!rookie!

Hey everyone I’m Martin
I’m really new to this
I’m a what ppl would call a backsliden Christian
And I’ve always been drawn to the occult practices and topics. so what I’m asking for is
Guidance on where to start. and is there any thing that would give me results tonight. Need to see something of a result tired of hearing the same thing “things take time with Jesus” so get back at me everyone

3 Likes

Buy a general guide to paganism, witchcraft and left hand paths are a good place to start. Also start simple with meditation too.

1 Like

Mediation ok any books on that. That you would recommend?

1 Like

there are loads its probably easier to try a few guided meditations they can be found on youtube. As for books there are loads with different flavours so see what interests you. use your intuition and interests to help guide you to the right one for you.

Thanks. If I can ask where did you start?

This has thread has many gems that can help get ya started

1 Like

Thanks

witchcraft guide by teresa moorey back in the day lol. Then as you grow you develop more paganism, dark paganism, demonology ect…

Your welcome :slight_smile: enjoy exploring.

Thanks I’ll kit and let you know how I’m doimg

“Thanks. If I can ask where did you start?”

I did it in the days before the internet when obscure, high priced or second-hand bookshops and public libraries were all there was. I spent hours in the Mitchell Library Reading Room and paying good money to get material photocopied. You’ve no fucking idea how many shit paperbacks with bare breasted babe (plus snake or feathers) front covers offered you the secrets. All of them were crap, many mind numbingly so. In about the mid-1970s there were a lot of incense shops about selling cheap jewellery, the Rider-Waite deck and sundry crud.

If you wanted to impress yourself you joined AMORC or Scientology – both rhp. Looking back now I realise that there was some really great material at the time. It was Chaos Magic which allowed me access.

You’ve as much chance of becoming a master Magician overnight as you have of becoming a profession concert pianist overnight. Both are disciplines. Both take practice. Research the Taro and the deck which appeals to you. Don’t rush. Take at least a good week to research. Back in the day you had bugger all choice and no way to access those choices, that’s why everyone used the horribly coloured original version Rider-Waite. While researching watch E.A. Koetting on Youtube.

And buy yourself a cheap, ruled page Magickal Journal and learn how to use it.

Al.

3 Likes

Thanks

Those 2 books are the first 2 I ever read. Very good for beginners and very cheap on kindle. I think one is legit only .99… the pink one is good to learn how to feel energy and recognize what it feels like

1 Like

Awesome thanks

1 Like

If you complete them, let me know, i have an arsenal of books that I can recommend that will take you to the next level

Sounds good ttyl