Problems when making a Talisman

I want to create a Talisman or an object charged with an intention which becomes more and more powerful as I carry it with me, the problem is that I still can’t find anything clear in this forum and in some media that I am reviewing, and I have problems trying to I start getting carried away because I feel like I’m making a bad copy of typical satanic rituals from the movies.

My idea of the process to follow

1. Make a sigil with my intention
  2. Draw it on an object
  3. Charge the object with energy
  4. Carry it with me
  5. The object gets better and better by carrying it with me
  6. Have I succeeded?

Why bother with a sigil? Why not simply charge the object itself? After all, that’s how talismans such as a “lucky” rabbit’s foot or a protective charm bracelet are made, simply by infusing the energy of the intention into the object through repetitive charging ie carrying it around.

1 Like

That looks fine to me. I would just add, while carrying it, touch it and remember what it’s doing frequently. Be completely certain it’s working. Rather than fix and forget. This is why pendants made great talismans, imo, it’s very inconspicuous to reach and touch a necklace and you can reaffirm the intent all day long. That will build it’s connection to the magick.