Servitor vessel

Dear world,

I would like to ask if anyone has any experience with making the physical vessel of your servitor a part of your body.

I’ve finished the Damon Brand book and his take on it says it’s fine, while others say it’s not advisable.

What do you guys think? What are your experiences?

Sincerely,
JG

1 Like

It’s possible, personally I’d go for having it reside in a tattoo rather than my actual body. But semantics.

5 Likes

I don’t have experience with this. But one thing I would question before proceeding is the nature of the servitor you’re creating. If it’s anything baneful, you might not want to house that energy in your own body. But that’s just my own humble opinion. :sparkles:

5 Likes

Yes, I have experience with using the body as a physical vessel. I have a servitor housed in my Anahata chakra.

3 Likes

Unfortunately I do not have experience in such with servitors, however, making a physical vessel (or physical connection) for any spirit can be excellent.

I had one whose purpose is to take harmful energies and convert them, when I was working with a lot of death and decaying energies.

I could see the use case for something that benefits you in a similar manner. But if it acts on others, people may sense that and be repelled. Unless that’s the purpose, of course.

1 Like

I’ve done this with one of my tattoos. It’s not much different than enchanting a piece of jewelry you wear a lit. Both exist inside the various fields of your energy bodies.

The other situation it’s related to is the state of being permanently partially processed, which is more like absorbing qualities of the entity into your personality.

Did they give any reason for this?

2 Likes

Dear Mulberry,

The major reason I’ve gathered is that there were situations in which the servitor “turned” on the creator and the fact that they resided in the Host’s body just made it worse. Strange for me, because Damon Brand says that they’re completely safe.

I don’t really know what to believe.

Sincerely,
JG

1 Like

Interesting. There’s a lot of factors we don’t know so it’s hard to say, including perception, assumption and fear on the part of the mage. The big question is why would your own servitor turn on you at all?
I actually would have thought the opposite, as your body is your territory, it should give you more power over an intruder not less. You have the high ground, so to speak.

@Keteriya This question seems more up your alley. Have you ever seen servitors go rogue like this?

2 Likes

An example given by Brand was homing a servitor on the tip of his tongue. I mean, I find this awfully convenient and makes everything for me expediently faster.

The first servitor I was thinking of creating was made to permanently remove someone from existence, so I understand the concerns of those who say that keeping negative energies like this on your own body can be harmful.

I don’t know, though. I’d figure my own servitor, being a part of myself, wouldn’t try screwing with me.

Sincerely,
JG

I’ve heard about servotors going Rouge, because they aren’t just spiritual beings that have no goals but to serve you.

they start to develop their own conscious (if you aren’t careful) and cam turn on you thats why Damon brand also advises a way to kill them if needed.

Personally I’ve never seen a servitor go rogue, I believe this idea stems from the concept that thoughtforms (not servitors) develop their own being overtime, which not necessarily more or so that if you do not continue to feed a thoughtform it will become more of a negative leech. Servitors on the other hand will shut down when no longer fed. Neither servitors nor thoughtforms become their own entities without external influence. It’s quite possible those that have had their thoughtforms turn on them was a completely different scenario.

3 Likes

Nope never, but I’ve from what I’ve read most of the older articles/books written on the subject do give warnings like this. It varies from being sure you kill the servitor after your done with it, to being careful to give them plenty of food from a source outside of the personal self to prevent them from becoming parasitic.

I think the only real reasons something like this would happen would be either

a.) insufficient energy source, or
b.) somehow abusing the fck of the servitor ( I mean they are spirits too, right? so maybe?)
c.) not programming the servitor sufficiently. For example I program all of mine that they need to be summoned to take new orders from whomever they belong to- simply thinking about giving a task or making a change to the servitor Will not work, period- because then we might have times we are contemplating things, and wouldn’t it be a shame if the servitor took the thoughts as orders, rather than waiting- we might change our mind or any number of things.

I also build all of my servitors with a kill switch unless I’m told the by they mage they do not want one, but I’ve never had anyone use it yet.

I would feel like I failed if they needed to though, because I try to make servitors thst are going to be around and effective for a long time, not for a short duration types of magic/single tasks.

4 Likes

Dear Keteriya,

Thank you for your answer. I feel a lot better about this!

Pardon me if I take advantage of the fact that you’ve answered by asking you this:

I’ve read that Damon Brand is a copy of John Kreiter in regards to servitors.

Do you recommend I read J. K.'s book? Is he any good and/or reliable?

Sincerely,
JG

1 Like

Well. It’s as good as any other resource, and he does use a quick sketch to help you have an idea of what the servitor will look like, and to focus on. I like that he stresses intent is the important part- I agree. I don’t really need to know how to do something to create a servitor thst can learn to do it, if my intent is clear and strong and if there is a way they can learn to the job as they are tasked- they simply just will.

It is similar to pretty much all other works on the topic. I think most methods are similar however, and honestly I just took what felt right to me- a little bit from here, a little from there and a little just working on instinct- to get to my own process.

4 Likes