Skinwalkers

Most people who I’ve heard mention white Ash in thier stories just say they or whoever has the gun just grabs ash from the wood stove. But I did once see white Ash being sold at the Windowrock Navajo Nation Fair. Presumably it was consecrated, but I was just browsing and didn’t think much of it at the moment.

2 Likes

:joy: u could t find anything on skinwalkers cuz they have nothing to do with Cherokee lore I never claimed that. However with wendigos do u not know that different tribes had different languages. There’s nothing about wendigos in Cherokee myth because it’s called something else. But some of the biggest wendigo stories are from the Cherokee. I wasn’t telling u that I was cherokee I was relating with @EyesOfTheWolfOccult
Besides even tho I usually work with one of my other heritages the Norse gods I still know a lot about Native American lore. Skin walkers are not from south east USA and that’s why there is no Cherokee lore on them, however most wendigos are in the south east. Including the fact that Ithaqua the first wendigo is thought to possibly have been a Cherokee

Do you know of any way to find any info on these societies? Pm me

U seriously don’t remember that man and woman both going missing on the mountain last year. The man was found torn apart and the cover up was suicide. The woman was never found. (If the idiots would just look under the ground)

I’m afraid I can’t divulge any of what I know about that, which isn’t much to begin with and is third or fourth hand knowledge but could potentially get someone killed and would certainly be a breach of trust.

1 Like

Again as I said, they are known under a different name is the easternmost area. I don’t remember what that is tho.

Yea understood, and respect fam.

Voice in the brain with drumming in the background says “impale it with iron coated in silver to weakin it, capture it, break its limbs, and starve it to death but DO NOT remove weapon. Cut off head, remove heart, stuff it in the mouth with silver or silver coin and bury it. Burn the rest and throw ashes in natural running water. Smoke pure tobacco and smudge yourself with the smoke to cleanse.”

Great grandmother was the chieftain’s daughter and I’ve spoke to him in dreams before so take the voice for what it is lol

2 Likes

No.

If I’m being honest, I’ve always felt drawn to them, but I don’t think one will just seek me out and say “oh hi there would you like to learn from me? Oh by the way I’m a skinwalker.”

Oh well, maybe some day.

1 Like

Tell us more about the watcher

I’ve always heard you have to know their name, or find their human form and wait, then kill that.

Maybe its literally white ash. The tree.

Sometimes things are exactly what they appear.

1 Like

All the Navajo I know use ash from thier wood stove and then call in a healer to perform a cleansing the next day. The most common fuels on the Rez and surrounding areas where I live are pinon, juniper and cedar with a strong mix of ponderosa. I don’t think the ash kills them. From what I understand it’s akin to shooting nuisance dogs with 12ga shells loaded with rock salt.

2 Likes

Here’s a great link that could be helpful.

2 Likes

Oh, wow, these creatures are fascinating, I wonder if there are good books on them. Marigold infused oil, comes to mind for protection. Bathwater.

2 Likes

There are a few great reads, check out google i am sure you can find some great titles that will interest.

1 Like

I just read that silver bullets dipped in a white ash concoction would work for protection purposes.

1 Like

Skinwalkers by the name are exclusive to Navajo legends, different cultures had different names for similar beings.

1 Like

Dealt with the same one twice years ago. Basically pissed it off by accident. Didn’t see it again for years later and apparently had followed me home. Thought that maybe it was watching all that time still creeps me out. My advice leave well alone. Don’t provoke them. They creep me out and I hate their energy. I even feel weird insulting it here like it’s going to bring it back.