Should Black Magickians Remove Their Chakra System?

use charkas of your other bodies, chakras on physical body is filled with shit, but connect your physical chakras to your godbody chakras, for circulation, and effective godbody…

removing chakras ? lol ?

From my experience from doing this “chakra removal” thing, I would say that chakras are like the vessel that some of us create for our higher selves, as explained by Asenath Mason in her Draconian Ritual Book. The way we visualize the chakras becomes a way to work with something that is more complex, we bring that stuff to lower spheres of the tree, qabalistically speaking. By removing the chakras, you remove the representation you created for that force, and you can create it back or adopt another system. You actually don’t lose anything.

1 Like

Sorry for bumping such an old topic, but I only just became aware that chakra “removal” was even a thing and this post and the other second down caught my eye.

I don’t believe I have chakras. Perhaps I did briefly and subsequently got rid of them a long while ago, but nonetheless I do not have them. It was in my late teens when I first became aware of them, when I’d tried techniques to activate or cleanse them and whatnot. I don’t think in all my time before or since that there has ever been a magickal practice that felt so utterly unnatural as trying to work with chakras though. As such, I’d removed them about as quickly as they’d been created.

In all of Agrippa’s Three Books of Occult Philosophy, likely the most concise older work out there to get a grasp of Western Occultism, there is not a single mention of chakras. None whatsoever. Instead there are myriad of other topics which discuss various energies and essences of spirit and how they’re expressed — the four elements and humours, the seven classical planets and their energies and influence over the body and spirit, etc.

Not to ignore the concepts of medical astrology as that’s another topic entirely, but throughout the work there is a pervasive theme of these energies influencing the body and the spirit. Though some energies were more physical than others, and certainly some “ruled” certain potions of the body, there was not anything quite comparable to chakras. These were energies that could be felt all throughout. There was too the idea of balance with the four humours as well, which might be the closest to the notion of chakras, though it’s a stretch of a comparison.

Perhaps it’s because I’d, by the time I’d learned of chakras, been so deeply into astrology for several years and had also been influenced by this sort of occultism for far longer, I was used to feeling the seven classic planets/lights as these wholly encompassing energies. When I tried to work with chakras, it felt like trying to box these energies into something smaller, and for some reason, to only try to feel, channel, or access them through specific points in the body. Doing such felt overwhelmingly discordant and limiting to me.

For instance, when I tried to conceptualize these energies as chakras, which one is heart? Venus for its associations with love or the Moon for its emotions? Fire for passions or water for emotions? What about the root chakra? Is it the Moon for also representing the body itself or Saturn for being the earthiest and most grounding energy? Perhaps all the energies were in concordance with every chakra in some manner, and it’s merely a matter of expression, though if that were the case, why must they be channeled through these points alone? Why is the solar plexus near the ribs when I feel solar energy strongest in the head, upper back and chest? Or Mars energy in the sacral region when that’s felt, well, everywhere?

Not saying concept of chakras is wrong or inherently limiting for everyone, especially since my experience and understanding of them is obviously extremely limited. Not here to insist that one method is better than another either — I certainly don’t follow the ideas behind physically balancing the four humours the way the western sorcerers of old had done. My point is more I was long accustomed to a different system of conceptualizing and working with major energies and when I’d attempted to adapt that into something else, it felt utterly alien and limiting. Likewise I am sure others might find my methods limiting or alien if they have been working with their chakras for a long time.

Maybe if I’d given the use of chakras more effort they’d have developed into something more substantial, but such was not worth it to me when a divorce from my prior methods felt as though I lacked any limbs.

(I do have to admit though it’s been a bit cathartic to read about others who do not work with chakras, or have removed them, seeing how pervasive and they’ve become in modern magickal culture.)

Anyway, it’s not quite the same as entirely removing one’s ability to sense these energies and later replacing them with something else, but I feel compelled to share my insight on this because of that very brief period of time where I had more or less replaced the capacity in which I could sense or feel them.

1 Like