"Quantum Locking," Source & Manifestation

I have to get this off my chest since this thread was based on a Doctor Who episode. I think Stephen Moffat was getting idea for the newest run of the show from my dream journal.

Just consider you released your new series, and you are curious as to the public reception. Looking for reviews and such online, you might stumble upon one of the MANY Doctor Who dreams posted on the web. That show has inspired many awesome dreams that people have been eager to share. If he was reading dreams inspired by his show, odds are he would would have come across my dream journal. I was having Doctor Who dreams even before it was back on the air.

Timing wise, the Weeping Angels came shortly after I discovered and began posting about how everything requires your attention to exist. I don’t think it’s too much of a stretch to consider the weeping angels were his take on that concept.

There were a bunch of other too, but the one that stands out to me the most is the season finale for the Trenzalore episode, where Clara scatters herself along the Doctor’s timeline to help him out during his entire life. I had a dream posted where I followed the timeline of my 6 month old niece and helped here whenever she was in trouble, stacked odds in her favor whenever I could, just anything I could do for her entire life.

The stupendousness of my ego aside, what I like the most about the possibility of this being true is that my dreams were inspired by his shows, which were inspired in part by my dreams, which were inspired in part by his shows. Creates kind of a paradox, which is rather appropriate considering the show in question. True or not, I find it a fascinating idea.

Again, IF this were true, and it was those angels that inspired Lady Eva’s epiphany, perhaps in addition to any influence I’ve had in the forums here, that would be all kinds of mother fucking awesome. I know it sounds outlandish and egotistical, but on the other hand, that is the kind of weird path magic takes.

It’s simple.Your existence was unknown to me,until i saw your first post here.Of course you existed before,but not in my reality.Now i know that Black flame is a person and he posts here.And the same counts for your perception of me.

I wouldn’t call it existence, i would call it being aware of my existence.

Anyways even if i don’t think that the forum members here manifested dr who episodes, that show has been popping up everywhere now… so maybe i should give it a try, i didn’t even know about it until year 2013. Now its seems to be popping to my life… Look at that it would be even on tv right now when writing this.

Arkhilokhus wrote:
FWIW, this agrees in essential points with my own UPG. The experience I was given presented Darkness as the Unmanifest, but containing all potentialities, and Light as Manifest but limited. Also, that Darkness surrounds, envelops and interpenetrates all Manifestation.

When I asked the Archangel Raphael about this Darkness, his comments was, “It is the primordial blackness, power and desolation.” I suppose that from the perspective of an agent of Order, change would be seen as desolation.

The other bit of info I’ve been given (over several conversations in pieces, so I won’t quote directly) is that aligning with the Light is primarily about humility, in the sense of “knowing your place in the scheme of things”, while Darkness is more about pride as a source of strength.

Again, UPG, etc., but it’s interesting to see some connections.

I needed to find the book I want to quote from before replying to this properly because it’s triggered an awesome Eureka! moment there! And thanks for sharing as well, always good to hear that other people’s experiences correlate.

So, I have a theory regarding use of the “darkness” that EA wrote about specifically in Works of Darkness: I use the darkfield (my own term for it, visualised like jelly) to bind stuff, as I described here, and I’m also thinking of trying to use it for divinatory purposes, since it’s not spacial (due to being non-physically manifest and unquantifiable by standard physical measurements) so it shouldn’t theoretically be bound to the same spacetime axis we do, where space “is” while time “flows” - and it seems to me anything outside that has potential precognitive and divinatory capabilities, since time isn’t a linear unidrectional force upon it.

Now what’s REALLY neat is that Wallace T. Wattles in his book The Science Of Getting Rich (which deals with using your mind to actively manifest things and situations), describes the precepts behind his work in this manner:

"There is a thinking stuff from which all things are made, and which, in its original state, permeates, penetrates, and fills the interspaces of the universe.

A thought in this substance produces the thing that is imaged by the thought.

A person can form things in his thought, and by impressig his thought upon formless substance, can cause the thing he thinks about to be created."

