Side conversation about AI images

I’m sorry I have nothing but scorn for supposed “intelligence” in a machine that can only search the web and take others stuff.

We’re on a site where I have to remove

Indeed. When people are sued for copyright infringement if they use others ideas to much (and yes several AI companies are being sued under copyright right now) …

When we’re literally on a website where I have to mod copyright fair / not fair use …

And as an artist studying her Masters in Fine Arts, wo has talked to many artists about derivation and copyright issues… and myself been marked down by Uni professors for creating homework that was “too derivative” …

… I tend to see this AI art as utterly pathetic, a dead end that makes a mockery of everything humans have done.
It’s not even what these entities look like, as if that was meaningful when they appear differently to everyone. It’s some amalgamation of hy a few humans drew.

I’d rather see their original work, which is inspired by spirit and has their heart energy in it.

This is very pretty but empty, random drivel. It’s not magick, it’s not empowering anyone, it’s not supporting mages or artists. Like stolen books it’s taking from them.

5 Likes

Okay no problem and your more than entitled to that opinion :slightly_smiling_face: I just see it as an interesting thing that I can use to convey things visually that I am unable to otherwise but I get what you’re saying.
Simultaneously in terms of “not what these entities look like” as previously mentioned it’s my own subjective experience with them, as we know they often appear differently to many people in all manners of shapes and sizes etc, and the imagery they take is usually done through us and by us, I just thought it’d be neat to share that.

However since it’s not directly taking from any artists directly and since BALG themselves have used this A.I. Artwork in their own books with the terms and conditions checked thoroughly it was concluded that it breaches no copyright issues or violations in print and books, so I don’t think it should be an issue on the site/forum, if it does then I had no idea and apologies if you must edit it or remove it, then that’s understandable :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Ah is that where that come from? I find that disappointing but understandable since it will be license and royalty free.

No this is just my personal opinion. It’s just a bugbear and now it’s more popular the bear is getting poked more often. :joy: It has no… creativity, no originality, no soul, is usurious of original work, and that irks the hell out of me, especially for a community that is all about spiritual empowerment: it doesn’t… fit. Sorry I lost my cool there. :slight_smile:

I don’t know how the copyright suits will pan out, they’re not done and the consequences, if any, will be years form now, I would think.

1 Like

I realised I was off topic for the OP and have moved my comments out here instead of being a negative nancy in thread :slight_smile:

Something about AI rubs me the wrong way and I’m not sure why… Add AI and neuralink and you have the borg. Ew.

Thinking aloud, this might just be a shadow work thing I have to address. It’s related to my dislike of ywhw, and the universe is seriously poking me about this lately. It makes me angry, and anger is a response to fear…well, don’t I always say “understanding in the antidote to fear”?.. so I guess I have to look into why a software engineer like me should fear something I thought I understood, at least conceptually. :thinking:

This is far out stuff I don’t normally talk about, but has anyone seen the latest Farsight viewings about the “Galaxy 2” (in session target name) that was completely controlled by an AI, and it’s trying to come here through it’s control of a certain ET species? It’s only order is to expand, with either no stop button or it disabled it to comply with the order.

The stop button problem doesn’t seem to apply to image generation so far, because narrow AI and general AI are different with different problem spaces and different capacities, but it’s super interesting conceptually. Here’s a run down for anyone interested.

5 Likes

Have you read the Ringing Cedars series? Perhaps your distaste is that we are creating dead things to do what alive things already do?

Or that we are creating more complications under the guise of ease, economics, convenience etc?

When I do ai art I start with a simple two or three word statement like I do with tarot reading, honing in the essence of what I’m trying to create. I don’t accept the first image, I use a service that lets you pick from four then you can regenerate or basically add layers and it slightly changes the image like a paint brush.

If I hold my intend of what I would like to see instead of what I do see, I see that reflected in future regenerations.

It’s for me much easier and faster in to do generically for prepared items than items in which I’m given a prompt. Or at least waste less material. Sometimes I spent 20 hours on one image Changing it by one layer more times than I can remember to count.

But most people aren’t doing it this way, so inherently they are giving the ai control, just like we have with everything else, instead of realizing the control we have over everything but each other.

So I question whether or not it’s something I should get stop using on premise it could be a bad example and take us to even darker times or should I find a way to present that we still control the energy that goes into it, at least when using certain programs so in some cases we are not giving away our will till the program.

So idk. Seems complicated.

3 Likes