Question about Astral Projection:

Is it true that people astral project every night without knowing it during our sleep? I’ve heard this many times, and I’m unsure. Since I know dreaming isn’t automatically astral projection, so not sure where the idea that we project every night comes from, or if it has any truth to it.

3 Likes

It depends on how you define things I think. Some people consider the dream world to be a part of the astral, meaning they consider dreaming astral projection. It comes down to if you consider dreaming to be a form of astral projection. I personally don’t, I see dreams as a separate plane.

1 Like

You are in a state of separation when you sleep because your body is locked down so if you aren’t sleep walking whatever move you make is acted out with your astral body! So yes you astral when you sleep! You basically sleeping on the astral!
Dreaming is another thing! The dreaming is not astral projection! Your body active on the astral but your mind is watching a dream!
If you wake up from a dream but your body still in lock down state, you wake up on the astral! If your astral body not that developed then you struggle with sleep paralysis.
The trick is to find out if you are in a dream by being lucid, then wake yourself up in the astral! In lucid dreaming you need to check if you can make other things do what you ask them to do like saying a specific thing. You are in control of your dreams characters and any text is unreadable! That’s the tell signs for me in dreams.
I wake up from a dream by getting lucid and then deciding not to dream and ignore participating in anything my mind throws at me! It’s like meditation! It takes so much mental strength to do this… doesn’t always work…

2 Likes

I’ve heard people endlessly debate whether dreaming and the astral are separate, my experience says they are one and the same. The same debate goes on about whether magick is in the mind or in the physical, again i lean very heavily towards the physical not the mind, as my experience in trance tells me the mind is a reflection of the world.

1 Like

No it’s not true I think it’s because people confuse lucid dreaming or the dreamscape with astral.

2 Likes

That’s what I’m thinking too. The whole thing made sense to me, until I realized that the dreaming landscape is NOT the astral plane. More like personal plane.

Lucid dreaming isn’t astral projection but you can do it once you’re aware that you’re dreaming. I normally call it etheric projection since there’s so much confusion on what astral projection actually is.

2 Likes

From my experience the personal mentalscape exists as a small piece within the astral. Your own little pocket of the astral which is the larger collective unconscious and your mentalscape is the smaller aspect of it. Which is why you can dreamwalk using the astral/mental.

A realm (dreamscape)within a larger plane(astral/collective unconscious)

1 Like

I would say that the dreamscape is astral-adjacent, meaning it’s not the astral itself but it is nearby, so you can move from dream into projection fairly easily. There are traditions, like Tibetan dream yoga, that use the dream state for projecting, and achieving mystical attainments, as well as interacting with deities.

6 Likes

Vampires use this method to project as well.

1 Like

Exaaaaactly.
I really dont like it when people say you “leave your body every night when you sleep”. I even know a lot of advanced mages who say that, but its very misleading I think. You dont leave and go anywhere externally. You leave and go somewhere internally.
You have to separate things between “inside space” , and “outside space”, and then define what constitutes actually being somewhere.
Most people aren’t consciously aware of their body in full capacity very often. This is one of the things meditation is good for actually. If you define your vantage point as being your focus point of consciousness, then most of the time you’re not so much in your physical body as you are in your thoughts, and sight, sound, and touch(most often in that order, being the three strongest senses for most). Dreaming though, is introspective in nature. It is entirely inside space, as opposed to normal waking life on earth which is a combination of inside space and outside space stimuli. Dreaming isnt “leaving your body” to go “somewhere else” externally. You go “somewhere else” internally. Depending on the individual, the vibrational or planar requency you’re most likely to enter varies (physical body, astral body, mental etc etc). But, its almost always inward if you’re dreaming.

1 Like

In my opinion I think people just took it and ran with it, in the sense they were going in the right direction of astral can be done through lucid dreaming but they somehow got lost in saying every night you dream you’re astral projecting.

The astral and dreamscape have very similar densities in the sense your imagination defines your experiences but then just melded them together for no reason lol.

There’s a lot of traditions and folklore that support the idea you go somewhere externally. For me the experience of leaving your body while sleeping is the same as achieving it with meditation. Plus you can validate your experiences as well. For example you can have your spouse or friend leave something unknown to you on the kitchen table, you can get out of body, see what it is and tell them what it is when you return to your body.

I think actual astral projection is hard for most people to do. Most people confuse it with mental masturbation.

For someone used to traveling outside the body for real I would imagine it’s very different. I’ll admit, I’m no expert on OOB travel. I in fact, cant do it at all, and instead have to pilot “drones” basically. Which, is pretty much like a remote viewing vessel that itself can be astral.

So, if the body is used to separation its probably much more likely. But, one must still understand the difference between internal and external travel to grasp what dreaming is instead of OOB teavel. Otherwise, we might as well just forget about the term “dreaming” altogether.

1 Like

IMO if you see your physical body or any physical surrounding than it’s not astral projection but physical projection/biolocation, astral is a different plane to see your own physical surroundings makes it not astral but then I find in some people’s views everything is astral which is hella misleading.

But there’s also views where even the physical is considered the astral :man_facepalming:

1 Like

I agree. People have the same problem with meditation too. It seems like a lot of people have a hard time telling the difference between an internal experience fueled by imagination and an external experience. Perhaps it’s because they never had an external experience. Idk. I’m beyond the point of reasoning with people who can’t tell the difference.

1 Like

The matrices on earth are what make that hella complicated. Normally the two planes would separate like oil and water, with them not interacting much, but matrices allow the higher and lower planes to interact much more, and more advanced ones will actually create astral copies of the physical plane more or less in real time, to varying degrees of accuracy. Couple that with the fact that some mages have an affinity for projecting their own matrices anyway, will lead to a lot of different experiences on how the planes interact, since internal and external space behaves differently between individuals.

1 Like

I’ve projected to the astral, on the physical, and the etheric the physical projection is easier than etheric, astral is easier than physical, atleast from my experience. However, astral and physical tend to flux in their difficulty since they’re both pretty close to one another.

1 Like

I see it in the form of layers that bleed into each other.

Physical plane
Etheric plane
Astral plane
Mental plane
Source

I see them occupying the same space but on various densities, as I don’t believe in the concept of higher and lower planes, but my view on source is widely different from most so I don’t add it to the list all that much.

2 Likes