I first read that book long before I got seriously into outright black magick (it’s out of copyright and widely available online for legal download btw) and didn’t truly grok that concept, I kind of liked it and I’ve certainly had major successes using it, but to tie this in with 1. my UPG from Ahriman, arguably Lord of the Darkfield which acts under will and not natural law; 2. the darkness exercise in WoD and my own use of it to bind and not (or at least not always) actually banish, and 3. the fact that coming out of a Union experience which transcends both “darkness” and “light” - a process of coming back into form FROM Formless, which automatically is an act of will and therefore correpsonds with the Ahrimanic/“Serpentine”/dark act of seperation from “God” - that took your post to trigger that possible link!!

So right now I’m really excited by the possibilities for this, and that’s going to be my next exploration.

Anyway I just wanted to share this, again anyone else who tries bits, or spots a meaningful correlation or maybe a theoretical tweak, please post it up!

This is BEYOND awesome as a concept! I also had Dr Who dreams throughout the long drought, I was watching that show as a child, it was a HUGE big deal in our house and I can’t think of a time when it wasn’t in my mind.

And hey, maybe Doctor Who’s manifesting ALL of us, he rebooted the entire world after all when the Pandorica… nah, gonna stop that right there before I go looking for amusing “proof,” actually find some, and end up freaking myself out! :slight_smile:

Seriously though I’ve also had episodes in my life, pretty major stuff, turn up in Doctor Who eps since the show returned, and I’m guessing from what I know about their production schedules and methods those events happened just before the episode scripts were finalised - I’d normally keep that to myself, but since you raised it, isn’t it weird?

There was one season where almost every ep was like someone tipping me a nod and wink towards stuff from my own life, it got completely freaky, and then as well when I dwelt on the content of the plots in greater depth, I realised there was something useful for me to learn about my own situations from them, so they didn’t just reflect my life, it was like, I shit you not, they were carrying a message for me about what to do next… yeah, I’m leaving THAT particular gem out of conversations in the straight worlkd though! :smiley:

My working theory is that because they’re writing about a man who has, under his outwardly human form, godLIKE attributes in many ways, they’ve inadvertantly (fractal universe theory) opened their creative flow to that of the universe, so just like London right now has the tail-end of Hurrican Gonzalo affecting the weather, so the same cosmic storms and flows which touched my life were picked up by them… I mean that’s well off into woo-woo land but the coincidences went WAY beyond confirmation bias or happenstance, it was one of those moments when you start questioning how fictional the movie The Truman Show really is!

It’s stopped happening quite so blatantly since about the middle of the last series with Matt Smith, but the latest ep Flatline raised a lot of questions for me about how we interact with beings for whom the “time” and “space” axes may be different than they are to us, something that’s covered in that post I made about the block world concept.

There’s also stuff about The Silence, these invisible watchers acting upon our world that we forget about the moment we’re not looking at them (shades of observer-effect stuff there again for ya!), who can implant suggestions and then because we forget they were there, the suggestion becomes internalised and has to be acted upon, and the possible way that applies to our will in affecting the world, ref: what I just quoted above from Wattles’ book and also the need to emotionally detach from a working afterwards, and to consciously forget about a sigil your fired in the modern A O Spare method… so yeah, there’s a metric ton of thought-provoking concepts in that series for magicians to pore over.

Whoah, awesome nerd-out there! lol!!!

I love it. :slight_smile:

Maybe, I like it for my personal use coz it’s optional, more liberating, but it might not feel that way to other people - such is the nature of human variety.

I have no problem holding two apparently contradictory concepts (like “I create my own universe” coupled with doing psychic self-defence and believing curses work) so rule/unrule, it’s all the same, but if it feels limiting to anyone then run like hell from that one! :smiley:

[quote=“Black Flame, post:20, topic:4201”]Care to explain me how everything requires attention to exist? because nothing actually does.

