RHP Spiritual cleansing and LHP

I was getting my palm and cards read and the reader suggested spiritual cleaning. Being LHP, is there any harm in having this performed without knowing if the person is RHP or LHP? Could this open me to influences that I might consider negative, though they are thought positive in the mainstream?

1 Like

In my opinion, no. A spiritual cleansing is basically just setting you back to a neutral state. It doesn’t beholden you to any specific entities or currents, even if they do it in the name of the Christian god. Positive energy is positive energy as long as their intention is to only remove the bad stuff, not convert you to their faith.

If you’re really worried, you can always just do a cleansing for yourself. There is information here on the forum for how to do a cleaning bath with herbs and oils, for example.

4 Likes

Be careful if the palm and card reader states that they are the only one who really know how to do that cleansing.
They’ll probably only cleanse you of your money.

6 Likes

If you’re a serious or at least decent practitioner, a lot of this comes down to what you accept and allow and YOUR intention when receiving such a cleansing.

Myself, I utilize various ASMR reiki, cleansing, banishing, and negativity removal videos on YouTube.

It’s also important to consider that unless they make a specific effort otherwise, they’re likely removing what actually sits negatively in your energy or effects you detrimentally.

A lot of this works on a permission basis.

So if you have well aligned energies that youve assimilated into your system, or ibtegrated there should be no reason for those energies to be selected for removal as they aren’t at odds with your well-being.

Imo

4 Likes

I don’t really like other people cleansing me or my space. I don’t care how saintly or how much of an enlightened guru you (think you) are, there’s always some unfiltered energy from some unresolved issue or something that doesn’t compute with energy.

You don’t have to make it very complex as well. I’ve only practiced the occult seriously for little over two years, but as a practioner of black magick and various forms of traditional(-ish) witchcraft. I’ve discovered that I can handle or shake off any type of energy, however sludgy, stagnant or icky as long as I am balanced and happy or even just content.

Moral of the story is. Don’t rely on others to cleanse and banish for you. If you’re a serious occultist the first thing you should learn is to be responsible for your own spiritual hygiene.
It doesn’t matter what technique you use as well. There really isn’t that much difference between RHP and LHP, apart from the personal philosophy on how to go about your spiritual evolution.

[edit] The only thing that is important is finding methods that suit your needs

4 Likes

I agree with the above, and I would add, there’s a lot of good learning, not least about yourself, of you don’t do it yourself. Under the tenet “know thyself:”, I’d say there’s more mileage in doing your own work.

That part. Beware the gatekeepers, they keep you broke, busted, and disgusted and blame you for the scams they run on you.

2 Likes

Would there be a possibility of sharing them?

Sharing what?

So, I ended up getting the cleansing. It involves those 3 foot candles that you see in churches. I assume they need to burn down to nothing. It’s been about three weeks. The reader keeps having me come in to check in and see how things are working. She said it should take a couple of months for the full working.

I have been more positive with more energy and motivation.

How long should something like this normally take? I don’t mind keeping checking in for a little bit, but it’s getting to be where it’s stressful having to go there every week and call in a couple times a week. I want this to be helpful in the end, but I don’t want to be doing this endlessly.

Why you need to go there? I mean, people here already warned you about those kind of people and suggested to do the cleansing by yourself. The reader might be just after your money and convincing you soon again that you need more of their services.

There are various tutorials in this forum and you don’t need experience to perform them. And no, it does not take several months that a basic banishing/cleansing works. However, it should be your repeating routine if you practise magick/read tarots/astral travel or whatever.

I’m sorry but I doubt you are getting any other advice here than ”do your own work”

1 Like

I know that people here offer magical services for others. What she said in the original reading sounded genuine. I figured I would give her one chance to try clearing what she saw.

Unfortunately, I think I am being swindled. She has already said something about more work needed. I am not willing to pay any more money than I already have. I thought it would be a one and done thing. I just wasn’t sure if something like this might take a set amount of time, ie. candle magic sometimes requires burning the candle down for completion of the working.

Also, I mentioned witchcraft last time I saw her and she got all nervous, which shows me she’s not open minded enough to trust anymore.

1 Like

I’m sorry to hear that. The reader might very well be capable of doing good readings but at the same time they might be a swindler too (maybe lacking some money). That at least sounds like a classic scam.

I would recommend to cut all contact, do some cleanse & shielding and if you still feel something external is bothering you and you are hesitant to try more methods on your own you can always write a request to the working thread here (it’s free):

https://forum.becomealivinggod.com/t/request-thread-for-those-who-want-to-practice-working-for-others/160943/1349

1 Like