Scrying mirror: right way to paint it?

Hello everybody!

It’s been months since I’ve posted anything else here, in fact I fell into a vortex of chaos that made it impossible for me to sit down and write about my progress. I don’t want to dwell on this, as it is not the central question of the post, but I can say that my connection with Belial has evolved a lot in the meantime, and with that, unpredictability, instability and sudden changes have become something very common. It literally turned, and is turning, my life upside down.

Not to mention that I often feel his presence around me.

Later, or another day, I updated my other thread (The Path of an Aspirant) and I’ll talk more about these “changes” there…

Well, even before posting I had already searched for this “topic” before and didn’t find what I wanted, so I took the liberty of making a post of my own…

This is my scrying mirror, I would like to know if yours, when you was painted, stayed out like this?

From the pictures I’ve seen here on the forum, and elsewhere, the mirror’s reflection was still sharp, as if it were from the mirror itself and not a painting.

I honestly didn’t like the end result, and I would like advice on what to do to improve…

Detail: I already consecrated it, using the methods of a book, which I don’t remember which it was at the time, but which basically said to “…draw the symbol of the moon, or attributed to it, on the surface of the mirror and leave it all night under the moonlight of the full moon. That way the mirror would absorb the premonitory powers…” or something like that, I don’t remember exactly what it said.
6b63e8878fc7c93119affa108c642eb5

(The first two photos are the example and the last ones are of my mirror)

Anyway, what are your thoughts and advice on this?

1 Like

It looks like the front surface was painted instead of the back? That’s why it’sa little dull.

You could cover with a more glossy paint?

Did this start as a regular mirror? If not, and the glass is see through, you can take the back off and flip the glass over so the black is on the back side and it will look deep and shiny.

Black mirrors are made of picture frames or have the silvering cleaned off, so you can replace the silver with black.

1 Like

Best success I had was with glossy enamel spray paint on the back side of the glass in a picture frame.

Somehow it gets a surreal effect like you’re looking into the mirror.

I often see flat black recommended, but I disagree with that as I found it a bit lacking for my liking.

Lemme see if I got a pic laying around …

Here we go:

1 Like

Yes, it was painted on the front, in reality it is a two-sided mirror, that is, there are two mirrors on both sides. It has no frame. Because at first I thought it would be a good way to “fool” my family, when they asked me why I didn’t use it, so I would show them the unpainted part.

The spray I used was a matte black, but since I didn’t get the desired result I’m going to try the shiny black.
And thanks for the recommendations, I think the best solution is to buy another one and do it right this time

1 Like

Your mirror turned out amazing, the glow of the candle didn’t look like mine, maybe that’s because I used matte black spray paint…
I will get a new mirror, this time a little bigger, and see if there is a difference between the types of paints

2 Likes