Question About an Incantation, “Zomba, Tarka, Ishtu, Nebarim”

There is an incantation that I’ve come across that I have a question about. It is, “Zomba, Tarka, Ishtu, Nebarim”. To those of you that will obviously use Google, yes, it comes from a movie.

I think that it may be based on an actual incantation or “words of power”.

Zomba - Looks like the word zombie
Tarka - ?
Ishtu - Looks like the name of goddess Ishtar
Nebarim - Looks the name of the ancient language Nabatean

Maybe this incantation could be reworked into an actual working incantation. The incantation transforms a doll into a real person.

This is an attempt to take something that may be fictional based and use it as real magick. This is a form of chaos magick.

Let’s just have fun and speculate about the possibilities!

2 Likes

Nebarim - Similar to the name, Naberius, a demon mentioned in the “Grand Grimoire with the Great Clavicle of Solomon” He is supposedly the most valiant Marquess of Hell, and has nineteen legions of demons under his command. He makes men cunning in all arts (and sciences, according to most authors), but especially in rhetoric, speaking with a hoarse voice. He also restores lost dignities and honors.

1 Like

I would say look up interviews with the writers of the movie and see if they get asked about thier inspiration for the incantation. I would expect is just gibberish to be honest, meaning chaos style you will have to do all he work to apply any magick into this. I think you’re better off making up your own, tbh.

1 Like

Good point. The fact is, the writers of these movies do base some of this gibberish on actual grimories. Another example is the magick shown in the “Charmed” TV series with their fake ass grimoire.

Yah real life isn’t sexy enough, they usually like to tart it up a bit lol