Probably not making any friends here, but

I kinda just dove straight into the occult heedless to how deep the rabbit hole goes… I’m still falling.

That said, I definitely agree that people need to focus more on the fundamentals before going into more advanced stuff. I kinda did a thing where I worked on my fundamentals as I was bulking up my knowledge and theory for advanced stuff, and I know not everyone learns and progresses in the same way, but I do often get irritated when I see the same person asking the same questions time after time, even after they’ve been given numerous answers.

As far as the whole being scared shitless thing, at least to me, I’ve gotten to the point where even if something unexpected scares the shit out of me, I react fast and rationally:

Summary
  1. Entity appears
    Is it attacking?
    A) Yes, go to 2A
    B) No, go to 2B

2. Motives
    A) Attacking, banish the fuck out of it
    B) Not attacking, Ask motives then proceed to 3

3. Reacting to motives
    A) Passing through, send it on it’s way
    B) Looking for a place to rest for a bit, go to 4A
    C) Trying to find a place to live, go to 4B

4. Reasons why they are in my home
    A) Allow under the stipulations that they move on in less than a day and take an oath of no harm, or banish them if they don’t.
    B) Do I want them to live here? Go to 5

5. New familiar?
    A) I don’t want them, go to 4A
    B) I want them, Have them take the oath I make all my familiars take, then let them live in my home.

The whole thing takes place in about ten seconds to five minutes depending.

Amen to that.

5 Likes

Just like to say when I ask someone a question about how they did something etc. I am asking for their personal experiences with that. I am not asking to find out information I have already found using the search function. I want YOUR experience. Did you do something different? Did it work? How did YOU do it. Not how the bloody book says it has to be done. I don’t want the generic, I want the personal. But if that was your experience just say “Oh I used the spell that x talks about”. I have probably already read it

4 Likes

Nothing I do is ‘by the book’. In fact, a ceremonially trained magician would probably assume that I have burned the book and pissed on it’s ashes. The only times I read occult books is when I want some background on a subject so I have something to tear apart and fiddle with before putting it back together better and simpler.

Like when I looked into Kundalini stuff, I basically learned the basics of the exercises, then modified them to the point where they aren’t even using the same energy sources or end goal.

4 Likes

That was actually my experience as well. I stumbled on that one before I had ever heard of the word ‘kundalini’, but did not know what it was. Unfortunately I also did not know what to do with it, lol. It was like discovering a cookie and not knowing it is to be eaten, lol.

1 Like

In defense of newbies though, they could always stick to basic visualization, invocation, and basic rituals such as the LRP.

1 Like

I’m so glad you said this. The fucking LARPing has been getting to me man.

1 Like

What is larping?

1 Like

I really agree with you on this, In pratice I’ve worked quite a while to train my clairaudience skill I was naturally gifted with being able to feel a spirits prescence but that’s it, it has taken about three years and couple of consultations to able to work with magick pretty well. Everything like at the very least being able to see things internally through visualization were developed by various meditation pratices, without at least a descent degree of visualization as well as some diviniaton in your back pack, it’s next to impossible to pathwork effectively.

1 Like

I agree on most of this, as there is ALOT of work that is involved. Personally I write everything down so that I can reflect on it later when I have the " have I lost my mind?" moments. However, some entities are prone to taking a liking to an individual and will show up fairly quickly.

Lucifer connected to me very quickly and powerfully. But Duke Dantalian doesn’t seem to care for me. I always wonder how people can call on any entity and have huge success each and every time, that’s a red flag to me. Lucifer specifically told me "Now you have to work to reach me. " Even he says work is involved. I always get asked " can you ask him this or that " and it doesn’t work like that. Sometimes, I can get short answers that make no sense to me. But for the most part he just shows what he wants for his reasons. And sometimes I’m not always happy with it, but I’ve asked him to guide me so it’s part of the package.

Oddly enough, all of my oh shit moments were when I was a Christian or RHP. That’s when truly frightening things happened but I liken that to not having tapped into my own power at the time. I havent had a scary experience so far on the LHP, but I’m sure it will come. Especially with shadow work.

I think anyone who says they’re not afraid is either lying or simply not doing any real work. It’s the natural response to the unknown, especially dealing with strong energies and personalities you’ve never experienced before.

