Share your best way to stop lusting for results

Thank you - The link is useful because it’s actually helped me to work something out namely that there are two elements to this.

1. the lust for results - when will it arrive, how will it arrive, why hasn’t it arrived - not healthy
  2. normal lust for whatever it is (namely the Beloved) and the ritual work being done - healthy and normal

I think that my online tarot obsession falls into the first and I need to kick that into touch NOW but the other love ache - namely emotional deepening and pushing of emotions into ritual and into candle work can remain.

It’s stupid really because I know it will happen, simply I’m aching with so much love I could physically burst open - wondering if there’s a way of transmitting a huge love burst at him (probably not a great idea), just feel like if he were next to me I’d electrocute him with love energy. Storing it all up like a giant horse shaped love capacitor - he’ll be in for a surprise!

8 Likes

With magick geared toward change tend to visualise it as the current moment as much as possible to evoke all the related emotions.

My current work has me refining and discharging in the entire process into the ritual as i make the candle personally, creating the sigil, carving it into the candle the time it is charged and then finally releasing it when using the flame as the gate to experience the result before i ground it with my alter.

Followed by a marital staff exercise i use for grounding my body and mind and for getting my mind off the ritual. Kinda hard to focus on a ritual you just did if you are trying not to get knocked upside the head with a steel pole that WILL make you pay for not focusing.

3 Likes

Do as EA says and in the ritual exhaust ALL lust for results. It’s hard for me as well but I think I might be getting better. A good thing to say at the end of a ritual is “I sacrifice my hunger for insert effect here to occur! I sacrifice my desire and my hunger for so and so to happen!” Helps me at least.

5 Likes

I would have been less torn apart by unrequieted love when I was younger if I had realised a large part of that was related to the masculine polarity within myself and seeking my ideal masculine toi completement my everyday feminine, and this work may assist some people in that respect - pay CLOSE attention to the fact I do not have sexual contact with this Daemon, he merely gives me a place to both place the masculine polarity (the Kybalion is the reference source for this idea) and also to be able to merge with it, should circumstances require that:

http://forum.becomealivinggod.com/t/evocation-of-my-personal-daemon/3796

This may not be exactly about lust for results but the creation of gratitude when it’s a thing or state sought, is akin to this, in that the need is already fulfilled by spiritual/emotional projection of having the thing desired.

8 Likes

I have been wondering if you could use hypnosis to set up a trigger that once activated you just let your desire go. I actually found this post searching for anyone who has experience with this approach.

3 Likes

Yes, you can.

Not only that, but in trance you can set up amnesia triggers, such that you don’t even remember having done the ritual, or if you prefer, don’t even remember wanting to do the spell at all.

Dantalion Jones has been working on self-inducing amnesia for the last few months and i think at this point he has it down. Generally, you remind yourself how easy it is to forget, and you describe the act of forgetting the spell, as you describe it over and over, each time leaving out a detail until you tell yourself you wanted to do something, but you can’t remember what. Oh well, when you come out of trance, you’ll forget the wanting, too. Etc

You can even seal the forgetting with a reminder that it’s not important, and you have other things on your mind, like for instance, then give a posthypnotic suggestion that every time you try to remember what you forgot, your mind will draw your attention to something else.

At that point the idea never comes up in your mind anymore. Your mind will go elsewhere if you even try to recall it.

In that way, when the result does happen, it would come across as a happy accident.

7 Likes

Thank you. I have yet to enter a trance state but figured since you have a direct link to your subconscious then, then why not add in that suggestion. The method of forgetting one aspect of the ritual then another and another sounds perfect. If I can do that and , as you said, forget even wanting to do the ritual in the first place it would be a big help. I am an over thinker. Even when it’s something minor I overthink everything. It is one aspect of myself I am currently working on

2 Likes

Depends on the work.

If you are trying to embellish your life, like getting a better job, a love partner, patience, …etc. Then when you think about the Work, transform that into a thankfulness that things you need are finally happening.

I typically do a quick nod with eyes closed and I think of the deity whose help I sought and whisper an honest “thank you!”.

Release your worry and try to laugh a bit immediately after giving thanks.

Excellent successes in the past year or so with this method.

5 Likes

My last response was a about not lusting about spells that embellish your life in which you petitioned a deity.

This one is for letting go of lusting for a curse to yield results.

Of course pouring ALL of your energy into the curse at the onset is critical, but it certainly doesn’t give you amnesia, am I right folks? Yuk, yuk.

Pure lunacy to not want that fucker to pay!!! (or whatever.)

… so when you think about the curse you cast, consider it to be something asking:

“Are you sure you want to go through with it?”

Your response is very simple.

When you think of the curse, stop what you are doing, and stare (imagine) at your enemy with your curse looming, and do it without feeling anything. You are in the shadows. Give your enemy a cold stare, and remain perfectly silent as you make your point clear to your henchmen. Kinda makes it clear who the target it right? The henchmen already know what to do. Give it a few seconds and then choose to turn around when you see fit. Release the enemy into the grasp of the curse, but don’t say a word and don’t give two shits.

