What should I think of this?

It’s been a while since I last posted or even visited this site, but I come seeking help on something. So I rarely have nightmares, or when I do they’re about the ‘rake’ or something similar to it, it’s like the only thing I’m actually scared of. Soo me and my brother went to ‘the pines’ (woods with some trails) about a week or two ago, to go shoot guns, and ride his four wheeler, and have some fun yknow? However after shooting a bit we both hear something big get up to our right and move, we didn’t think much of it. 20 minutes pass, my brother gets on his 4wheeler to go ride around and gave me the pistol just incase something happened, right before he left I was just looking around just to look and look at some bushes and something was looking at us, it was gray and it immediately backed off into the woods when I was looking at it, he gets on the 4wheeler checks it out, sees nothing, and goes back to ride around. He’s away now, I can hear something walking around his truck (I’m standing in the bed cuz of what I saw in the bushes dont wanna get jumped by some loony) about 20feet away, literally walking in a circle out in the woods around the truck, and it’s dead silent, besides the wind. 5 minutes later in front of the truck, behind me, I hear this guttural noise, nothing like a bear or cyote would make, it sounded almost like something the ‘rake’ would make, and after that a fucking tree just snaps and falls over, I heard it all and turned around to look and where I heard it there was another tree just shaking violently. I was like oh fuck what the fuck not today rake, get the pistol out, ready to bust a cap in its ass haha! Nothing happens after that, my brother comes back and I tell him what happened, he said its funny because the first time our cousin brought him out here there was a 20ft teepee just sitting there in the clearing in the woods, next to where we were, he had a nickname for it “Bigfoots Teepee” because it was so big. It wasn’t there when we were there, it hasn’t been there for a while. I also noticed a large rock mound made of boulders out in the woods, the boulders were easily 100lb+ each just piled up into a dome, with a tree on top. It wasn’t small either, it was quite big, funny thing is there is no roads or clearings to get to it its surrounded by woods. Fast forward to now, been thinking about it since for no reason, and when I think of that noise it made, it just paralyzes me for no reason. Any thoughts?

2 Likes

First thought is your Rake lost someone. The mound sounds like a grave site. Maybe they moved because the spot bothered them but was coming back to visit and you happened to be there making a racket so it got upset. :woman_shrugging:

2 Likes

Nopes…he encountered a Sasquatch. The mounds are territorial markings. The teepees can be shelters or markers. Good you didn’t shoot at him, he and the others usually around would have attacked. They don’t like shooting. Tree breaks are warnings, as is the gutteral mumbling.
They’re a very ancient people. That’s their home and you’re essentially in their living room if you’re out there. Now you know. 34yrs getting to know them and learn their language and culture.

4 Likes

I have a friend who is really into cryptids. From what he’s told me it sounds like you might have encountered a Sasquatch to me as well.

1 Like

I don’t think it was a sasquatch, I forget to mention because I was tired, that the whole time I could smell a musky blood smell, it was very distinct. Sure it could’ve been one, but I used to be into the cryptid stuff too and I really don’t think this is a sasquatch. I was thinking more of a skinwalker or something similar because that fits the description more than a sasquatch. Plus I knew something was off as soon as I entered the woods, I could feel it, it had a bad vibe to it. Also something else I forgot to mention I knew ‘my’ demons were out there too protecting me, I could feel that also, so when I got back home I decided to ask them, to confirm what I thought. I asked if they were out there, and what that thing was, they said they were and that it was a fucking skinwalker (I was like oh shit a fucking skinwalker that was 20ft away from me!? Hell yeah!) I was half tempted to drive out there last night on the 4wheeler because it’s not that far away from my house and see what I could find in the darkness haha

1 Like

Being Captain State-The-Obvious, but I think you should stay away from it, the dream is a warning.

4 Likes

If they already told you, why ask us?

3 Likes

Mainly to hear other peoples thoughts on it and to see what others think what it was, and possibly see what to do about it all.

1 Like

Yeah that’s a fair point.