6 Likes

Yep, even when you are trying to contact an entity you have previously sometimes you just have moments that just make you go “oh f@#k” and tense up. Something happens and it scares the shit out of you. Like losing power the second time you try to evoke Lucifer. Funny now, not so funny when you are stumbling around in the dark looking for your phone for some light to find a torch lol. It was like the 5th or 6th time and not sure it was Lucifer but you get the idea

2 Likes

This why in another thread i said patience and practice is key. Peoples expectations that things will happen overnight is not true. You need to learn the basics and take the time to really immerse yourself into whatever your current is.

6 Likes

Yep… like the first time I had actual poltergeist activity from Loki and almost shit myself. Only 3 times has evocation actually yielded me physical manifestations. I have had magick backfire, spirits tell me no, spirits cause me physical pain, and lots of uncomfortable feelings after intense work. My first talks with them were using a pendulum. Finally, when I say I see a spirit, its astral sight. To date I’ve never (to my knowledge) had a spirit take on a physical body to talk to me. And I perform magick and communicate with spirits DAILY! DAILY! My first video was a rant about people wanting to be Merlin and not even willing to meditate 15 minutes. Faaawwwwk man

6 Likes

Live Action Role Playing , LARP.

4 Likes

Live action role playing, as in dress up as a renaissance era mage and play fight like you’re a Warcraft character

3 Likes

Ah. Well, there is a certain amount of an altered state by donning a costume and tools, but that is only one way. Another is the route of drugs, which is highly discouraged for a couple reasons. Third is fasting, sleep deprivation and so on. But LARP seems to me to be a little ineffective. Just my opinion.

2 Likes

Ritual garments such as headresses are a common phenomenon across the world throughout history for sure. It creates a separation between your everyday affairs and your spiritual workings. “Dressing the part” so to speak is used to get people “in the zone” for whatever they are doing.

And I’m sure most of us here have specialized tools we have set aside for certain purposes.

I think the association of this legitimate practice used for centuries across the world to LARPING is actually more of an insult towards us from the larger society that thinks of magick as nothing more than a dress up game for rebellious angsty teens. That’s just my opinion though.

3 Likes

Sure can agree that LARPING is not the way to go, but for some that to might work as a tool, fake it till you make it.
Using LARPING can be a way to get ride of programing from previous faiths and help to get ride of subconcious blocks.
That said If one use it like that one must throw it away when it has fullfilled its purpouse otherwise no growth can take place.
And with that i can say i dont use it, i challange myself by diving straight in when i decided to follow the lhp, still working on lots of basic, as in martial arts the true genius is in the basic and the ”cool” stuff aint worth nothing If the basics aint solid.

1 Like

Well,

• I’ve tried forever to get rid of fears. Nothing will ever work. Trust me I worked my butt off to get rid of fears.

• Now because of my intense fear and another unknown problem, I can’t see any entity ever. I very rarely ever even see a little light orb. I can’t even see entities in my dreams. I’m like too blind.

• I’m so good at communicating with entities for a newbie, who meditates once and a while, because I’ve done it all the time as a kid. I used to even be able to visualize them too as I talked to them.

• I used to be able to effect people’s dreams, feel their emotions, completely sense entities when I try, and have decent conversations with them, all when I was a kid, so I had great practice then. That’s why when I try so super hard, I can get a decent conversation, but even then it’s difficult.

• I know, meditation - I’ve been trying to do it more frequently, so there’s that.

• Banishing - I know I don’t regularly do it. I just mostly let entities come and go unless it’s a parasite. I’ve actually fed off of some, and that gets rid of them pretty quickly. An example here of me talking about how I’ve fed off of parasites.

• One of the first entities, that I had an encounter with, was King Paimon. I was doing a meditation and I visualized someone, who I didn’t know at the time. Come to find out, it was King Paimon, who was lending a helping hand. He came to me instead of me coming to him. That’s what exactly a couple other high ranked entities have done too.

So maybe this all explains. I dunno. :woman_shrugging:

3 Likes

honestly, i dont view having a full manifestation or even two way communication as the most important thing, at least not for me. So far, every far out spiritual experience i’ve had were unplanned. What i care about most is getting the result that i want. If all you want are real world results, that doesn’t really take much work at all frankly. If you’re looking for that full spiritual experience however, that does take time to develop those skills. I’m also not against people wanting to call upon demonic kings early in their development either. Like EA, i have a go big or go home way of doing things…and magick is no different. I started with calling upon Paimon and belial, and it really wasn’t an issue.

7 Likes

Live action role playing ( larping)