Sharing my art work

I thought I would share a painting I did last year.
Semi-Abstract
Subject: Odin’s Mountains
The size is 33 x 45 inch.

6 Likes

Did u sell ur painting?

No I haven’t had this chance. I tried to sell it, locally in my sector and in 1 year, I didn’t sell it. But where I am, In Quebec most people do not like art. I also considered selling it from another country or further outside where I am, but the shipping cost would be big.

1 Like

Try to sell it online

1 Like

Based on my experience, and I already tried it,…it didn’t work, do you have any website in mind?

Ebay and Craigslist

2 Likes

Will try for a last time. thanks.

2 Likes

That’s beautiful!

Thanks. It means a lot.

Do you have more art work? If so, you could go to artspan.com. You can make a website with them and sell prints and original artwork. The customer gets to pick the size for prints and they can choose a frame as well. The company woth print the print, frame it, package it, and ship it directly to the customer. If it is an original then you would package and ship it. Another option for you to consider.

1 Like

Or squarespace.com
Or artstorefront.com

Pretty sure all 3 options are international.

1 Like

All 3 of these sites will even do promtions for you and they are geared towards showcasing your work to an audience that would be more likely to purchase your work.

1 Like

Yes I am exploring the website today for sure. I will try it.
Thanks for sharing and Glad you liked the painting. It means a lot …

I have given up, there is a monthly fee. Thank you anyway. Was nice of you to share. I will perhaps sell it, if not, that means this painting must remain with me.

Of course. I’m also trying to move into become a full time artist instead of a full time mechanic. These were the top 3 sites that were theost competent in my eyes. But it will also depend on the direction you want to go in. Oh and since youre looking at websites, if youre really consodering going full time another thing you should absolutely do is legally protect your work. So nobody can copy YOUR work and take credit. Since you like in Quebec ( Im in the USA) you shpuld put some time aside to look at your local laws and such. I dont have a clue how youd go about that there though. Good luck!! Keep up the excellent art work!

1 Like

They all have monthly fees. I should have said that. Perhaps it will be something for you in the future though so maybe keep them in mind for then?? :woman_shrugging:

Thanks.:slight_smile: I will sell local, that way I won’t ever risk the work I do. It is gonna remain analog, instead of digital hehe

1 Like

I feel that. I’m a traditional landscape painter. I paint with oils. :smile: ha! I find it so strange to work digitally. Even more strange to make my analog work into digital, as you put it. The back of my mind screams nooooooooooo when people try to tell me to do digital :upside_down_face:

1 Like

There is actually many artists that won’t go online now more than ever, the reason is this; they all said ''so much time consuming when we put an artwork on line, so many distractions also, they we loose inspiration to create! …and I agree I have tried and its too much time for little $$

Ya i can absolutely understand that. I live in a rural area so I cant get my work into a gallery. The drive is too far. The nearest gallery to me is over 60 miles. I believe that’s 96.5 km.