Skinwalkers

Fun fact, we hear whistling all the time at us at night. Whether we’re on the porch chillin out, or walking the roads at night. Something always whistles at us and it just doesn’t feel right.

Also my friend suggested that it wasn’t full blown skinwalkers, just another similar entity, like a corpse walker or smth.

It’s gotta be something else screwing with you. If four skinwalkers had really come after you out in the open, you’d have been a grease spot that night.

3 Likes

Well we just saw the “SW’s” out in the field, and the thing chasing us I didn’t get a good look at it but come to think of it it could’ve been some other entity. My friend said he only saw the eyes of it, and not the whole body. :joy::joy:

Oh well these ‘entities’ haven’t really done anything besides try to spook us. We’re used to it by now and it doesn’t happen that much anymore. Imo I just think it’s some demons getting a kick out of scaring us. I know one that does it alot, and likes to take the appearance of a ‘skinwalker’.

Basically this demon, Magnus, first came about when my dumb brother opened a portal with a ouija board, and Magnus came through. Nothing much at first, then he appeared to me grinning, and said hello shortly before I passed out. Then the next day he appeared in my dream with another witch, still don’t know who it was but they showed me how to do something with magnus. Basically I made magnus physical or something. And now he just fucks around and scares us, he’s actually got in trouble with another old entity I have around here we call The Watcher, because that’s all he does is watch us. Now Magnus was fucking with my friend at his house, appeared as a skinwalker in his window, then went into the woods where the watcher usually is… Pretty sure the watcher slammed magnus through like 15 trees in rage.

Anyways I don’t know if half the shit I experience is actually real, or some entity fucking with me, or just delusion, however I’m not the only one that experiences shit, when it’s me and my two other friends together, that’s when shit really starts happening for no reason.

I’m honestly thinking of writing a whole thread on stuff that has happened to me and my friends in order just so I can see what is what and get some opinions on everything from this community. And actually see if some of the things we have experienced is actually something :joy:

1 Like

Silver. Silver will burn a skinwalker if it touches them and if you stab them with it it kills them. I’ve heard of a few skinwalkers in Missouri. At least it’s not as bad as the forests of GA. Wendigos. Especially on Kennesaw Mountain. But yea so skin walkers. Silver.

1 Like

Curious question. Is a skin Walker anything like a Wendigo? My house is near a creek. The length of this creek, as I have learned, is apparently the stomping grounds of a “wendigo king”

Long story short. Boyfriend was on the phone with me, sitting in a car in the driveway. He heard native american war drums, laughter, and woops. Then he saw a creature like a man turning into a beast looking at him from a tree with red eyes. From what I understand, it was clinging to the tree. He ran inside and that was that. Never seen it. But it was around this time of year. And I hear odd wooping sounds from our field occasionally.

3 Likes

@void
@Kaya
They are very different but both originate from Native American lore. I also live close to a very dark and powerful wendigo. I saw it once and it filled me with pure dread. But no skinwalkers are a type of shifter they go back and forth from dog to human(ish). Again as I said, whereas a wendigo must be killed by fire because Ithaqua the first wendigo became a wendigo by being nearly frozen in ice and reverting to cannibalism. However a skinwalker(walker) must be killed by silver. This is where the silver and werewolves olf legends came from. As far as the wendigo goes, I was passing Kennesaw Mountain where a very powerful wendigo is said to live according to Native American legend. Basically a few people went missing there last year and one was found torn apart tho the others were never found. (Look under the fucking ground people) but yea so I was passing it in my car and I saw what could be a very tall humanish beastly figure. Although it could appear to be a tree, as soon as I saw it it filled me with absolute dread. So yea.

4 Likes

@ALTAIR: No. Just because skinwalker lore may have inspired/paralleled some modern werewolf lore doesn’t mean you can kill them with silver.

@Kaya The key difference between a wendigo and a skinwalker is that a wendigo has eaten human flesh and become possessed by uncontrollable hunger and the forces of darkness. A skinwalker on the other hand is a master medicine man who has chosen the dark path.

5 Likes

Used to live near Kennesaw mountain and there’s a lot of interesting stuff that is in the woods there. Even in Dallas,we had occurances of skinwalkers.
Kennesaw is notorious when it comes to Wendigos. Once again,used to live there and I had a few VERY interesting encounters. I am Cherokee and I always thought the woods around Kennesaw seemed strange. They have a way of talking to you if you hike the mountain and just feel deep and sad.
Even if you go up to Chattanooga it’s just a really strange feeling. Especially in Chattanooga near Ruby Falls and the River.

