Question about Jehovah/YHVH from a Christian

:laughing: yeah, glad I caught that one.

Here, to make up for the disappointment -

“By night on my bed I sought him who my soul loveth… I found him, I held him and I did not let him go, until I had brought him into my mother’s house, and into the chamber of her that conceived me”. :weary::sweat_drops:

Paraphrased from Song of Solomon, sounds pretty saucy for the Bible (until you realise it’s an allegory for, essentially, magic)

3 Likes

Yes, exactly :slight_smile: The principles. Truth and love and service.

1 Like

B94EA40A-6FAB-4F8B-A172-5FCBBB3EA9AA

6 Likes

That made me laugh, thank you.

2 Likes

lmfao :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

As if that was ever in doubt for you :joy:

Edit – oops I forgot these in my earlier post: :smiling_imp::smirk:

You’re welcome

3 Likes

They work, just as you can fit anything into anything else, as Crowley comments in “Sword of Song”. But it will truly be distorted and incomplete unless one understands the Hermetic world-view. How many of them have truly pursued Traditional Astrology (Beyond the Natal Chart)? That alone is enough to give most people in New Thought an existential crisis, as well as most Chaos Magicians. They think that the Kybalion is a Hermetic text, yet how many of them have even read the Corpus Hermeticum?

You simply cannot understand it from a post-dead matter worldview perspective. They are too busy discovering what the old occultists had already discovered ages ago, but with great distortion, as we are going through this second Dark Age.

2 Likes

for all I know YHWH he is a jealous and demanding quote un quote God,a title that was giving to him I mean he’s pretty fuck up,if he doesn’t get his way,he punishes and destroy and most of all kills,he says the devil is the evil one but there’s no record of the devil killing anyone at all,you don’t believe me then read his bible,then to cover his tracks he comes in the form of humans to spread love as his son,I mean he tries anything to get humans to worship him and him alone,I mean whats next if you turn to him and worship and make him the true God he’ll give you a year subscription to netflix…:rofl:,
He seems like a narcissist God to me.

1 Like

This thread is going to push max replies I bet …

2 Likes

I kind of look at the trinity as a family in a way, a grumpy warrior dad, a loving hippie son, and mom trying to get everyone reconciled.

1 Like

Oh boy, this can be a lengthy conversation. Keep in mind that I am not a christian, I am a jew. There is a long tradition of trying to figure out how to address God in the “proper” way. This lead to a long list of names historically that are used, taboos of what not to say or write (for example, you may commonly find someone write “G-d” as a way to prevent writing the actual name) and how to get rid of texts that contain the name even if the religious authorities do not seem it suitable to keep (which often was a long storage until it could be buried ceremonially).

As for me, I personally prefer to use Adonai in prayer but I will use God in conversations. I think it ultimately comes down to a personal choice

There is also a long history of names being created from the letters of specific passages that can be used in magic. I actually have a journal using the 42 letter name extracted from a prayer (known as the Gensis or Kabbalhist prayer) that was formed based on the first 42 letters of Gensis

3 Likes

Don’t get me wrong, I don’t really defend the new thought. Yet if it works I won’t be judging whats truer or if anything is really true.

In a practical sense it works just fine which you and I and everone with a braincell should agree.

Kybalion is new thought imo. It has some fine points but its not truly Hermetic.

3 Likes

The issue with the Corpus Hermeticum, any of the writings of Hermes, is that it is very poetic, or very dry.
That alone tends to turn a lot away. I confess that I have not pursued astrology past my natal chart and GD resources, but the CH is just too hard for most to read, including myself. Now on tarot and qabalah, I like and read a lot on thise, not for fortune telling alone.

2 Likes

Of course I agree with that. It works in a practical sense, but you will see what the issue is when the appropriate practices have been done.

Yes I also agree with that, which is what I meant.

3 Likes

This is true. I had to rewrite the every sentence to my notebook and analyze them one by one yet I am still a newbie at it. So much to figure out.

But it also gave me a lot of answer I came to realize by intense meditation, one of them being ‘Theos wanted to experience itself and created itself out of itself so it could reflect’.

Reckon you think astrology is essential?

4 Likes

Phillipians 2 comes to mind on this.
I will have to add the Corpus Hermeticum to my reading list with the Kybalion.

2 Likes

Uncle Al recommended a couple good astrology books to me. I was impressed with Crowley, he had the ability to loot at a person once and know at least most of their chart. Did dozens of charts too as a student.

2 Likes

That’s pretty much the same conclusion I reached when I ate 150 mg of Delta 8 edibles one night. That and the importance of sacred geometry in correlation to what is considered divine.

3 Likes

It can lead to a very interesting realization, one that most in the New Thought and those with the Modern-Worldview don’t have. There’s a reason why the best of things tend to be hidden.

3 Likes

So you agree he kills…hmmm

So no actual scriptures to back up your statement… hmmm

I’ve read the Bible and was a Christian seems your defensive about facts…its ok he still loves you…awe🤗
You really earn that year subscription to netflix…

1 Like