RESEARCH REQUEST: Darkside LBRP

The one you shared is the one from Crowley and it’s so totally awesome. Babalon is one of the best deities to work with. The demonic one is probably on Balg. There is also one made by Orlee which is powerful too.

1 Like

Doesn’t Orlee use the original GD LBRP? I’ve seen her videos showing that.

1 Like

Not really, she uses a dark version, was it with Typhon one of the Gods???

3 Likes

The demonolators have their version, as well. This is the one I’m referring to, which has four major demons in the quarters instead of the archangels.

But there are also MANY versions written by Cicero, as well.

3 Likes

I’ve read that version also. The cool part of that is Connolly in her book on demonaltry recommends the practicioner actually build their own pantheon and assign the spirits they want to work with to the elemental quarters. Very interesting. I might actually try it.

5 Likes

I like that myself.

When I asked the question, I wasn’t really looking for advice so much as I was just curious about how left-hand path magicians use the LBRP, if at all.

When I read the “demonic version,” I kinda thought, “Well, what’s the point, then?” If I’m working with dark spirits, I don’t personally see a need to banish; then again, my rituals do tend to attract shadow people, minions, and other astral nasties that I don’t want to deal with.

So, I’ve been experimenting with using the GD’s classic LBRP, which seems to work fine after evocations or scyring sessions. They still come back, and no one’s complained about it.

I guess, more than anything, I wonder about the demonic version and why that was created and used?

3 Likes

There are alot of practicioners who don’t want anything to do with the angelic end of the spectrum and view it as hostile to thier spirituality. I understand this as my road is also very left side oriented.

The classic LBRP functions exactly how it should and is advertised so that’s why I stick with it. It gets rid of all those nasty astral critters and keeps things clean.

I’ve been exploring other options than the LBRP also because I feel I have an uneasy relationship with the angelic end of the spectrum.

4 Likes

Thank you for your honest response. It’s very much appreciated!

I know what you mean about feeling uncomfortable with the angelic realm. In my case, I used to feel the same, but now I appreciate the balance. I don’t personally see the angelics as enemies or irritants, but find they help my magic just as much as the dark ones do. I realize not everyone here feels the same way. (Maybe it’s my age. :slight_smile: )

Have you tried working with Samael? Now there’s a dark angel I can get behind. :wink:

3 Likes

I’m really trying hard to get to that exact point with it. I think the problem is perhaps there’s some things that I don’t see clearly well enough yet. I’m working on it because that’s the relationship I’d really like to have with it.

3 Likes

Here’s where the change was for me. I had and experience that convinced me that All Is One. Not so much here in this realm, but behind the overall picture, for me, there is no denying it.

Once I realized this, the idea of polarities kind of dissipated. I think these energies really only SEEM to be at odds because both are necessary to create Work, much like the polarities of a magnet. The tension between them can be harnessed for our benefit.

The fucking church has done a great disservice to the angelics. They are nothing like the floofy cherubs and the paintings of Michael being channeled by Lady Broomstick Crystal Weenie (or whatever). They are extremely powerful, mighty beings who not only can constrain the dark ones, but work WITH them. It seems to be to be a great blend of energies, despite the fact I “resonate” much more with the demonic side.

Samael helped a lot in this regard. So did Michael, actually, in his guise as a great General. Their power can be just as intoxicating as the demonic. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I agree about the ALL/ONE I will reflect on what you’ve said. Thank you for sharing your views on that.

3 Likes

I personally see demons and angels as just two sides to the same coin.

4 Likes

People assume if you are LHP that means you work exclusively with demons and dark energies, when this is far from the case. The LHP philosophy is about welding as much power as possible by nearly any means necessary. Working exclusively with demons will limit your range of magick and your energies. Why paint with 72 colors when you could paint with 144+. You feel me?

The original LBRP works extremely well and is much more than a general banishing. I recommend doing it with the middle pillar ritual for 6 months to a year as intended in the golden dawn ritual.

I know use a basic calling developed by the gallery of magick, it’s similar to the LBRP with some differences it’s quicker and I enjoy using it.

1 Like

I agree with all you said here. Personally, I do use the LBRP.

My question was to those who use the demonic version. How does it help one’s ritual? I’m assuming it isn’t for banishing(?)

I have no idea, if I had to guess it’s larp.

I use archangels to banish daily.

My Celtic Adventure LBRP was assigning Ogma/Ogham to the east, Lugh or Brigit in the South, Cerridwen or Danu in the west, and Brigit and Cernunnos in the north. After the god name vibration, I would also vibrate Dagda, while drawing the kerubic sign in each quarter pentagram center.
Then, instead of calling archangels, I would call Powers of the Elements of element at each respective quarter.
It seemed to work well.

2 Likes

Al.

6 Likes

[quote]

A Satanic Pentagram Ritual Facing East With the left hand: Touch Head: AZAZEL Touch Genitals: BELIAL Touch Right Shoulder: ASMODEUS Touch Left Shoulder: ASTAROTH Clasp Hands in front of chest: BAPHOMET [The Names are vibrated!] The pentagrams. [The pentagrams are drawn and visible!] EAST: Lucifer NORTH: Lilith WEST: Leviathan SOUTH: Satan Around me flame the Pentagrams – the Stars of Force and Fire I am Eternal – Infinite and Immortal! Al.
[/quote]

Al.

I like this one, with a nightside qabalistic cross. I tried that, felt empowered.

1 Like

Pentagram circle drawn clockwise or anticlockwise?

Is this as effective as the original GD LBRP?

1 Like

That LBRP I published – just like all the stuff I post here – is crap. I’ve never used it. My advice is don’t practice it! Anticlockwise, but doesn’t matter.

Al.

1 Like