Your concept of existing just seems to be limited on your own perceiving of something, observing and perceiving are to me only observing and perceiving something that already existed - otherwise i couldn’t have found it to observe unless i made it. But whatever that is only rambling the point was i’m eager to hear if anyone has explanation how the hell would something need to have any kind of attention to exist?

There might be small stones or leaves somewhere dropped from my clothes, i haven’t noticed or paid any attention to it - bet they don’t give a shit and still exist.

Its hard to understand why this philosophical thinking, that doesn’t even lead to any real answers would help in magic… Well maybe i can understand after explanations.[/quote]

This is the thing. When you perceive an object, there is a mode of creation that happens that is always uniquely characterized by the perceptionist. So let’s take an apple for example. Now, this apple MAY have been it’s own particular sentient existence prior to our perception of it. However, the realization of this apple will be different, no matter how slightly, for every particular perceiver that comes in contact with it.

Hence, my apple is not the same as your apple. Now that might not seem like much to you, after all, we can both still eat it. However, even in that instance, it is something that is completely different. For example, you might not have diabetes like I do, so apples may just be something that you can nonchalantly eat. However, for me, the apple can very well be an instrument that is both life-saving or life-ending. I can use an apple to suspend a low blood sugar, the likes of which can be very dangerous. On the flipside, I cannot just go eating apples without careful insulin management.

So despite the apple being and “apple”, it is recreated over and over again based on who and what is interacting with it. Even more so, despite its’ recreation, my creation of it may in fact have absolutely no bearing on your creation of the apple. So in that line, my apple and your apple are essentially two very different things, even if they stem from the “same” type of object.

If we take into the realm of other creatures, it gets even more reckless. Animals have completely different sensory bandwidths than ours, so who knows how the apple even looks to a cat or a bird. To an insect, the apple may be more akin to a mountain, or for some insects its a dwelling. To the tree it came from it’s a child… that one item has a thousand different realizations of what it is. For me, that is what creation actually is: realization of potential permutations of reality.

You even experience it with people. You probably have a thousand different identities that you don’t even know about due to how people perceive you. now you could possibly say, “I know the REAL me,” but if you did, there would be no reason for you to have to discover “Black Flame: The Magician”. So even your concept of yourself is just a permutation of who you are, which is very unsettling to think about for some people. For me, it’s actually a bit reassuring; if I was the “real” me, and that’s all there was to me, I’d be like, “Well, this is gonna get real boring, so I think I’m done here” hahaha.

So that’s my way of orienting to it, in the fact that while objects may have sentient existence, their permutations are realized in different ways. Hence, they are recreated by the perceivers that interact with them, even if that perception has no direct effect on the base existence of that object.

Yeah, well at least that part is true that we all propably perceive each other in totally obscure manner. as i have difficulties to grasp with my related to a name “black flame” now i know its me in this forum, but its not my usual nickname but it is in a way part of me and also one of my names because i’m known by that name here.

^ Great post! :slight_smile:

What I like is that it addresses the apparent paradoxes between the idea that we create our own reality, and yet it’s patently obvious other forces (including ones we didn’t know existed) can interact with us. Right now I’m very much into finding apparent paradoxes because there’s usually something good hidden behind them.

Ref: what I wrote above about the darkfield possibly being Wattles’ “thinking stuff from which all things are made” and IF it exists in a different spacetime relation, that potentially explains why magick as a force in action (not the end results) is never going to be measurable by standard physical tools, except for maybe its minor effects in the reality thrown off like sparks, like EMS fluctuations or sound artefacts caturued on tape; and also, why the human consciousness, the part of us that arises energetically as an emergant quality of matter created by electrical energy but possibly transcending it/preceding it, is both the tool and monitoring device for magickal/spiritual work that achieves an end result.

Having outside observers, especially hostile (intentionally or not) means the darkfield is being influenced equally by an opposing desire, and desire is widely agreed to be the best way to imprint stuff on reality, whether by traditional magick or by LoA methods.