2 Likes

This. All of this. Also there are many… creatures…roaming around lately that get called Skinwalkers or Wendigo because it’s the latest popular term, but are not either of them.

These are not spirits. Psychic shielding will only help you to a degree. And from what I have seen nobody here actually knows how to kill one. It is all speculation.

2 Likes

Okay. Thank you kindly for clearing that up for me. Yeah, my boyfriend was pretty freaked out and panicky about it, and mind you he’s a big bear of a man. But nothing freaks him out worse than paranormal creatures. He said it was like it was stalking a prey, but I’m surprised it never actually went after him. And that it got so close to their house.

2 Likes

Yes however old stories of skinwalkers have said that silver burns their skin

1 Like

I know alot about ACTUAL wendigos. I know that was a wendigo on the mountain because that’s what Cherokee legend says. I too am part Cherokee. @EyesOfTheWolfOccult lol I’m actually in Dallas rn. But I do know how to kill a wendigo from the ancient stories. And if the stories of skinwalkers are true silver will kill them

2 Likes

I’m more than dubious of your claim that “old stories” aver the lethality of silver to a skinwalker.I’ve literally never come across one which didnt arise from the mind of a schizo saucer watching white person who was blogging about skinwalkers mid acid flashback.

2 Likes

Being part Cherokee doesn’t make you privy to some secret knowledge on them. Because someone certainly owes me some secret knowledge if that’s the case. And I have been to tribal gatherings, I have studied the lore, and in all that I can’t even find anything related to Wendigo or Skinwalkers in Cherokee myth. One thing that will rile me up quickly is someone trying to use their drop of native heritage as some sort of merit badge to prove they have some sort of spiritual edge over someone else.

5 Likes

I don’t know about all the old story stuff, however there is some odd stuff In those woods. If you’ve ever hiked little Kennesaw then you know the feeling.

2 Likes

I have to agree with you on this. There is nothing mentioned in Cherokee myth about them. Infact the myth arises out of the more Western tribes and seem to be almost exclusive to the Navajo and Pueblo (I’ve heard maybe one from Pueblo,and even then I am skeptical as to the credit of it)
I don’t mean to attack Altair,I am more to stand in on the fact that there is some very odd stuff about the Kennesaw area woods,and as such rescind my previous statement.
The main mountain has more of a fucked up energy due to all the civil war action there,and perhaps that’s what it is that stands out to us as skinwalker-
ish,but even that may be a bit of a stretch

quote=“ALTAIR, post:67, topic:43198”]
Basically a few people went missing there last year and one was found torn apart tho the others were never found.
[/quote]

. There’s been some really bad Coyote action as of late, But I haven’t heard of this and I’ve lived in the area my entire life. Ine person was missing as far as I know.

5 Likes

Genuine Cherokee myth is very closely guarded from outsiders, and at this point in history very likely exists exclusively in the oral tradition of the few highly traditional and insular cherokee villages that don’t talk to people who dont speak cherokee at all. Most cherokee “myth” we have on record was compiled by one single historian who was regaled by stories from one single village outcast with no connections to the inner spheres of tribe governance or medicine society in exchange for large quantities of liquor. That said, there are badass evil witches in cherokee myth as in the myth of most first nations.

2 Likes

I’ve never heard of silver being any kind of deterant. Calling them by thier true name to thier face, finding a way to capture and starve them, or overpowering thier will and turning thier own magick on them or getting a head or neckshot with a bullet coated in white Ash are the only ways to kill one. I would assume it’s more the ash and less the delivery method so long as the weapon being employed injects some ash into a mortal head or kneck wound.

Having grown up in NM and living in the Four corners area most my life the article I’m linking fits most of what I’ve heard from Navajo and non Navajo friends family and acquaintances.Navajo Skinwalkers – Witches of the Southwest – Legends of America

2 Likes

I’ve always heard heart wound or decapitation but yeah, bullet has to be wood according to some people I’ve talked to as well.

And the bitch with “white ash” is, no one knows exactly what it refers to or how to make it outside of skinwalker hunting societies, which are at least as secretive and reticent as skinwalkers themselves.

3 Likes