Removing All Limitations [The Path of Smoke]

I accepted Ahriman’s invitation and challenge to work through the Path of Smoke. And it is most certainly a challenge.

Everything I’ve experienced since I began this journey has forced me to see and confront a Limitation I’ve placed upon myself … or accepted a Limitation that others had placed upon me.

I haven’t spoken about it in public, but I recently experienced a magickal attack. It was a minor nuisance at best, but it started really pissing me off.

I allowed the attack to stay trapped in a certain part of my body until I decided how to handle the situation. And the more I felt it, the more angry I became.

And then the truly dark thoughts entered my mind, gifts from Ahriman.

A few months ago, those thoughts would have frightened me.

You see, my girlfriend has some very nasty and creative ideas for revenge. She hasn’t acted on any of them, but the ideas themselves truly frightened me and I could see the darkness dwelling within her.

But this night, my ideas frightened her. And I was perfectly fine with that.

I chose not to act upon them, but rather to discuss them with her. A King has his Council, after all. :smiling_imp:

And as I let me anger go, the Limitation I was placing upon myself, I began to see the dangers that Kurtis warned about within “The Black Magick of Ahriman”.

I can learn to harness these powers for the real battle … or I can embrace my own self-destruction.

The moment I realized this, Ahriman spoke these words in my mind … “Think like a God, not like a Man.”

So I did. I considered how the gods and goddesses have taught me lessons for my own evolution.

Sometimes the lessons were painful, but they were always designed to give me the option of evolving or not. It was my decision that determined my own fate.

As I began to ponder this, I focused on what I could do to these two black magickians to help them evolve. And several more, somewhat gentler and certainly far kinder, methods entered my mind.

In the end, I chose to store whatever energy they send my way and to turn it to my own purposes at a later date. Thank you for your thoughtful gift. :smiling_imp:

The next day, I received another very powerful gift from Ahriman … a very potent magickal technique I will only share with the two people I was told to share it with. When the time is right.

In the end, Ahriman doesn’t care what choice I make. He shows me the Limitations and challenges me to remove them.

So far, I’m up to the challenge. And one way or another, I will learn.

9 Likes

One of the most difficult Limitations I’ve had to confront came the morning I performed the Rite of Consecration on the Black Book of Ahriman.

There is a phrase within the original version of the Dark Staot where the sorcerer proclaims a himself a Priest of Ahriman.

That was difficult for me to do.

My own issues with religious programming have lead me to think of a priest as a servant that worships their god.

But when you look at it from the historical perspective, it was often a person who could with the god and allow the god to speak to his followers through his priest.

My other problem with claiming that title is that I don’t like to serve as a go-between. I have fulfilled that role lately when I was asked to, but I don’t want people to start looking to me for their own answers.

Everything I share here at BALG is done with one purpose … to help other people make enough progress to receive their own personal gnosis.

The last thing I want is to become is another barrier between the Seeker and their own Truth.

It took a lot of soul searching and discussion with Ahriman, but I finally reached the point where I was willing to proclaim myself as his Priest during the Rite.

Now, let’s see how well I can live it.

Yay, more challenges.

Valkarath groans as he picks himself up off the mat, bruised and limping.

Yes, Sensei. lol

7 Likes

And there you have it, we have a priest in our midst.

Long live Valkarath, Priest of Ahriman!

I really did clap and spoke that out loud.

Will you continue to be known as Valkarath?

4 Likes

Thank you, Rahnoren. I truly appreciate it. We need a “bows respectfully” emoji. lol

I will here at BALG. I have a secret god-name that the spirits acknowledge and call me by.

4 Likes

I think with my personality type a title of priest personlly would limit my growth learning, egos are a dangerous characteristic I am a rightous seeker of the light

The ego is yet another Limitation. And by accepting the challenge of proclaiming myself a Priest of Ahriman, I released another layer of my own ego. And another Limitation.

Every choice I make leads to a different lesson.

4 Likes

Yeah that’s awesome I’m happy for you that’s your calling path I was just saying with me I’d get a big head get lazy think I was a God before learning to become one we are one

On the other side I agree that would remove limitations

1 Like

I understand. Those are traps we can all fall into.

1 Like

I think I would what direction fits some doesn’t with others!

your point in it removes limitations in confidence to further motivate the practioner has valid argument

1 Like

YES! Reflection, contemplation and coming to honestly know yourself. VERY GOOD! I knew the trials I faced would be worth it. This is real growth taking root. Much can flourish from this simple reflective process.

5 Likes

The context of “Priest” within this current is more true to ancient standards of the priestly caste. A priest of Ahriman is one who serves by performing spiritual work which seeks to protect his/her people (in the case of the priestess). The worship is a factor, however it is not to worship any God, but rather to revere ones own unlimited potential and the process of seeking to embody it here in this world. It is to adore the concept of a liberated human race which does not merely survive in the world but THRIVE.

The Apostle of Ahriman is not a “go between”. We serve as examples of empowered people which inspire others to become through evil thought, evil word, and evil deed. When you begin to apply these in practical ways you will see how you are not a human filter for these ancient Gods but rather an example of one which will cause people to become inspired to become something greater. You will seem “off” if not “odd” but that is the premise. People will notice something. Your virtues will be more authentic and acts of charity will be done because you are simply a God with the power to bless and/or curse according to will.

5 Likes

Thanks for sharing your insight, Kurtis. It helps.

5 Likes

Hell yeah!!! All of it!!! Especially now as of the start of this current.

3 Likes