Recommended Books to Learn the Tarot Fully?

I want to learn Tarot more fully so I’m looking for a more complete book on it. Preferably, one that includes the Kabbalistic, Astrological and Elemental association of each card. As much depth as possible would be great.
Any suggestions?

4 Likes

Bump

Lon Milo Duquette is one of the best authors on tarot, his books are direct, to the point.

3 Likes

If you’re using The Rider Waite deck honestly Rider Waite’s book is great.

1 Like

I recommend Golden Dawn Magic Tarot by Chic Cicero. It is a very thorough tarot/book set to get your feet wet.

1 Like

Thank you very much for the suggestion @Rav, his ‘Tarot of Ceremonial Magick’ looks exactly like what I’m looking for. Is it not sold in ebook format? I see on Amazon it’s only available in paperback.

I might get it some time, thanks for the suggestion. I’ve read his ‘Pictorial Key to the Tarot’ before and did not find it very helpful. Is this better?

Oh no I’m not looking for a deck. Thanks for the suggestion though.

2 Likes

Hello the deck comes with a very in depth book about symbolism, kabbala, astrology, and the elements. Happy searching :blush:

1 Like

Good question… Maybe some eBook websites? Now that you asked about it, it seems most of his works are in paper format. He is like over 70 years old so probably he prefers physical books!? :man_shrugging: anyways, the guy is not only a magi but a genius too… plays guitar very good and has a pleasent nice voice. He is awesome.

1 Like

Lon Milo Duquette’s Understanding Aleister Crowley’s Thoth Tarot is hands down the most resourceful book I’ve read when it comes to understanding the Thoth deck. In addition to explaining tarot he adds a lot of other priceless esoteric gems as well.

When it really comes down to it though the only way to really learn tarot and begin to understand it fully is to practice it regularly, and keep records of your spreads as well as a magick diary so you can cross reference. It’s true that each card represents specific principles at their core but what one card means to you personally might not be entirely the same as what it means to someone else.

1 Like

Ahh might have that as my next deck then, thanks a lot for the suggestion, it’s good to know it has well-thought out symbolism. Just the range of Tarot decks sold in my are quite limited, so I’m keeping it to books for now.

I managed to find it sold on eBooks.com, not sure why Amazon does not offer an eBook version as it seems the publisher supplied it specifically. I’ll buy it later, thanks again for the suggestion :slight_smile:

I have actually listened to his music before haha, I actually really like it. Especially his song ‘Roman Rider’.

That’s very true, and luckily I do keep records of every proper divinatory reading I do, and have been for years. But I’m just looking for more information on the Tarot that I can use and let the readings flow smoother. So thanks for the suggestion :slight_smile:

That’s true, one can read the Tarot very intuitively. However, coming from traditional Astrological Geomancy, I prefer more solid systems than reading completely intuitively. I read the Tarot the same way, that I fits a specific system, and intuition rather builds from that.

1 Like

I have been reading ‘Tarot of Ceremonial Magick’ and contemplating on it, it is really amazing, pretty much exactly what I was looking for. I thought the cards in my readings would hold a different meaning after reading it but after observing some of my previous readings I find the information is not in conflict but in harmony with the knowledge I already had, this just opens the gate to far deeper understanding.

Do you also have a book on the Tree of Life in Kaballah to recommend me that will go together with this?

It’s been quite a while since I did readings on here publicly (for Astral parasite reasons. I won’t be doing readings regarding any spirits) but after going through this I may start a thread and offer some readings.

1 Like

Kabbalah??? Not really cause Iggdrasil the nordic one is better

1 Like