Question about a dream

Greetings. I felt the need to open a topic on behalf of my friend. We have a problem that we cannot solve.

1 month ago when my friend (I will call this close friend friend X) was in a state of severe depression, my friend’s friend (I will call this friend friend Y) had a dream about my friend at that time. According to my friend Y, a demon or an angel was going back and forth between the house and the well and kept saying my friend X’s name. According to my friend Y, the man looked handsome, with beautiful golden hair and baby-faced. And when he repeated my friend’s name, he looked worried.

Obviously we were surprised because it seemed strange that my friend Y had this dream during my friend’s severe depression.

Who do you think this man could be? The friend who had the dream says he’s a demon.

I don’t know who that could be, if they are going back and forth between a house and well that would usually mean they are bringing water for your friend, so probably trying to be helpful for the depression, what about that is in any way surprising or strange?

If you think it may be this was causing illness instead of an attempt to offer aid that would be a cause for concern, if the water was contaminated somehow.

My friend thinks it is a sign of help. So he feels a little relieved but he doesn’t know what he can do in the future.

1 Like

This is powerful imagery what you have described, for someone with severe depression it may be that nothing seems to help even water, there is the saying one may bring a horse to water but only the horse can choose to drink the water, the same is true of people.

With your friend Y, you could say to them a way to interpret the dream is that everything is being done to help your friend X but it is the choice of X if they will accept any help or take initiative to help themself.

There are times when nothing more can be done.

2 Likes

Thanks for your reply, I will forward this to my friend.

1 Like

This is the most important thing, what your friend feels about his own dream, which is an interaction with his subconscious. It’s good he’s got this far in his analysis and it tells us this is a positive dream and thus no need to worry.

I’m not seeing a call to action in the dream, more of an attempt to comfort him while he’s in need.

I think it would be interesting to ask your friend who he feels the angels are in his life. Ignore the visual overlay which is the subconscious trying to say “it’s like this”. The subconscious’ language is all sensory and that’s why it calls on symbolism so much to get the conscious to apply appropriate words it can understand. Also think about what the houses mean, was it his friends house or a random dwelling?

If he has any kind of Christian upbringing, this is the generic term for any kind of spirit that isn’t approved by the Church, so it means “not angel”. There’s tools of beneficial sprits that are not angel, so I’d say this doesn’t really matter given the positive context.

I would suggest he try some one the dreamworking techniques from the Dreamwork Collection thread we have, or if he’s not a practitioner, just spend time quietly thinking the dream through, noticing thing and asking questions, not taking anything at face value or for granted. A lot of information can come when we stop assuming and ask.

1 Like

I can’t speak for my friend Y, but my friend X thinks this dream can be positive.

I can’t say anything clear about it, but my friend Y, who had the dream, told me yesterday that in this dream he saw a small hut as well as a house. This hut was right next to the well and it was made of wood. He could only give this detail.

Exactly. That’s why I call them entity or daimon now lol.

2 Likes