Questions about making an altar + Introduction

So, I’m 16 and live with my family. I want to practice with my demon Az (no, he’s not related to the demon by the same name). We’ve been interested in setting up an altar, mostly for him but if I also start working closely with other entities. I don’t want my family to know, since my parents were raised Christian. Their beliefs currently are unknown to me, so I’m wary.

I plan on hiding it in the bottom drawer of my dresser, since I don’t use it and it’s big. I can’t have an open flame in my room, but I do own an oil diffuser I use every now and again. I have Az’s sigil and I know the things he likes, some of which are salty foods like saltines. I don’t want to risk leaving food out because I hate bugs, so I eat the food for him in a way, and he gets enjoyment out of it. He may like sweets too but I’m not sure yet. I have a “candle”, but it’s just a glorified piece of plastic with an LED in it that probably won’t fit in the drawer.

I really want to practice and make an altar, but keep it hidden, and I have some other candidate spots in my room but they’re out in the open. I could try covering them, though. Any advice is greatly appreciated, and any tips on what I can put on the altar would be great. Thank you.

1 Like

Welcome @BioCraftHero It is a rule of this forum for all new members to properly introduce themselves, so please tel us about yourself and any experience you may have in magick. This post tells us nothing beyond your age.

Where do you hail from?

What do you practice, and how long have you practiced it?

What systems or traditions do you have experience in?

What areas of magick are you interested in?

This is important information to include in a proper introduction, so plase answer the questions.

I’m not sure what you mean with where I hail from, but I’m from west coast United States.

My practice is demon-centric. I kinda started it early March and called it “Hiwazism” because Az came up with the name while we were brainstorming. It’s basically about working with demons in particular and gives people like me a way to identify. I felt “demonology” didn’t fit, and idk why.

I don’t have any systems or traditions. I’m not from a family that’s been doing what I do.

I’m mostly interested in working with demons. I do deal with angels every now and again, but I don’t plan on engaging with them.

I hope this helps.

So you basically pracitce a system you made up yourself, a la Chaos Magick?

Thank you for elucidating more. I have edited your title to reflect that you have proved enough information to meet our rule.

That should answer your alter questions.

Welcome! Even though you don’t identify your practice as Demonolatry, in the Generation Demonolatry website there’s a mini-guide by S. Connoly called “Living with the Uninitiated” with some helpful tips to keep your practice concealed.

Good luck! :sparkles:

Thank you

You shouldn’t use an altar , offer food and drinks

Thank you! To clarify on the way I identify, is that the one time I tried getting advice from the community on reddit I got permanently banned from it so it leaves a very gatekeep-y taste in my mouth. One again, thank you.

1 Like