Shem Angels

Shemhamphoresh is a way to directly talk with God, by using a derived but true name of God.
It is derived from a chapter of Exodus, and is related to astrology and tarot as well as astronomy and geomancy.
If it fits one system, it might fit another.
The minor cards of tarot in pairs equals 36, times 2 is 72, which can be correlated to planets in signs into houses. Other types of astrology might overlap
Shem angels, much like goetia have certain abilities and happy to teach us. Their names are from Hebrew. They are called by invocation or prayer, and first starts with a psalm verse assigned to their station.
It does not have to use experts in astrology, tarot, etc.
It takes a person open to God and them, and by use of spoken word.
They do have sigils and seals, found in Nick Farrell’s Shem Grimoire, lodge papers or other books. The sigil is derived from a golden dawn rose figure. You have to know the Hebrew alphabet at least at a beginner level of the alphabet.
I cannot explain it fully as I am a beginner in it.
I will help those who want to reach them by need, you must then do your own work with what I can provide in terms of my research.
I am not an expert in it, not yet.

5 Likes

The Golden Dawn, (Book T) - Israel Regardie
The Illustrated Goetia - Milo DuQuette
Self Initiation into the Golden Dawn Tradition - Cicero
These resources will help explain how the angels operate, how to work with them, and their figuring into the tree of life in as sphere and the enochian system. The shem angels are not enochian angels. Nor will the resources supply you for research on enochian but rather shem angels and their goetic counterparts. It is all based on what planet is in what sign, such as a minor tarot card, and the tarot minor card, or the angel and goetic seals can be meditated upon.
However, this is about shem angels, so use the resources provided to learn more, and try to figure out interesting stuff with them. Try evocation for example, or talismata.

3 Likes

Please do not post documents without express permission. One post deleted.

1 Like

I’ve used the seals for the angels of the Shemhamforash in Poke Runyon’s Book of Solomon’s Magick with success. They are not derived from the Rose Cross, but resemble more the traditional “signature” seals used for the main seven archangels.

5 Likes

Interesting, The only printed book Ive seen or used regarding it was the Shem Grimoire.
Will have to look out for that book too.
I have had some odd encounters simply calling their name, stating who they are and what they do, and their verse from psalms. I imagine doing the complete ritual would be fascinating.
It would also be nice to have developed Clairaudience and clairvoyance prior to that.

The only time Ive read of angels attacking humans in regard to working with them was in qabalistic magic, where a wise man mistook the illusion for the reality, in which case he was assaulted for angels on idolatry charges, steps away from the throne of god upon the marbled glass floor appearing as a sea, the man thought he’d drown.

very interesting I will be checking this out

3 Likes

Here you go:

“No special psychic talents are required to master this system.”

https://www.amazon.com/Book-Solomons-Magick-Carroll-Runyon/dp/096548811X/ref=sr_1_2?dchild=1&keywords=poke+runyon&qid=1633896427&sr=8-2

3 Likes

Here’s a screen capture from my copy of the book so you can see what the seals I’ve used look like:

According to Poke, beside the seals are Latin verses used to invoke the angels. They are not psalms, but are taken from Harley MS 6482 in the British Library, and published by Adam McLean in his book A Treatise on Angel Magic.

2 Likes

@DarkestKnight @Nightside I absolutely have to get that poke Runyon book. Omg I’m salivating.

3 Likes

Hello, i have a question… In some books, when u evoke an entity is said that in order for the ritual to work better, u have to call first some shem angels names and then the demon like paimon dantalion etc… Is that true? Does this makes the connection stronger? I dont want to make the entity’s feel restrained cause of my aknowledge…i asked this question to others to gather different opinions

It depends on the system you are working within. If you are using a demonolatry based system, then no, you don’t need to call a Shem angel. If you are using a Kabbalistic based system, then yes, the ritual will be smoother with the Shem angel.

1 Like