Skinwalkers

An old legend says the only way to kill one is to know their name… maybe see if their is a navajo or Cherokee shaman nearby

Usually I would recommend trapping the spirit binding it so to speak but I have never tried with a skin walker

3 Likes

I actually read somewhere if you are able to capture it it will wilt and die

“I found one source that said : " if a Skinwalker is captured and the news is broadcast, the witch will die within a year”

2 Likes

I’ve been thinking I might do that next time I run into one, to actually see if I’m protected and to see what it looks like up close among other things. Hmmm I thought they just kept hunting you if they were captured on film or something.

1 Like

A skinwalker is not a spirit per se, but a transformed witch. I think it all depends on which tribal region the skinwalker is from, because that would determine what mythology applies. There are a variety of methods for both protection from them and killing them, but they are heavily dependent on the type of skinwalker you are facing. One tradition holds that the only way to kill them is to find their human skin and burn it, another says that you have to know its name to kill it, and still another tradition states that silver or fire can drive it away or kill it. I do not know of any stories saying it can be bound or trapped. It could be because the walker is both human and non human, but I don’t know, I’m just guessing.

The stories of the skinwalkers are believed to be the genesis for the Western concept of werewolves, after all.

9 Likes

Here is my first encounter with one if it gives more info on it, didn’t know what it was at the time because I tried to ignore it.

1 Like

And I also heard that killing a newborn and burning it and covering a silver bullet in its ash will kill them. And I don’t know about silver, all I know is that it will hurt them more than a normal bullet.

1 Like

There are actually some who can’t be killed. Lol
Which is why I was saying, I doubt you can kill the ones you ticked off. :smirk:

Well, good to know you disturbed their grounds & didn’t actually bother them in human form. Your friend went with you to the same place?
Don’t go back. You wont appease them by trying to make some peace offerings or apologizing. Just move on with your life & use white ash if you ever feel you need to claim your space from them.

5 Likes

It wasn’t the same friend who was with me the other night.

2 Likes

i believe i have gotten ones attention as i was looking up more info i felt a presenceenter the room

5 Likes

well i supose you should try evoking some being to help you out since that seems to be a large theme of this forum or getting someone else to do it for you or guide you through the process it self.

1 Like

Oh I planned on doing it myself if things get out of hand. I’m fine for the most part, but my friends are not, as far as I know. I only made this thread to hear other peoples thoughts and insights on the matter, and if anyone had any knowledge that I didn’t already know about them.

3 Likes

I wish you the best of luck on your endeavors

1 Like

Sounds like he violated their territory. If he and the two other friends are willing to make an offering to the nature spirits of that area and go to a crossroads to make an offering to the ancestors. Simple things like cakes and wine (or juice) poured as libations are appreciated. This should give some protection and help keep these skinwalkers at bay.

3 Likes

If what you say is true, and there really are four of them stalking you, your chances of survival are frankly minimal.

2 Likes

I guess I’ll find out haha. I had 7 entites protecting me at the time when I first encountered one, and it stayed back and was just circling me.

No I think he’ll be fine, he just needs to put up wards and make sure his entities are protecting him

2 Likes

Put up your wards and contact your deities. I agree with the offering, but don’t try to go to war with these niggas right away. Fr try peace first, if not then you’ll have to kill them. I say that because killing them without trying making things right first can have repercussions g

1 Like

Now that I’ve read this whole thread I strongly suspect you’re dealing with something else. Zombi’s or some weaker kind of witch, other sort of apparition maybe. People don’t survive skinwalker attacks outside at night, and they don’t live for very long after if they’ve earned the ire of multiple ones.

3 Likes

Haha I might. Although I’m the type that if something like that threatens me it’s asking for it.

That is true, from what I heard and read about them. However these things matched what skinwalkers are, or at least what I’ve read and heard about them. And I’d like to point out one of the 7 entities is very old and is fairly powerful, and if they are skinwalkers it just points to the power of it.