Your silent death stare, is confirmation that the curse must go forward.

Now act as though you are a general and your command has been confirmed. Trust that your soldiers will follow your command and get back to your life.

Bottom line: When you think of your curse, don’t say a word, give the enemy a dispassionate stare for as long as YOU see fit and turn away like a Boss. Giggle if you want, whatever man.

5 Likes

I just stop caring about it.

I mean, obviously I still want it to happen, but if your approach it with a sort of bored attitude, results show up quicker. If your offering requires doing something repetitively for a certain amount of time, treat it more as paying rent; if you don’t do it, bad things will happen.

6 Likes

Love that reframe

1 Like

" Make a sandwich." - E.A. Koetting

4 Likes

Don’t watch the idiot-box. Don’t listen to music. Don’t let your mind drift. Keep occupied. Making a sandwich (properly and carefully) and then eating it with full consciousness on the tastes and texture is great. Have a drink as well.

Right after ritual I generally bitch-slap myself across the face a few times as this sets up a nasty, painful barrier to the work I’ve just done.

Al.

3 Likes

It’s amazing how often I forgot Krishna’s advice in the Bhagavad Gita, one of my favorite readings, about not caring for results (Karma Yoga). It’s likely a matter of practical difficulty, btw there is also Evola’s instruction on Power which desires itself, and consequently “Do something only for doing it”.
A way that I already tried a bit is to do many sigil spells (e.g. Bardon, Goetia…), one about dating Jane Doe, others may concern a trip to Greece, having that certain appliance, download movies/music etc. Given my pull for Evocation I can also attempt full-blown summonings, and E.A. said to put the emphasis on having fun.

I’ve been doing the ritual in the book angels of alchemy every Sunday, I think it’s angel of surrender, I ask him to help me let go of lust for result and detach from my magic , I really feel free !

1 Like

I was pondering this topic tonight when something occurred to me. In The Book of Thoth, Crowley speaks of “lust of result”. It’s in regard to XV. THE DEVIL. The card refers to the zodiac sign of Capricorn. Crowley states:

The sign of Capricornus is rough, harsh, dark, even blind; the impulse to create takes no account of reason, custom, or foresight. It is divinely unscrupulous, sublimely careless of result.

Crowley then goes on to quote from The Book of the Law (the central sacred text of Thelema), which was dictated to him by his personal Holy Guardian Angel, a discarnate entity named Aiwass:

“thou hast no right but to do thy will. Do that, and no other shall say nay. For pure will, unassuaged of purpose, delivered from the lust of result, is every way perfect.”

Perhaps one of the best ways to stop lusting for results is to turn to THE DEVIL and invoke the essence of Capricornus.
Being a Cancer sun sign myself, the opposite sign in astrology to Capricorn, if I can do it then anyone can.

4 Likes

Try this on if the situation is evadiing you: Come to peace with not getting it.

Belial taught me about the state of being and how it’s quite possibly the most powerful manifestation force in your existence. When amazing things come my way I’m being someone, not doing something. If you’re slaying it in business you’re being an entrepreneuer in every way. If you’re rocking it in your dating life you’re being the sort of person who gets those results.

If you’re lusting after a person you’ve cast a love working for (and this is why you’re reading this thread isn’t it? Most of you anyway) you are not being receptive to them, you are being dependent on the outcome of getting what you seek. It puts your state of being in a state of wanting something, not in the state of getting it. Wave state vs frozen (particle) state.

I’m willing to bet you’ve never had anything show up when you were looking at it. Water doesn’t boil on the astral if you absolutely need to see it boil. If you let it boil, it will.

The answer to avoiding this whole thing is to accept the situation as it is and just let whatever is going to happen happen. That’s when you have influence over the situation. That’s when your spells will finally work. By needing it too much you freeze the situation in place. Too much intensity. Let it go by accepting it.

Unless of course you have direct influence over the situation, in which case you’d probably be on a war path in the material world on your own

11 Likes

Sounds incredibly stupid but I treat it the same way I would handle driving my car into a service station. The folks at the repair shop will take care of it somehow and I don’t have to call every ten minutes and ask how things are going.
I just assume that results will show up and thats it for me.

7 Likes

@Norski you hit the nail pretty hard awesome post once again !!!

Just these days I was about to write that a possible approach is to practice almost as if one was doing a meditation or ritual for spiritual growth: Nadi Shodhana, repetition of Om, Vipassana… At least personally I don’t look for results (although I experience effects), I just do the exercise.
I also noticed that being exhausted may be mistaken for “having consumed it all”. After pausing for a moment, if I give it another try, I find that there is still some desire and emotion that I may send to a Spirit or out in the universe. Fortunately I began to feel not simply tired but powerful, it took a while but the process may be somewhat pleasant.