“Share A Quote” Thread

" Logic has no place in running the affairs of the world"
Uncle Chukie

YAY!!
Special Ed from crank yankers

1 Like

Some of my favourite messiahs are dead. You may perhaps be nervous that the ends are wearing thin

(A Forest of Stars, Virtus Sola Invicta, taken from the Album “Beware the sword you cannot see”)

1 Like

Never be afraid to tread the path alone. Know which is your path and follow it wherever it may lead you; do not feel you have to follow in someone else's footsteps. - Eileen Caddy

1 Like

3 Likes

“You do not realize what we have here. In our very hands, we hold the cosmic forces of creation itself, in our very hands! We can shape life! Take it apart, put it together again, mold it like putty.” ~Dr.Cyclops

“You know that horrible feeling where wherever you go, people stop you and say ‘Hey! You’re the Eat It guy aren’t you!’ NO! No you haven’t! 'cause I’m the Eat It guy!” ~Weird Al

“We were friends before we met.” ~Robert Plant

“I see that I’ve become a really bad correspondent. It’s not that I don’t think of you.
You come into my thoughts often. But when you do it appears to me that I owe you a particularly grand letter. And so you end in the “warehouse of good intentions”:
“Can’t do it now.” “Then put it on hold.” This is one’s strategy for coping with old age,
and with death–because one can’t die with so many obligations in storage.
Our clever species, so fertile and resourceful in denying its weaknesses.”
― Saul Bellow

“A King’s head must not be given into a slave’s hands.” - King Seong of Baekje

1 Like

“I knew a man once who said, Death smiles at us all. All a man can do is smile back.” - Maximus (Gladiator)

1 Like

“A wise man ought always to follow the paths beaten by great men, and to imitate those who have been supreme, so that if his ability does not equal theirs, at least it will savour of it. Let him act like the clever archers who, designing to hit the mark which yet appears too far distant, and knowing the limits to which the strength of their bow attains, take aim much higher than the mark, not to reach by their strength or arrow to so great a height, but to be able with the aid of so high an aim to hit the mark they wish to reach.”

[Niccolò Machiavelli, The Prince]

" Learning is not child’s play; we cannot learn without pain."- Aristotle

1 Like

We live in a Society
A Society We live in.

-Joker meem 2019

1 Like

“the only thing to fear is fear itself”-Teddy Roosevelt

But ye have borne the tabernacle of your Moloch and Chiun your images, the star of your God , which ye made to yourselves.
— Amos 5:26

“If you are stuck in a loop, try walking in a straight line”
From Westworld.
Damn this show is so underrated

3 Likes

“The titties are out today!”

• Robin Williams, Live on Broadway 2002
1 Like

“We love darkness, we wear masks and make-up to be in darkness, it makes us the resplendent creatures we so like to resemble. It is essential that our gesture is beautiful. Any gesture out of suffering is beautiful and deserves respect. Even if that gesture remains invisible because it was born in darkness. Your pride must be able to undergo shame in order to attain glory”

taken from Miracle of the Rose by Jean Genet

3 Likes

“I can call the spirits from the vasty deep.
Why, so can I, or so can any man;
But will they come, when you do call for them?”

King Henry IV, Part 1
Shakespeare

3 Likes

In the year of the primal course, In the dawn of terrestrial birth. Man mastered the mammoth and horse and man was the lord of the earth. He made him an hollow skin from the heart of an holy tree, he compassed the earth their in and man was the lord of the sea. He controlled the vigor of steam, he harnessed the lightning for hire. He drove the celestial team and man was the lord of the fire. Deep mouthed from their thrones deep seated the choirs of the aeons declare. The last of the demons defeated for man is the lord of the air. Arise O Man, in thy Strength the kingdom is thine to inherit. Till the high gods witness at length that man is the lord of his spirit.-Aleister Crowley

1 Like

“The unexamed life is not worth living”

~Socrates