Using archetypal imagery such as chalice, dagger, circle etc., all carry vibrations into the darkfield because their form is their function, aka is defined by the effects they cause (that makes sense in my head anyway) and they’ve been used for long enough that (fractal universe - doubly relevant if the darkfield exists equally with time all happening at once) each chalice has the essential power of THE chalice, each dagger of THE dagger, etc., as well as the item’s own soul.

If demons (for example) exist IN time and traveling along space, something heavily implied in something I quoted in the block world post, they ask for things like sigils carved in metal to give them a better base IN space, a dimension otherwise a bit too slippy for them. It’s not greed or territorial marking, it’s efficiency and wanting the tools to help them do more of what they love.

If the Source (unquantifiable, infinite and void) manifests forth through equal aspects of “light” which = creation, cosmic laws that make the universe essentially stable, overseen (for example) by angels, and also “dark” i.e. the darkfield, which is the observing will that our own will can act upon, that - well kind of explains a lot of stuff.

It fits.

And obviously preface everything there with a HUGE “MAYBE” sign and also lots of reminders about UPG and me watching way too much telly. :smiley:

I’m just playing with this stuff right now, and apologies if these posts are getting too far-out.

I have some existing theories (Tarot decks and other divinatory tools are tiny models of cosmic forces, which are - fractal universe - capable of mimicking the reality through harmonic resonance, like a tuning fork that vibrates when a note is played near it) and the darkfield and its ambiguous relationship to “time” (as in our perception of time as linear) explains how Tarot decks etc. might be picking up resonances from the larger universe.

There’s some stuff in the latest Dr Who episode Flatline about dimensions interacting that also comes into play, I’ll try not to spoiler it but if you can find the ep online you can probably see the kinds of ideas it’s raising for me.

Also, back to Dr Who, the sonic screwdriver acts an awful lot like a magician’s wand, it kind of does whatever you will it to when you point it at something, unlocking doors or changing a signal light from green to red, and it’s interesting that it uses soundwaves because those are an early tool in magick (chants, drumming, incantations and “words of power”) so they’re also maybe a tool to affect the darkfield IRL, and maybe as part of a standard LoA visualisation/imprinting practice, using sound in some way would boost the effect (actually, that’s already kinda covered in creating verbal sigils).

Just some thoughts… I need to design a project to test those ideas out and will report back on results, including if they fail.

Meanwhile, here’s a picture of Matt Smith to demonstrate the extremely magickal concepts of desire, and staircases as liminal spaces, so not gratuitous at all:

(Edited for clarity and typoes.)

One of things that is problematic with all these theories is that we are trying to rationally learn about things that are beyond are current rational template. Trust me when I tell you that everything you said here is something that I used to rack my brain with profusely. I could also give myself incredible explanations as to why these things went down the way they did. However, I couldn’t shake the fact that what I was contriving was explanations based on a human template that, even if it reaches and has some time spent in more primordial arenas, often does not have a base where its consciousness personally dwells in these realms with equal comfort as the one it is most comfortably based in.

I used to ask myself why you have these yogis or Eastern masters dwelling in caves away from people. It’s no doubt that some of these people are doing it out of necessity, that is that they cannot dwell in the average world and keep their progress at the same time. However, for those who have attained near deification, it would gather that their priorities may just be far beyond our ability to comprehend or rationalize.

I have often heard the argument, “If people do exist who can fly, teleport, grow giant and hurl fireballs out their mouth, why aren’t they teaching people?” It would seem that at least some of these people do not want to share their knowledge for “selfish” reasons, but again, coming from that level, does it make too much sense to do so? I can gather that for at least some, there is really no fear of retaliation from some governmental force or whatever, but perhaps it just isn’t very sensical from that level.

I mean, if you are developed to a point where even planetary destruction means nothing to your ability to exist, and you in fact have several universes you can exist in, or you might even be able to reform a planet itself… I mean we don’t even know if this planet hasn’t been destroyed a million times and reformed again in the exact same space and time. So from that level… I mean I don’t know but to me it feels like a lot of things like saving the world, revolution, mass consciousness elevation… I mean they all would be good if they happened, but they have no intrinsic merit of necessity, nobility, or even advantage to a person who exists at that level.

