Primal Craft

Hello all, I have been reading all 3 books of Mark Allen Smiths’ trident series. I have read all 3 twice just to make sure I got the right gnosis about the path and knew exactly what the path is about.

Does anybody have experience with this book?

I have found it to be a very powerful series dedicated to Soul evolution/ascension. Its been rumored to be one of the best books for soul evolution.

Mark describes his personal gnosis he received from Hecate, from his view; the creator of all that is, the Goddess of everything and was the first “Omnipotent Being” in existence. I found it odd because I thought Lilith was the most powerful Goddess.

The books left me very intrigued to partake in the path of the Flame. But there are a few details that leave me skeptical about the wholesome of his Gnosis received.

1. He doesnt mention anything about Azazel, now I have worked with him extensively and personally feel he may be the most powerful Demonic God in existence. If anyone on this site has worked with him, they should know exactly what I mean. EA Koetting even mentioned in one of his videos the exact same thing.

2. He talks of a “Trident of 3 Godlike beings” responsible for all witchcraft and all that is. They supposedly gave early man, The Atlanteans, their power through their worship(love and Devotion) to the Gods. It kind of sounds like a LHP Christian like religion.

3. Even though it sounds very interesting, the power attained through the workings is only bestowed. But working through different systems I’ve found whatever is bestowed can be taken away. That leaves the average Black magician pissed off if their hard work was taken away due to a fuck up.

4. He mentions no other system is as powerful as the path of the Flame. Dont get me wrong, it sounds like it could back up the statement, but its been said before, for instance: Vodou, Palo Mayombe, Asian Sorcery, Dakini work, Free masonry, etc.

I could go on, but im trying to keep my review short.

My opinion of the path is it is very breathtaking and would be ONE of the most powerful systems in the world for soul evolution. One is warned not to understake the path for power or greed. It must be soley for the love and Devotion of Hecate, the Trident and the purpose for soul alchemy.

However, I feel their are other methods of achieving something beyond that path.

Im interested for everyones perspective.

Thank you,
Titan

3 Likes

Yes, that is one thing I didn’t like about QOH and TRK, the worshipful tone to them. I wanna become a GOD not worship one.

I only read the first book…it was all I needed. I remember taking the blood oat to her and having her gigging me visions of Hades and Heaven. She immediately accented me as a child and has done everything to keep my life progressing. Much of my magic comes from her, being the Goddess of Magic, of course. The power she allows one to draw from her essence is enormous. It’s like she gives us a never ending supply of power once we tap into it it. Once she opens the gate, oh key bearing maiden, one can never be the same.

4 Likes

Have you seen this interview with Mark Alan Smith? It’s good. He’s very interesting.

The First Three - The Opening of the Great Gates of Spiritual Fire with Mark A. Smith

1 Like

Seen it, very good. I talked to him online. I still plan to work with Hekate and Lilith.

@Papa Guero,

But its only about “attaining their crowns of Divinity”, never ascending beyond further than that. But isnt one subjecting their will to a higher power?

I appreciate the response and respect your path of choice. Have you already undergone the Rite of the Phoenix?

@Globalitz,

Thats exactly what was etching at me while reading the books, basically if I don’t worship them I can say goodbye to their Power. But it doesnt mention anything about mundane workings, its all spiritual. Which is great, but it doesnt speak of attaining anything in the physical world.

Just my thoughts.

There are some books on amazon.com about her.

This one:

[url=http://www.amazon.com/Hecatean-Magick-B-Morlan/dp/1475262442/ref=sr_1_12?ie=UTF8&qid=1430372332&sr=8-12&keywords=hecate]http://www.amazon.com/Hecatean-Magick-B-Morlan/dp/1475262442/ref=sr_1_12?ie=UTF8&qid=1430372332&sr=8-12&keywords=hecate[/url]

This one also. I don’t have a kindle so I can’t read it.

[url=http://www.amazon.com/Evoking-Hecate-Goddess-Anousen-Leonte-ebook/dp/B00VHJ9I7O/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1430372332&sr=8-3&keywords=hecate]Amazon.com

I also find the stuff in the books unworkable. He told me to first make contact with Hekate before starting the work.

Interesting stuff! Globalitz, there’s a “Kindle for PC download” on Amazon, I have that, I don’t know what your set-up is but there might be a solution? Kindle books are often cheaper and the immense benefit of being instant downloads, plus old reference works like The Golden Bough etc., are free. Apologies for the off-topic. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’ve never seen that, Lady Eva. I will look for it. I thought you needed a Kindle device to read them.

Not to go off-topic again but the author seems to have some interesting stuff.

[url=http://www.amazon.com/Olympick-Magick-Summoning-Planetary-Spirits-ebook/dp/B00PEXZVPC/ref=pd_sim_kstore_4?ie=UTF8&refRID=16JAX43NJ9ZC1DV46VPT]http://www.amazon.com/Olympick-Magick-Summoning-Planetary-Spirits-ebook/dp/B00PEXZVPC/ref=pd_sim_kstore_4?ie=UTF8&refRID=16JAX43NJ9ZC1DV46VPT[/url]

This opens straight to a download page for “Kindle for PC”: [url=http://www.amazon.com/gp/kindle/pc/download]http://www.amazon.com/gp/kindle/pc/download[/url]

Iv also found that his Rite of the Phoenix is an equal to Koettings’ Gatekeeper ritual. Theyre both meant for destroying the ego, causing a rebirth and driving one straight to the abyss.

I guess initiation is required to work the path, but outside of that current, wouldnt the exact same knowledge be attainable through a “backdoor” or just from giving the Beings tasks for that knowledge? I personally dont see why not…

I will also watch that video for insight.

1 Like

The rite of the phoenix is one where you gotta hold a bone in the water for 3 days? Almost impossible for me since I live in south east Arizona.

No thats the Toad ritual, also called “Waters of the moon”.

[quote=“Titan, post:6, topic:5173”]@Papa Guero,

But its only about “attaining their crowns of Divinity”, never ascending beyond further than that. But isnt one subjecting their will to a higher power?

I appreciate the response and respect your path of choice. Have you already undergone the Rite of the Phoenix?

@Globalitz,

Thats exactly what was etching at me while reading the books, basically if I don’t worship them I can say goodbye to their Power. But it doesnt mention anything about mundane workings, its all spiritual. Which is great, but it doesnt speak of attaining anything in the physical world.

Just my thoughts.[/quote]

After the dedication, Hekate began to guide me and I quit needing the rites from the book. The only thing you could hope to ascend to beyond the ranks of Hekate is Nirvana wit the Budhas.

I don’t work from that book, but a number of points of his gnosis are consistent with my own from my witchcraft work. They’re similar, but different.

1 Like

Would you be willing to share what you mean, Euoi?

His gnosis of Hecate being the creator, does it have any validity?

No, I do not believe that is correct. My gnosis leans towards the distant, unknowable Creator theory rather than a entity that can be contacted. However, the deities of witchcraft being emanations of something else is consistent with my own craft.
I honestly can’t say much, my witchcraft stuff can’t be revealed based on oath to the spirits.

I understand, thank you for the insight though. So you’re referring to earlier Gnosticism. It has a lot of interesting points.
Nevertheless, thankyou! =)