Should I evoke, invoke, summon, work with Loki?

So I’m always led to the topic of Loki. One time I have tried to contact him, but my candle started to flicker and I became kind of antsy. I heard that if the candle flickers it is not a good sign. However I want to hear from actual practitioners if it is. The thing is, I’m always drawn to him and I think it was just his presence that caused the flicker and spooked me out. Lmao

4 Likes

I’m not really sure how to talk about Loki without being a dick…

Anyway, Loki is one of those ones that if you summon him or even bother contacting him, you should definitely know exactly what you want from him.

The entities that are very manipulative tend to take the largest toll on our psyche as a whole as well as our real world lives. So what he does you may not be prepared for unless you knew exactly what you were asking and know how to see the symbolic aspects in your waking world.

As far as, should you? Depends, do you wanna completely change your life over a single ritual? It could be at the snap of the finger, it could take a year. It really depends on your lesson.

2 Likes

If Loki is calling you than step up front. If you wouldn’t be attuned to him and his energy than He wouldn’t be interested in you at all. He is very powerful. You can learn a lot from him.

8 Likes

Invoking a squirrelly bastard like Loki is probably ill advised, particularly if you’ve never dealt with jotuns before. Be careful.

1 Like

I’d like to throw my chip in the hat here.

First things, first … Why ?.

That’s most important with any and all entities is the mere intention of working with Loki.

So have you’re reasons solidified inside you first.

Reasons you could contact Loki.

1. Channel gnosis on the nature of the trickster spirit.

2. Discover the dark powers and quintessence of Mercury, through the mask of Loki.

3. To understand Loki a little more and form a working relationship with eachother.

These are just some ideas, just make sure you have a reason for calling Loki.
Now to touch on something many people will say about Loki. He’s been called a trickster, a liar, a cheat etc.

So how can you work with that, how can you get a trickster god, who’s full of mischief.
To work alongside with you truthfully and wholeheartedly.

Assume the spirit of mercury itself, assume the trickster form. Simply on a Wednesday on the hour of Mercury, set up a little table or working space in the corner.

Place down a yellow or orange cover over the table. Light some yellow or orange candles, light some incense corresponding with Mercury.

On the four corners of the altar, place any of these gems Opal, Jasper, Agate, Carnelian etc.
Four is the number associated with Mercury and the gems too are associated with mercurial energies.

Once done you could anoint the candle or stones or even both with oils associated with Mercury for example.

Cinnamon, Almond, Sandalwood, Anise, Lemon etc. You could take on of the candles engrave or draw onto it the planetary symbol of Mercury.

Then with another candle, draw or engrave the planetary square of Mercury.

Then use another candle for the seal or Mercury.

Create two talismans out of tin to create the seal of mercury planetary intelligence and then mercury planetary spirit.

If you struggle to make tin talismans here’s a neat little cheap trick for you.
Get yourself a tin of beans or something, don’t waste them eat them :joy:.

When you remove the top or bottom use any tool you can find to take the circular bottom and top of the tin as perfectly spherical as you can.

Place on both the symbols, obviously to intensify the working do this all when Mercury is next in retrograde.

Anoint the seals with the oil, to supercharge the seals don’t only anoint them in oil.
Light some mercurial consecrated incense and fumigate the seals.

So just light the incense and leave the seals hanging in the air until it’s gone through the process of fumigation.

Have the altar set up in the east everything made charged and ready to go.
Begin lighting the incense and the candles, connect with the energies of mercury already present.

Begin opening the symbols, square and seals upon the altar. Opening tunnels and gates to summon forth and ground Mercury there in the temple and altar.

Meditate on the energies of Mercury everywhere around you, breathe it in.
Embrace it don’t be hesitant or worried just become one with it.

Use this incantation for Mercury.

“In the name of the star and house, called Mercury, I conjure the celestial keeper of this cosmic force, come forth Michael. O’grand archangel open the path, bring forth the messenger of the gods. Taphthartharath spirit of mercury come, all angelic host of mercury come, all infernal hosts of mercury come, all mercurial gods and goddesses come”.

Now focus on the rift between you and mercury.
Consume its energies immerse yourself into that current of power.