But again, this is something that I feel language and rational that is based on this level will ever be able to comprehend, and it can get to be a bit obstacular in comparison to putting forth practice. So the moral of the story: get to work!

Eh, bro, you might be able to pull that one off to other people, but me?

I’m LIVING the work. :wink:

I’d even say 24/7, given the amusing nature of my dreams…

As for words, some things can be learned but not taught, but since you’re on this forum, and, last time I checked, not exactly master of the haiku yourself, well, that’s just what we’re all here for, and I don’t think anyone past a certain stage mistakes the chance to chew this stuff over with an interested group of fellow explorers as a substitute for the real thing.

But I know what I’ve seen, what I’ve done, and what I plan to do, and I intend to continue to “blog” about it in the one forum I’ve found that seems open to such explorations, unless and until I get banned/ascend to Mount Olympus, only to find out they’ve not got wifi/the mothership calls to take me home from this field trip! :stuck_out_tongue:

Mind twisting so to speak, but i am at work,play and in between.

Well this didn’t make any sense either, it really depends on the moment - but work is good when it brings us nearer to our goals and arcane forces of power.

Eh, bro, you might be able to pull that one off to other people, but me?

I’m LIVING the work. :wink:

I’d even say 24/7, given the amusing nature of my dreams…

As for words, some things can be learned but not taught, but since you’re on this forum, and, last time I checked, not exactly master of the haiku yourself, well, that’s just what we’re all here for, and I don’t think anyone past a certain stage mistakes the chance to chew this stuff over with an interested group of fellow explorers as a substitute for the real thing.

But I know what I’ve seen, what I’ve done, and what I plan to do, and I intend to continue to “blog” about it in the one forum I’ve found that seems open to such explorations, unless and until I get banned/ascend to Mount Olympus, only to find out they’ve not got wifi/the mothership calls to take me home from this field trip! :P[/quote]

Hey, I’m not saying that I’m any better for it than anyone else, in fact I probably criticize my efforts to express shit here more than anyone. And we all know you’re doing your shit, the “get to work” is a general statement that applies to everyone. But that everyone does still include people who are “doing the work”, and perhaps it would make sense if this was a break per se from something magical. But since it isn’t…

I’m not saying that your are substituting this for the real thing, not by any stretch of the imagination. But you, as do I, spend a decent enough deal of our time (unless you’re type like 300 words a minute) in our day posting here about magic stuff. So while I will agree that I at least think you aren’t substituting it for the real thing, you at least demonstrate that writing this stuff here is magically significant. Again, I could be wrong.

I just wonder how this is so when it comes to topics like understanding the deeper threads of reality. You are perhaps the most readily capable person on this forum to understand this from an experiential level. Yet and still, these understandings here are at least somewhat mysterious to you, at least that’s what it appears to look like.

Given this, I’m just wondering what it is that this expression would serve other than just “talking about it.” I mean, there aren’t gonna be many people here who have experienced what you are talking about even remotely, so are you expecting them to be able to add something to the understanding despite that lack of experience? I mean, I know we all do it, and I’m not trying to villainize you or call you dumb. I’m just wondering what purpose it serves other than just ranting. And if that is the only purpose, that’s cool then.

When I first attained that state of merger and then the resulting (and completely unexpected) ability to make things and events manifest by thought alone, I was totally alone with it and had never found any explanation of the phenomena in the teachings I’d studied, except a warning (too oblique to be understood by me at first) that the closer one came to genuine “Yoga” as in Union, the more likely it was that “distracting siddhis” would appear.

That was legit, from the POV of those guys who were, as I was at that time myself, exclusively focused on merger back to Source and gave not one good goddam about being able to operate this godlike power on the human plane.

But, stuff happened, I changed, and now I have the clear intent to be able to do just that - something that was mentioned in my earliest posts on here, which (by happy coincidence) were one year ago today. :slight_smile:

This is about the only place online where people do experimental magick and have that unique interest that’s placed somewhere that spans old-school mysticism, as in, exploring the nature of existence, and the traditional definition of magick, as in making changes to occur in accordance with will.

