Should You Warn: Baneful Castings

The surprise there is that with the Wiccan Credo developed by Gardner Harm None and the threefold law that many Wiccans do practice baneful magic hexes and curses and in this one case even left a warning on her door step right out of the Middle Ages or a Steven King novel, a black Crows feather, creepy…

2 Likes

Yes yes love and light but lets throw some curses, right? Too christian for my taste.

2 Likes

I always do my best to keep it secret so the person will not be able to consciously resist the energy whenever I’m trying to effect someone with magick against their will. If it’s not a closely guarded secret that you believe and practice magick some people might figure that you might or probably will use magick against them, in this case I find Christians are very weak minded and self destructive. I’m only experienced with christians though

1 Like

To answer OP’s question:

I won’t do Bane without a very good reason. But when I do, I don’t warn. Wanting to mess with me is a warning by itself.

4 Likes

I took it as a warning of a hex, It could have just been a random bird feather. This was after she had already told me of her plans. I do tend to pay attention to feathers and their colours though.
I started out with an interest in Wicca myself for many years prior to finding myself on this particular path.

2 Likes

Any reason why she chose a black crow’s feather? The color black perhaps symbolizes death or harm, bad luck?

1 Like

I have no idea if it was her who put it on my doorstep. I am superstitious about feathers and their meanings and a Black Crows feather is a precursor of death, doom and bad luck.
I just linked her threats and that turning up as the deed had been done. I had so much bad luck it was unreal. I did not have protection back then like I do now.

2 Likes

There are different methods to hexes and curses

Sometimes half of what constitutes a good nasty hex especially ones that invoke psychic attacks is all about planting the seeds of psychological fear and doubt in your victim

Making someone believe they are hexed is often times enough of a vehicle to carrying out some of the best malicious curses you could ever think of.

Again it depends on the type of curse or hex

2 Likes

My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father; prepare to die. :wink:

If you have a weak minded individual you are toying with, making them think you are going to fuck their life up is all you need to do. They will crash a car, fuck up at work or lose sleep looking over their shoulder constantly.

I have told people to leave me the fuck alone (and then they didn’t listen) before unleashing screaming temporal doom on them, but never threatened to “do” anything.

A hex/curse is relevant only after the stage for “warnings” has passed. Why issue “warnings”? Try a binding spell or conditional hex.

1 Like

Fuck 'em.

If they made you mad enough to lob a death curse their way, let 'em fall.

2 Likes

I like the way you think.

This is correct. All these people talking about “warnings” are showing what they know about curses. In fact, in the african magick (voudoo hoodoo) it is common practice to leave some ritual item at a targets Doorstep to induce a curse.

4 Likes

Vodou (Haitian), voodoo (Creole/New Orleans) and hoodoo are not the same thing. I know hoodoo very well and not once have I left anything for them to find (let alone or a doorstep) to “induce a curse”. You can leave something hidden, but we know very well that once it’s discovered a trick has been laid it can then be combated, fixed or reversed. You can hide something in a seemingly innocent gift or card or even dress them with powders or oils. But hoodoo isn’t about being loud or obvious.

4 Likes

@NewToThis26 This in an interesting twist on this subject! Many thanks for the info.

Glad I could help. Anything I can assist with, I will.

1 Like

Its a common trick in magick and yes sonetimes being loud is a part of it. This requires you actually understand the purpose of the trick. It largely plays off fear.

1 Like

IT’S NOT PART OF HOODOO.

Other magick, yes. Not hoodoo. That’s all I said.

4 Likes

I disagree. You are welcome to your opinion.

It’s clear you want to be right at the cost of endangering and misleading other rootworkers or spellcasters. That’s not cool.

1 Like