“Share A Quote” Thread

Each player must accept the cards life deals him or her: but once they are in hand, he or she alone must decide how to play the cards in order to win the game - Voltaire

10 Likes

“The day which we fear as our last is but the birthday of eternity.”
-Seneca

5 Likes

Some of Dodie Smith Quotes that are my favourites.

• “Noble deeds and hot baths are the best cures for depression.”

• “Contemplation seems to be about the only luxury that costs nothing.”

• “Time takes the ugliness and horror out of death and turns it into beauty.”

• “I have noticed that when things happen in one’s imaginings, they never happen in one’s life.”

• “I don’t like the sound of all those lists he’s making - it’s like taking too many notes at school; you feel you’ve achieved something when you haven’t.”

4 Likes

‘I can do this all day long’

4 Likes

Don’t let one minute, one day, ruin the rest of your fucking life, man. - O.G. Badger

6 Likes

“A good friend will help you move, but a best friend will help you move a dead body.” - Jim Hayes

5 Likes

“No, no, no… Don’t kill him! If you kill them, he won’t learn nothing!”

-Riddler

5 Likes

Better to be hated for who you are then loved for who you are not- unknown

6 Likes

“The more you sweat in practice, the less you bleed in battle.”

11 Likes

“To know, to dare, to will, and to keep silent.”

-E. Levi (I think)

5 Likes

And a few from King Paimon while working my dead end security job.

“This [life] is not for you.”
“You are better than…this.”

And one from Lucifer prior to showing me the Abyss.
“Get ready for a journey,”

6 Likes

“I slept with faith and found a corpse in my arms on awakening; I drank and danced all night with doubt and found her a virgin in the morning.”
-Master Therion

4 Likes

Be humble or the Universe will humble you.

6 Likes

“But say, my brothers, what can the child do that even the lion could not do? Why must the preying lion still become a child? The child is innocence and forgetting, a new beginning, a game, a self-propelled wheel, a first movement, a sacred “Yes”. For the game of creation, my brothers, a sacred “Yes” is needed: the spirit now wills his own will, and he who had been lost to the world now conquers his own world”.

Friedrich Nietzsche from “Thus Spoke Zarathustra” (The First Part: On the Three Metamorphoses)

4 Likes

5 Likes

“If you’re going through hell, keep going” - Churchill

“The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is.” - Churchill

“Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm” - Churchill

“Better to have him inside the tent pissing out, than outside the tent pissing in” - LBJ

Neither a wise man or a brave man lies down on the tracks of history to wait for the train of the future to run over him. - Eisenhower

5 Likes

they should kick Felicity out and it would be perfect

This was a message as well as a quote.

“Ordinary morality is only for ordinary people.”

-Aleister Crowley

8 Likes

"With the 37 keys of the changer of ways we open the way for our brothers.

With the Thousand Whispers of the Lord of excess, we call to them.

With the 12 plagues of the Lord of decay, we fell their enemies.

And with the mighty axe of the Lord of skulls, we would carve open the world for them."

Some weird Warhammer thing I came across. It sounds cool as hell, and I like saying it in order to scare stupid people away.

3 Likes