Given this, I'm just wondering what it is that this expression would serve other than just "talking about it." I mean, there aren't gonna be many people here who have experienced what you are talking about even remotely, so are you expecting them to be able to add something to the understanding despite that lack of experience?

Yes, because it’s happened too many times as a direct result of reading this forum in the past 12 months, and in fact has happened on this very thread!

Arkhilokhus’s post above triggered a coming-together of ideas that had been happily co-existing in my mind without me ever making the connection, and that’s given me something to explore next, and The Cusp having similarly “coincidental” experiences as me has helped me feel a little less crazy and a lot more like there really is “a tide in the affairs of men” etc., just as Sultitan_Itan’s recent post in another thread that led me to find Robert Bruce’s “core affirmations” gave me a solid base upon which to build some work on my own subconscious, which is directly related to debugging myself for this work, and The Fool’s posts have prompted me to buy the Magickal Cashbook online, which also gave me some ideas I’m still working through…

I mean really, from where I stand, it would be criminal to NOT post my stuff on here given that there seems to be a huge web of synchronicity linking so many themes across so many topics right now.

If I logged in here and for several weeks there was nothing that remotely sparked my interest or harmonised with my own work, then maybe I’d consider it all a waste of time, but that’s far from the truth… very far indeed!

So, back to business: my next piece of work will be to visualise the darkfield (my own term for where I took the darkness exercise in Works Of Darkness) and attempt to structure things in it, having first triggered and then returned from a samadhi => Union experience, which I seem to have discovered a short-cut to triggering, in a manner that’s wholly compatible with LHP thinking and practices (after having attained it previously, from years of diligent study of yogic principles in my RHP days).

The challenge I posted about when I very first joined this forum was how to operate the apparent ability to manifest things almost miraculously that can be a side-effect of achieving that Union state, because attaining it before required a heavy level of detachment from normal human consciousness and therefore made it hard to feel the level of desire that I’d found to be effective in performing standard LoA-style manifestation of events and objects into my life.

I’m going to attempt to stimulate that desire through demonic invocation (demons being, or at least heavily representing, the over-riding love for particular things) and through using my will to structure the items in the darkfield, which I’m speculating MAY be the substance Wattles was describing in his book (a book which I’ve also put to the test and got good results from over many years).

I’ve explored all the “ingredients” or guidelines I’m aware of that I feel aid rather than restrict my own work and will use that awareness as well, and I’ve already covered those in other posts.

I’m not going to post what I plan to manifest, or when and how, but I will report on it if and when that becomes possible, and meanwhile I’ve described in this post, as simply as I know how to, the operational principles I plan to use and the reasoning behind them. All the terms I’m using, like darkfield and Source, should be self-explanatory to people who’ve done the work that leads to experiencing them, and will become so for people currently working with those areas.

Too scientific and verbose at times?

Maybe, but fuck it, I’m not forcing anyone to read my threads, or doing anything other than experimenting with “real magick for real results” via explorations of personal divinity, so, alongside the fact I’m online a lot anyway coz of normal-life reasons, I’m sharing here in case anyone else finds it of interest.

I suppose I could use the time to look at amusing pictures of cats, but that’s really not gonna scratch my itch… :wink:

Eh, I guess I take for granted that this stuff hasn’t been new to me for quite some time, and I arrived at it mostly on my own just from “deep” (if I could make those quotations 80x bigger, I would) investment into things that were happening in my “mundane” life. I guess mentation is good for something. So, perhaps arrogantly, I find it quite odd that folks come back from all these primordial trips and arrive at conclusions or understandings that seemed to be… well common sense to me. Like I said, I’m probably taking it for granted.

Anyway, good luck with the work.

There are several different aspects to the pursuit of ascent. The philosophical/idea/science part is no less relevant than the application and experimentation side. Some individuals may be more talented in one area than another. And, that may fluctuate over time as they pursue their personal evolution. Some individuals may stop their advancement thereof because they are satisfied at what they have attained.

