S. Conolly's writings

What is your opinion about S. Conolly’s writings? Is there something about it when she says that demons don’t pick side and actually can swift it? Conolly talks about how a demon who was send to harm her instead warned her.

4 Likes

She’s a good author and more traditional than GOM types of books but not overly traditional.

3 Likes

I’ve heard of that warning phenomenon occuring in other cases too. Interesting,is it a case of the summoned demon chooses not work with Magician A and chooses instead to warn magician B.

Is this based on the preference of the demon in question?
Is this based on the relative strength and skill of the summoners.
Did one summoner already have a pre-existing relationship with either Magician A or B.

Im genuinely curious.

I once had a thread on this that you should check out, very insightful.

2 Likes

Thanks I’ll check this out now.

Are the best for modern demonolaters

1 Like

She also played it very smart offering many of her books on kindle unlimited except the core book to make most of those work :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Oh wow

1 Like

Which one is that?

1 Like

Connolly is a good writer, and she has some great techniques. However, she also has a tendency for religious preaching, making claims akin to those Christians like to make (I mean, drawing a simple circle around a demon’s seal is somehow offensive to it? Really? C’mon, that’s just silly, and not borne out by any actual experience).

6 Likes

“The Daemonolater’s Guide to Daemonic Magick” you’ll need for the free books on kindle unlimited. The book of agares explains how to make oil of agares though etc but you have to buy that one.

2 Likes

I still haven’t found any grounds to the excessive warning about having sharp objects around when you call upon Anpu/Anubis either…

4 Likes

I agree, sometimes a circle makes it easier to focus. It’s like the reticle on an eotech red dot sight.

3 Likes

Well she does admit to having blinds in most of her books to weed out the nooblets, so I half wonder if it’s religious prattle or if it’s nonsense she thinks will throw off anyone whose not actually built a solid background to their practice. :woman_shrugging:t3:

If you read her books and have not practiced any, as we sometimes see people here repeating the circles around sigils thing or at least ask about it and what not…

You wouldn’t know any better.

But then it’s such a minor thing, (the circles around sigils) that it’s not a very good blind- if that’s the intentions.

@anon39079500 started with her works/worked with them early on, if I recall correctly, perhaps he has some insight on the subject?

Either way some of it I take with a grain of salt. She doesn’t give you step by step for most things, but she gives you enough to figure it out, if you’ve practice any, or at least read around.

5 Likes

I do. I started with them because Hecate was calling and I had no decent way of calling her forth, which was what I was feeling I should do. She was the reason I got into evocation and I started with The Complete Book of Demonolatry.

But I didn’t like circles from a foray into Wicca back when it’s what I could get my hands on. So, I didn’t use one, preferring to consecrate the while area instead and still doing the nod to the elements.

When I self-initiated, I used parts of this book and Mason’s Draconian Ritual book. It was the only part of the Draconian book I found useful at the time. I do plan on revisiting that one to see if my opinion has changed.

The point is that I read what she wrote, thought about it and what each part meant, then decided whether it was right for my practice. I did do it “correctly” to see if there was a difference. But it was successful either way.

I haven’t read any part of the book in over a year at this point, so if there were specific questions or something that doesn’t feel right to you, ask away.

3 Likes

I’m definitely interested in her belial dowsing book, since it’s a skill I’d love to develop, have you worked through that book at all? I feel like there’s better entities for that niche.

3 Likes

Drawing Down Belial? No, I haven’t. I vaguely recall reading the reviews and deciding against buying it. If it was a Amazon Prime book, I’d probably buy it. I did buy her Spirit Vessels book and enjoyed it. Read it with Prime first and liked it enough to buy it in appreciation.

3 Likes

It’s that book I use a lot fo construct my rituals.

1 Like

I actually have Drawing Down Belial lol

I have several of her books on Kindle, the Book of Agares, Demonic Prosperity Magick, and one of her small chapbooks, Sex Money, and Power. I’ve read others but those are the only ones i actually still have copies of.

I’ve used some of her techniques but I’ve not worked one of her books as written.

3 Likes

Yeah I’m using the book of agares approach for a book of Lucifer :sweat_smile:

3 Likes