Ground it within you’re body, use names of spirits connected with Mercury as mantras to while consuming the mercurial energies.

Even visualise the seven chakras become minature versions of that planet.
Once this is done simply state.

"I (name) am one with Mercury and all its creatures, all its heavenly and hellish hosts, I am one with its light and one with its darkness, no mercurial trickery shall fall unto me.

Met’Sen’Des’Elt’Me no lies from mercurial lips shall be spoken unto me, for thou shall not trick the trickster. Met’Sen’Des’Elt’Me, Met’Sen’Des’Elt’Me, Met’Sen’Des’Elt’Me".

You may then ground that in yourself, thank Mercury and you may leave an offering as a thank you which I would suggest.

Now working with Loki you can simply tell him.

“In the name of mercury and by the powers of it, you shall not lie, none of you’re mischief shall be done unto me”.

15 Likes

Invocation to be done by parents of Teenagers when asking their Teen a question they already know the answer to and simply want the truth

6 Likes

Thank you! I have been wondering if it was just me interested in him, but more and more I am beginning to know that he is calling me. <3

1 Like

Oh lort. You have wrote so much lmao! I’ll have to print this off, along with the seals so I am organized for when the big ol’ ritual night comes around. Your tips are amazing and I shall use them. Sorry I haven’t responded until now, I am hardly on here. <3

2 Likes

I’ve been curious of the same thing myself. I’ve been followed by something for quite some time now and the last contact I had with it was last week. And now all signs point to him and being interested in something to do with me. Would trying to contact him make for a good or bad idea?

Hi C.Kendall. I’m a beginner witch. I had a dream two months ago. That wasn’t a simple dream that was lucid dream. I sign a convention becouse Loki told me to. I didn’t see his face but i know he was Loki. He call me for a job and he actually told me you are walking to the dark path. I am not sure it was a real dream or that was a delusion or something. I had a lot of sign after that dream too. Can you help me?

No clue where ya got this from.
When candles start spazzing out in ritual it is generally a good sign. Hell i’ve had candles explode durnimg benific and baneful rites and the results still be awesome regardless of how stressful the rite seemed. This is why fire safety is a thing lol.

As for loki he is a god of evolution and shamanic initiation among other things so a bit of upheaval and turbulence and feeling uncomfortable in his presence it pretty normal since he will bring true change. The brain DOES NOT LIKE CHANGE!! It likes the status quo for the most part so it provides resistance ya have to work though in alot of cases from what i have seen.

5 Likes

How should I summon Loki

1 Like

My experience with Loki was very positive actually. He can be a trickster but I didn’t see that side much as I was already attuned with that aspect.

His flame is very powerful

Excellent
How can I start work with him?

1 Like

Simplest way i know of would be light a candle in the southwest and call to loki.

First off, I don’t think Loki’s evil. I’m not saying he is. However I consider him amoral. His actions cause unexpected coincidences and that are as likely to be detrimental as they can be beneficial.

I personally wouldn’t contact him. I respect him and will defend him when people equate him with the devil. But I would steer clear of him. But that’s just me. If you want to invoke him, go ahead. Just be sure if that’s what you want.

Personally, I’d invoke Odin. In fact, I’d advise you invoke him and Thor first.

2 Likes

From what few experiences I’ve had with him i wouldn’t say he is either evil or amoral. How ever just making contact with his energy will cause change geared toward evolution which generally seems to include a fair bit of upheaval of that which is to make way for what will be. His role in the myths also show this.

3 Likes

Indeed! This has been my experience and interpretation as well. While yes he is chaotic, it’s as if it were for a purpose, not pettiness.

4 Likes

Side note.
It may also be of interest that similar upheavals will occur when working with transformative gods such as shiva, ganesha and durga. Each represents and aspect of change either of purification, transformation or the destruction of that which is to make way for what will be.

Durga is a bit of a head trip… Will have all kind of interesting effects depending on how much toxic influences are around you.

2 Likes

Hello loki is pretty chill. If you want to work with hem just call on him. He loves sweets cinnamon dragon blood and toys. He is a trickster but he will not let you trick deceive or lie to yourself. He brings about change and is very interactive. But ya leve hem a offing and ask him to enter your home and sit and talk with hem.

1 Like