There should be no judgement or value placed on the philosophy side or the applied side or anywhere in between on that continuum as it is all valuable depending on the situation, topic, and individual pursuit at the time. And, they are complementary. One aspect may advance or develop which in turn advances the other depending on the application of new information. Whether one chooses to utilize all the resources available to them is their own personal decision.

Regarding Lady Eva’s analogy of cooking and ingredients; I can completely relate to it because I literally do that all of the time (in the kitchen). I see a recipe once, then I modify it depending what I have on hand. I have applied that same strategy, though I did not define it as such, in my own pursuits of these arts. Is that synchronicity or co-incidence? Perhaps.

When I read various threads, I’m ruminating on them most of the day (or night). Whether it is synchronicity or co-incidences as to the relevancy to what I’m pursuing or contemplating at times is, at times, amazing.

The quantum aspect is so exciting. And, this stuff is REALLY DEEP. Einstein called it, “spooky.” The proven, repeatable fact that literally anything changes upon observation in universal. (And, BTW, exist at the same time an infinite distance apart) There is no doubt that the understanding and application of quantum theory is an insight into the machinations of those other planes. The better we understand and apply both the philosophical and experiential aspects of quantum theory including entanglement, entrapment, locking, etc; The closer we are to achieving self actualization, which is our own Gods/Goddesses.

That’s the weapon I plan on using to take out a Shadow Man. Even though I’m only using the back of my hand, I’m still cutting with an archetypal blade. I’m fairly certain demons do the same thing, only with claws.

If you cancel out everyone else’s influence, then according to this model, the results would be a lot like the effects of the alleged Montauk Chair. Perhaps that’s how it operated. I keep looking to see if there is any evidence that aliens have magical knowledge, but I think the problem is the alien crowd just isn’t looking for that, so they won’t see it.

Of course, the other thing that approximates the cancellation of opposition would be dreaming. Consider most if not all magic occurs during some type of asleep while awake state.

If your really want to understand how we create our own reality, study shared dreams. Search the internet for shared dreams that have both accounts of the same dream. It quickly becomes clear each person is in their own unique dream, yet it’s still a shared experience. Differences are archetypal in nature.

It’s kind of like a Venn diagram. Your personal universe overlaps with that of others, but only to the amount of things you have in common. The only real problem with dealing with skeptics is if you’re trying to get them to focus on a part of your universe that doesn’t exist in theirs, outside the overlapping shared porting of the venn diagram. They have nothing to lock onto.

Instead of ingredients, I like the term Inference Points. Locking down implies a specific position, inference points let you hone in on different positions.

I liken magical operations to the classic game of 20 Questions. One person thinks of an object, and you have 20 questions to guess it. Computers do this well, and every question could be considered an inference point which narrows down the total possible outcome until you are left with just one remaining. By carefully selecting your questions, you don’t have to ask as many.

[url=http://www.20q.net/]http://www.20q.net/[/url]

Every ingredient in a spell could be considered an inference point as well. Every name, every implement, every image or sigil, each point taken together narrows down the endless possibilities in the same way each question does in the Q20 game. You’re stacking the quantum deck in your favor.

[quote=“The Cusp, post:37, topic:4201”]Instead of ingredients, I like the term Inference Points. Locking down implies a specific position, inference points let you hone in on different positions.

I liken magical operations to the classic game of 20 Questions. One person thinks of an object, and you have 20 questions to guess it. Computers do this well, and every question could be considered an inference point which narrows down the total possible outcome until you are left with just one remaining. By carefully selecting your questions, you don’t have to ask as many.

[url=http://www.20q.net/]http://www.20q.net/[/url]

Every ingredient in a spell could be considered an inference point as well. Every name, every implement, every image or sigil, each point taken together narrows down the endless possibilities in the same way each question does in the Q20 game. You’re stacking the quantum deck in your favor.[/quote]

Whow that game actually worked, :smiley: .

