Psalm magick - experiences?

Tbh there seem to be several traditions and ways of using them… I particularly like this guys… I’m not sure there is a correct way, just different ways…

The Greek word for psalms is psalmoli, which roughly translates to “musical instrument”. When the text was translated from Hebrew to Greek, that association stuck and lead to the practice of reciting or singing psalms with music.

3 Likes

As well as David who according to Christian myth wrote them… being a musician :wink:

1 Like

Adonijah :wink: sorry couldn’t resist :hugs:

1 Like

Yup, which I believe the association with David and Psalms came from the Early Eastern Orthodox Christianity, as I have not found anything mentioned in Jewish texts as of yet. But that is a guess on my end.

Putting history aside, I can see singing the psalms as being effective. As I mentioned earlier, Psalms is poetry which provokes emotion. Music also does the same, and there have been multiple instances of poetry dancing the fine line between literature and music. So it is definitely worth the experimentation.

3 Likes

@dagar that’s David’s son too who wanted the throne instead of Solomon

@anon8398376 you’ve been summoned!

2 Likes

Yes! Bring in the wand’r’r!

1 Like

Definitely! They’re heavy on singing in the language used!

My guess is aiming at stressing the importance of sound vibration… going back to pondering more I think particularly with our words if you think about words being the language used for creation in the Genesis myth

2 Likes

I could see that. Speaking is just as important as the act of writing in the systems of Jewish Magic I have been studying. They do not specifically say it is for the sake of vibration, but sound is vibration, it makes sense.

1 Like

Also angels being heavy in Christian mythology and being one step down from God and organised into choirs

So angels have a thing for singing

And are higher light vibrationally

So sound and light…

1 Like

Writing :writing_hand:t4: = spelling

Makes sense

I came across this! I have been including the English version of the psalm but I feel like the Hebrew sounds more magical!

4 Likes

According to the free book I posted a link to - psalm 23 is used for increasing peace in life, overcoming lonliness and for serenity and peace of mind

It’s also particularly used for funerals

2 Likes

It can be used for prosperity, love, marriage, protection, guidance, and general divine intervention petitions!

I use it for petitions

3 Likes

I have used in it the past for courage while facing dire odds as well, which goes with the inner peace aspect.

4 Likes

I used the psalms in a candle /. Hoodoo type magick. VERY effective!images (4)

5 Likes

Id really like to figure out Hoodoo!

2 Likes

There’s the book I used it was the BEST

3 Likes

Which one??

2 Likes

Oooh im always down for more reading!

2 Likes