Share your best way to stop lusting for results

I was pondering this topic tonight when something occurred to me. In The Book of Thoth, Crowley speaks of “lust of result”. It’s in regard to XV. THE DEVIL. The card refers to the zodiac sign of Capricorn. Crowley states:

The sign of Capricornus is rough, harsh, dark, even blind; the impulse to create takes no account of reason, custom, or foresight. It is divinely unscrupulous, sublimely careless of result.

Crowley then goes on to quote from The Book of the Law (the central sacred text of Thelema), which was dictated to him by his personal Holy Guardian Angel, a discarnate entity named Aiwass:

“thou hast no right but to do thy will. Do that, and no other shall say nay. For pure will, unassuaged of purpose, delivered from the lust of result, is every way perfect.”

Perhaps one of the best ways to stop lusting for results is to turn to THE DEVIL and invoke the essence of Capricornus.
Being a Cancer sun sign myself, the opposite sign in astrology to Capricorn, if I can do it then anyone can.

4 Likes

Try this on if the situation is evadiing you: Come to peace with not getting it.

Belial taught me about the state of being and how it’s quite possibly the most powerful manifestation force in your existence. When amazing things come my way I’m being someone, not doing something. If you’re slaying it in business you’re being an entrepreneuer in every way. If you’re rocking it in your dating life you’re being the sort of person who gets those results.

If you’re lusting after a person you’ve cast a love working for (and this is why you’re reading this thread isn’t it? Most of you anyway) you are not being receptive to them, you are being dependent on the outcome of getting what you seek. It puts your state of being in a state of wanting something, not in the state of getting it. Wave state vs frozen (particle) state.

I’m willing to bet you’ve never had anything show up when you were looking at it. Water doesn’t boil on the astral if you absolutely need to see it boil. If you let it boil, it will.

The answer to avoiding this whole thing is to accept the situation as it is and just let whatever is going to happen happen. That’s when you have influence over the situation. That’s when your spells will finally work. By needing it too much you freeze the situation in place. Too much intensity. Let it go by accepting it.

Unless of course you have direct influence over the situation, in which case you’d probably be on a war path in the material world on your own

11 Likes

Sounds incredibly stupid but I treat it the same way I would handle driving my car into a service station. The folks at the repair shop will take care of it somehow and I don’t have to call every ten minutes and ask how things are going.
I just assume that results will show up and thats it for me.

7 Likes

@Norski you hit the nail pretty hard awesome post once again !!!

Just these days I was about to write that a possible approach is to practice almost as if one was doing a meditation or ritual for spiritual growth: Nadi Shodhana, repetition of Om, Vipassana… At least personally I don’t look for results (although I experience effects), I just do the exercise.
I also noticed that being exhausted may be mistaken for “having consumed it all”. After pausing for a moment, if I give it another try, I find that there is still some desire and emotion that I may send to a Spirit or out in the universe. Fortunately I began to feel not simply tired but powerful, it took a while but the process may be somewhat pleasant.