I think that i could easily come up with something that it doesn’t know thought… Now i thought of quite popular musician, and it knew how i thought of. Interesting game anyways!

Yeah takes the shine away when i decided to beat the game on this round and it was so easy :smiley: just pick more unknown artist.

Okay the game (people playing it) don’t seem to know much about Varg Vikernes either… or about many others…

This video about the Power Eye is so fucking good… “the path to everything is nothing.”

This exact realisation: that 1. my embodied life is an avatar, a manifestation of something greater than my everyday perception & personality and which ultimately was No Thing (and projecting forth everything, especially things I “disliked” etc) plus 2. I did NOT have to listen to the dogma that had told me leaving everything behind was the only destiny, is what, when put into action and used as an underlying understanding of things, cured me of clinical depression I’d had since the youngest age I can remember.

And, y’know, made me think I can command the powers of a goddess within my lifetime, so arguably not the panacea for ALL mental health problems, but certainly for the ones that ailed me. :slight_smile:

Seriously, the “power eye” that EA’s talking about here seems to me to be the point where what’s observed is non-differentiated from what’s being created - the point where the spacetime perception is created.

And what I’m calling the “hostile observer” (perhaps better described as the conditioned observer, which loses or wilfully refuses this awareness because it remains fixed upon what has been already caused, and not what can be created: the dead eye, with a dulled uncomprehending gaze that stays locked on entropic matter) seems to me right now to be what stops us manipulating physical reality while in the state of operating normally within it, as easily as we can manipulate an item in a daydream.

What’s valuable to me from that video is some deepened understanding about the “power eye” and the “dead eye” that doesn’t fit easily into words.

At the moment, it seems to me that planetary energies - for now I’m sticking with the 7 classical planets - can be invoked and used as lenses upon the manifestation of specific things. A probably minor or petty use of it all, but we all need a hobby. :slight_smile:

For example, we have the observer that creates the spacetime perception and then “falls” back into matter to exist within its perception in everyday mode, and to get to some possible models of this, the apparently cubic resonance of the physical world (represented by Saturn, the black cube, the laws of physical reality under “time” that lock down the physical realm to its necessarily stable state, and which keeps our perception within it linear, one-pointed and going only “forwards” along the “time” axis) seems like a vital key.

So, right now I’m working with that concept, using both physical methods from the doctrine of signatures (items made of lead, and a literal black cube) plus the concept of Saturn as a god, i.e., a distinct and aware entity with his own agenda (hard polytheism) and also of Saturn as a lens through which I manifest my spacetime perception, this stuff.

If my darkfield - which might be a different thing to the stuff EA was talking about in WoD, mine’s based on Wattles’ theories about “a thinking stuff from which all things are made, and which, in its original state, permeates, penetrates, and fills the interspaces of the universe. A thought in this substance produces the thing that is imaged by the thought” - is the point at which the unbounded perception, the No Thing, becomes bounded matter and Some Thing, and (this is important) in that liminal state it’s suceptible to will in a normal human state, then a mental construct to operate on it with greater speed than Wattles’ work proposes should be attainable, a literal “miracle mechanism” which will be able to rapidly affect the darkfield pre-matter state.

If the dead-eye/hostile observer theory I have is equally correct, then that mechanism will imediately drop into the causal (like rare subatomic particles that can be created but then immediately change into something else because no physical law supports their existence) and appear as a force or pattern working upon existing causal routes into manifestation, and creating new causal routes where none previously existed.

So:

1. I’m beginning to have a theory about why Saturn in every aspect is such a HUGE fucking big deal in black magick (aka magick that’s about imposing your will onto the world);

2. beginning to understand that transmuting that dead-eye within and without is a valid exercise when not in “omnipotence” mode - a simple transmutation can be seen in the trad. use of entheogens, witnessing a miracle, or anything that expands/breaks that hard “quantum locking” effect of absolute certainty about what’s possible;

3. having a lot of really nerdy fun. :slight_smile:

And this video just brought in a different look at the whole thing which is beyond priceless.

Not yet. But now when they do, it won’t be so confusing.