Rework a servitor

Greetings, how do i rework a servitor? I want to add some stuff.

Which methodology did you use to create it?

If it was Damon Brand’s method from his book, for example, you would call the servitor to you, tell it that you are going to add to its programming, write out the new instructions, and finally, read them out loud, essentially to the servitor, since it is still in front of you.

Then you destroy the original written version of the programming, keeping the new one.

3 Likes

I have used @Keteriya 's method. Would it the same as what you have said about Damon Brand’s version of rework?

3 Likes

Then she would be the one to answer your question. I’ve used Brand’s method, but not hers.

3 Likes

I use essentially a similar approach, first I figure out what I am changing, rewrite the programming- most of mine are digitally saved now, so I just go in make the changes directly in the servitors file, then I summon the servitor, go over the changes, anything I don’t want effected and usually channel the intent into them, and give them an energy boost to support the change.

I don’t consider it reprogrammed until I’ve gone over programming and pushed the new intent into the servitor.

4 Likes

I did recently update two servitors that were paper file to digital and to slightly amend their programming, when I did this, after I summoned the servitor and channeled the intent and energy to them-I burnt the original documents, to signify they were no longer valid.

Probably not necessary, but to me it made it more final.

3 Likes

That’s what Brand recommends as well, though he doesn’t specifically say burn, just destroy. When I retasked Zalania, I did the same thing.

2 Likes

It’s been a while since I read his book, I don’t remember that lmao, but just goes to show - it’s probably not a bad practice to get rid of the old stuff.

I read it about a year before I made my first servitor lol.

2 Likes

Agreed. I treated my summoning of the servitor as basically an evocation so I already had handy candles lit for ambience. Just had to dip the old programming paper into the flame once I was done with the new version.

2 Likes

Thanks guys. I like to have it on paper tbh. Its more personal i think. Plus im scared that when my laptop breaks i lose everything.

2 Likes

Nothing wrong with that. I went all digital because not all of my work is for me, typing is faster and if this computer breaks, with the amount it cost me, I will have bitch fits. It’s also easier to correct a digital file, there’s more than once I’ve rewritten a single page over a single error, up to ten times before I finally accepted I was human. I also find as I age, my writing hand aches easier than it used to.

But everything syncs to other sources as well- a hard copy and a cloud copy so. If I loose all three, then I figure I didn’t need it that bad.

The only paper I keep, is either the sketch or colored art I do for servitors now, and I’ve got a file system for those too, depending on if they were for me or others, sketched or colored and pending or sent off to their homes.

1 Like

:joy:

1 Like

I tend to have unreal expectations for perfection in myself. I’ve always been that way, be it poetry or whatever.

I’ll rewrite and rewrite trying to not make any mistakes and well, the more I do the more I make.

Even art wise, I find I tire much easier than I did as a kid, and my old hands get tired lol.

1 Like

I get what you are saying over the expectations, i sometings expect to much from my servitors or other things too. I think its a human trait.

1 Like