; Ghob, King of Earth, Nichsa, King of Water, Paralda, King of Air, and Djin, King of Fire. They can teach you a lot about the natural world.

As for Nature Herself, I recommend working with the Fae.

The Ancient Art of Faery Magick by DJ Conway can get you started.

Ted Andrews, he of shamanism fame, also has a book Enchantments of the Faerie Realm that may also be worth reading.

11 Likes

Dude, merge all that shit into one post.

2 Likes

I will do so in the future…can’t edit now.

1 Like

AlphaC,

On a more pedestrian note, if you have a garden where you’re growing something important (for me it’s tobacco) you’ll become more attuned to the environment – temperature, humidity, weather and wind.

Al.

5 Likes

Sigh, yea i know, but after a while i figured i’d be best to buy what works and just ignore what I don’t need for my self.

2 Likes

A couple nature gods I can think of on the top of my head:

• Pan (Greek)
  • Cernunnos (Celtic)

Wortcunning for Daemonolatry: A Formulary for the Daemonolater Alchemist and Gardener

2 Likes

I am undergoing elemental workings now. My mentor, very knowledgable individual, taught me by understanding the elements from within will bring you to controlling the elements without.

I would start by invoking each element one at a time. Invoke water and feel all of the water element that you are made of, feel your blood, sexual fluid, water holding you together, all of it. Feel it flowing within you. Do this with fire, water, air, earth, and ether. With each feel it. Fire feel the heat of the friction of atoms and mitosis, earth feel heavy and solid, air feel light like the wind. Ether feel your astral body.

It sounds basic but trust me its super intense. Youll love it

2 Likes