Shadow work methods

Can anyone list off a few methods of shadow work for beginners? I’ve tried using the mirror method and it didn’t work for me while writing down a personal question and writing everything that comes to mind seems to get a response. I’m curious about other methods and seeing which works for me so any help is appreciated.

4 Likes

I dunno if this is what your asking for but it’s what came to mind, so one thing you practice is forming an orb in one hand while your shadow has both hands in the same place then transfer the orb from one hand to the other building mass then move your arms so your hands now cast two different shadows then transfer the orb from hand to hand and if you got enough energy ino the orb you’ll see a shadow move between your two hands, you can also make orb in-between both hands then pull orb into a cylinder between both hands as you watch the shadow and see a line between both hands.

4 Likes

Very interesting but not exactly what I’m looking for. That sounds more like umbrakinesis than what I was looking for. I appreciate you trying to help anyways.

1 Like

I tried thanx for appreciating even if it wasnt what you were looking for

@Czar_Lish
Hey Sharon this person wants to know about shadow magic can you tell slash show him about the mantra for causing your shadow to be who appears when gazing into the mirror I think that’s the kind of thing he’s looking for.

2 Likes

This is the exercise I used- hope it helps! Lmk if you have any questions

6 Likes

I tried the mirror one last night and didn’t get any results but this makes me want to give it another try. This walking method seems doable as well.

3 Likes

Tarot
Qlipphoth pathworking
DH Thornes Shadownomicon

you can find books to help with all of these

5 Likes

How does tarot work with shadow work? Do you just ask a personal question and analyze the answer?

There’s probably multiple ways and you could dothat sure… You can also work the major arcana from a reverse meaning perspective.

More info:

3 Likes

It’s all just meditation and intention , find the negative beliefs that pop up in your reality and what aggravates you about others expressing certain aspects of themselves and heal it

1 Like

I see. That seems to be the common theme here.

1 Like

@Mulberry Just got done with that and used tarot during my journaling. Very effective, thank you.

3 Likes

So glad it worked out for you :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Oh yeah, I’m going to keep it up. This feels like it’s going to be my goto.

2 Likes

Focus on your insecurities and continue feeling them for a while then push them outside you and allow these feelings of insecurity take on whatever shape they like and it will slowly manifest as your shadow

1 Like

For me the best way is the mirror meditation at night and have some candlelight shine a bit of one side of the face, other side is dark. I’m prone to anxiety so only could do several minutes at first. Plus the shadows in the room distort so much which really accesses my fears.

I think Hecate is guiding me too here as to find ways to get better results, since I have wanted to learn shadow work for years and tons of writing barely even got to the surface of my issues. This exercise has been helping me with emotional problems but it was very hard in the beginning.

3 Likes

I just tried the mirror method again last night and it worked just like it was written. Although it may have been a bit too dark since I could barely see my shadow self but I’m pretty sure I saw a change. Nothing really happened I just spoke to it for a minute or so before stopping. Going to try for longer next time.

1 Like

Great, glad it’s working well for you! Yeah I saw a subtle change at first and then my whole face changed and we just made faces at each other until it went back to normal. I should use words to talk to her next time…did yours respond? Just curious because I don’t know anyone else who’s done this one specifically
Thanks for writing your experience- also helps me learn how I can do it better too

1 Like

No my shadow didn’t seem to respond, only shift around a bit. It was also super dark and I couldn’t see him very clearly but Im pretty sure there was movement. I only tried talking to him for a minute or so before deciding it was good enough.
@Czar_Lish

1 Like

I just realized that I never asked this before. What are you supposed to do when you’re staring at your shadow self?

1 Like