Puzzling dreams involving living people from my past

Sorry, but this post is def on the long side.

So, from time to time I am experiencing dreams involving the people from my past I am for various reasons no longer in contact with. Some of the most intense/ “more real than the life itself” kind of ones involve my ex-partner. I am trying to understand this phenomenon, or at least somehow structure it.

Part of the explanation could obviously point to my own subconscious, but there seems to be a supernatural side to it, maybe quite subtle, but still. Whenever she visits me something new always happens soon after in my life, sometimes these are relatively minor and mundane things on other occasions major changes, in most cases they are neutral, so I don’t think it’s happening out of any spite or ill-will on her part. For instance, I had a dream involving her some time ago and literally the next day I realized that it was an anniversary of an event important to both us, at least at some point in the past. Our ways parted many years ago and we aren’t on speaking terms: she believes that I hurt her, while I feel at least equally wronged by her. Importantly, I am holding no grudge against her whatsoever, nor do I wish her any ill, rather to the contrary. Realistically looking at things, there isn’t the slightest chance of us ever communicating ever again and I came to accept that (“it is what it is”).

So taking all that into the account I somehow feel puzzled why do I keep having those dreams. I am not frequently thinking about her, nor do I have any reason to believe that she does concern herself with my existence at all. I am wondering what may be at play here: my subconscious/ her subconscious, anything else? It’s not that I want to cut this connection or terminate it, but at least somehow comprehend it. As always I will be grateful for any ideas you may have. Peace.

Sounds like your subconscious mulling things over.

Do you have any kind of trigger in daily life that reminds you of this person, like talking to her, seeing something you bought together, anything like that?

If not, it could be triggered from her end by her being reminded of you. maybe she’s comparing you to a new guy or again remembering things when seeing something that reminder her of you… and you’re picking that up through a latent psychic connection.

It doesn’t necessarily mean more than you’re sensitive … people think about exes now and then that’s normal but they don’t always mean anything by it.

2 Likes

Nope, I have totally removed every trace of her from my life and “went over it”, also I am getting this kind of dreams totally out of the blue, it’s more the dreams reminding me of her than me reminiscing over her causing the dreams. Could be my subconscious playing tricks on me.

Right… Like I said it could be HER being reminded of you… and then you are “picking that up” meaning, getting telepathically “pinged” because she’s thinking of you.

But I further said that doesn’t necessarily mean that she’s pining or wishing anything, it could just be because something in her life is making her think of the past.

You had a close connection once, and that makes connections that don’t always go away fully. Your subconscious doesn’t play tricks, it just tells you what it “sees”, and this energy seems to be a thing it can see coming in.

If you don’t like it you could set up a ward to hide it from your [second] sight.

PS it’s like the old saying “oh my ears are burning, someone must be talking about me”… we know things sometimes.

3 Likes